DJI GO 4 update 4.2.22 out now
2831 33 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

And is suppose to fix the causing C1/C2/Function button in MP and MA from not working after using POI.  Will be testing this update here shortly.  
2018-6-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Looking forward to hearing your results.
2018-6-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is for IOS, yes?

I'm looking forward to seeing your results.  I'm not going to turn this into a rant, but uh... DJI, you've got to do better at documentation.

2018-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice            
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

The update did fix the C1/C2 button issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-150560-1-1.html so that is a huge improvement in my mind.  However though at least for me the recording of POI still does have the sometimes choppy video screen(not on actual footage though).  ButI am happy now that it fixed this issue.  
2018-6-29
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft

OK I know I must be missing something easy but, how do you get this update without downloading it to install?  Last twice I failed to find any automatic or notification that an update was available and had to get it from DJI website.
Thanks and sorry if I am just missing something.
2018-6-29
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-6-29 10:39
OK I know I must be missing something easy but, how do you get this update without downloading it to install?  Last twice I failed to find any automatic or notification that an update was available and had to get it from DJI website.
Thanks and sorry if I am just missing something.

Do you have iOS?
Swipe down from the top of the screen, and hold it for about 5 seconds, update shows up.
Android updates historically lag iOS updates, but do not know if that is the case on this one.
2018-6-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 07:33
The update did fix the C1/C2 button issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-150560-1-1.html so that is a huge improvement in my mind.  However though at least for me the recording of POI still does have the sometimes choppy video screen(not on actual footage though).  ButI am happy now that it fixed this issue.

Nice to hear the C1/C2 problem solved.
Haven't checked it out to see if the Video was still choppy. When I came across the choppy video with the POI the last IOS update fixed mine. Hoping it hasn't changed.
2018-6-29
Use props
MartiTeam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 530636 ft
Poland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 07:33
The update did fix the C1/C2 button issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-150560-1-1.html so that is a huge improvement in my mind.  However though at least for me the recording of POI still does have the sometimes choppy video screen(not on actual footage though).  ButI am happy now that it fixed this issue.

there is progress but this update do not resolve problem completely, during POI mode when I press C button where gimbal recenter functionality is assigned I'm not able anymore control gimbal up or down, pausing POI mode unblocking the camera, really strange....... maybe in 9.7.44 problem will be permanently fixed.
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-29 12:29
Nice to hear the C1/C2 problem solved.
Haven't checked it out to see if the Video was still choppy. When I came across the choppy video with the POI the last IOS update fixed mine. Hoping it hasn't changed.

Interesting.  So you are good with no more choppy video at all?  how many times did you test since was good to go?  Yeah mine is choppy sometimes but not always.  
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

MartiTeam Posted at 2018-6-29 12:33
there is progress but this update do not resolve problem completely, during POI mode when I press C button where gimbal recenter functionality is assigned I'm not able anymore control gimbal up or down, pausing POI mode unblocking the camera, really strange....... maybe in 9.7.44 problem will be permanently fixed.

That is interesting.  I will have to try this.  I just tried to make sure the buttons worked after.  I have Auto Focus for C1 and Battery info for C2.  I will try Gimbal recenter and see if I get same results as you.
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Since you brought up an issue using a button after POI I have not but will try the functionality of all of the possible assignments.  I have only tried C1(auto focus) and C2(Battery info) so will give these other options a go since you are having an issue.  Thanks for bringing this up.
Turn on/off Head LEDs
Center-Weighted Metering
AE Lock/Unlock
Advanced Camera Settings
Camera Forward/Down
Gimbal Follow/FPV mode
Toggle Map/Live View
Battery Info
Navigation
Playback
Center Auto Focus
Not Defined
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Is the Camera Forward/Down option the one where you are no longer able to control gimbal up or down?
2018-6-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 12:34
Interesting.  So you are good with no more choppy video at all?  how many times did you test since was good to go?  Yeah mine is choppy sometimes but not always.

The problem with POI choppy video was in the beginning with the C1/C2 problem. At that time I got an IOS update and the video was good after that but the C1/C2 problem still existed . I tried each time I fly to see if it was still smooth and it was.
I haven't tried the new GO4 update to see if the video is the same or now is choppy as yours. The wind has been howling between 20 an 45 MPH so flying has to wait.
I will let you know as soon as I can.
2018-6-29
Use props
ixiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75226 ft
United States

What no android updates. Where the major. Issues are
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-29 12:47
The problem with POI choppy video was in the beginning with the C1/C2 problem. At that time I got an IOS update and the video was good after that but the C1/C2 problem still existed . I tried each time I fly to see if it was still smooth and it was.
I haven't tried the new GO4 update to see if the video is the same or now is choppy as yours. The wind has been howling between 20 an 45 MPH so flying has to wait.
I will let you know as soon as I can.

Sounds good at least you should be good to go 100% now   I mean really not a big deal as the choppy video is only when recording poi but the SD card footage is smooth and recording any other way does not cause this issue.  Still though would like it fixed is why I opened that other thread to hopefully get some results the same way we did with the poi button issue thread.  Thanks for helping with this my friend
2018-6-29
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 12:38
Since you brought up an issue using a button after POI I have not but will try the functionality of all of the possible assignments.  I have only tried C1(auto focus) and C2(Battery info) so will give these other options a go since you are having an issue.  Thanks for bringing this up.
Turn on/off Head LEDs
Center-Weighted Metering

Hi. You tested 4.2.22 can work? I will test later. Only mavic pro? what about p4p? See like all issue mavic pro.
2018-6-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 12:50
Sounds good at least you should be good to go 100% now   I mean really not a big deal as the choppy video is only when recording poi but the SD card footage is smooth and recording any other way does not cause this issue.  Still though would like it fixed is why I opened that other thread to hopefully get some results the same way we did with the poi button issue thread.  Thanks for helping with this my friend

Your very welcome.
Sticking together when there is a bug is the only way to get them fixed.
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

ixiz Posted at 2018-6-29 12:48

Yeah I know and feel for you guys.  Honestly they were not aware of the c1/c2 poi button issue till I opened the ticket.  they really do not monitor these forums much is my guess.  How I got it fixed was started a poll thread where people with the issue can vote then I opened a ticket.  Then kept bothering them everyday with updates, their team saw the issue and the fix finally came out.  I suggest you guys with android devices do the same.  Get a poll going to see how many are having an issue.  open a support ticket and give them the link to the thread.  
2018-6-29
Use props
MartiTeam
lvl.3
Poland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 12:42
Is the Camera Forward/Down option the one where you are no longer able to control gimbal up or down?

yes camera up/down wheel on RC do not work anymore, but when you pause ad revoke POI mode camera movement wheel works again, untill you press C button again with gimbal recenter functionality assigned.
Do this: launch POI mode, move camera UP and down using your RC, the press C button (recenter the gimbal) ad you will se that camera up/down is locked. Please let me know when you reproduce the issue.  
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-29 12:53
Your very welcome.
Sticking together when there is a bug is the only way to get them fixed.

Totally agree.  I feel many android users that have lag/choppy video should do the same thing we did as I feel that will get better results than just posting a thread here and there.  
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

MartiTeam Posted at 2018-6-29 12:55
yes camera up/down wheel on RC do not work anymore, but when you pause ad revoke POI mode camera movement wheel works again, untill you press C button again with gimbal recenter functionality assigned.
Do this: launch POI mode, move camera UP and down using your RC, the press C button (recenter the gimbal) ad you will se that camera up/down is locked. Please let me know when you reproduce the issue.

Sure thing I will test this evening in a few hours.  Thanks for this info.
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

ixiz Posted at 2018-6-29 12:48

I would suggest this.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-154643-1-1.html
2018-6-29
Use props
AB9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42572 ft
Australia

I updated this app on my iPad an hour ago.  Now the app crashes when connecting to my P4P.
2 days ago I was hot having any problems with this app.  The update seems to have introduced new bugs.
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

AB9 Posted at 2018-6-29 17:11
I updated this app on my iPad an hour ago.  Now the app crashes when connecting to my P4P.
2 days ago I was hot having any problems with this app.  The update seems to have introduced new bugs.

Crazy but I am honestly not surprised.  Here is what I would do.  Completely uninstall and reinstall the app.  Also make sure you are on the latest 11.4 IOS.  Not saying will fix but would give a shot.

Does it crash just with your P4P or your MA as well?
2018-6-29
Use props
AB9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42572 ft
Australia

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 17:37
Crazy but I am honestly not surprised.  Here is what I would do.  Completely uninstall and reinstall the app.  Also make sure you are on the latest 11.4 IOS.  Not saying will fix but would give a shot.

Does it crash just with your P4P or your MA as well?

SparksBird,  
Thanks for your suggestions.  Before I read your post, I tried flying my P4P using my iPhone (which doesn't have the updated app).  It worked fine.  Then I read you post.  Before reinstalling the app on my iPad I thought I'd try it again.  This time it worked fine. . . that's really bazaar.  Not sure what went wrong the first time.  Anyway, it's all good now
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

MartiTeam Posted at 2018-6-29 12:55
yes camera up/down wheel on RC do not work anymore, but when you pause ad revoke POI mode camera movement wheel works again, untill you press C button again with gimbal recenter functionality assigned.

So I tested this many times this evening just to be sure.  I did NOT have the same issue.  Everytime during POI I would do the Camera up/down and then press the C button again centering the camera, I still had the ability to move the camera up and down using the wheel.  So what I would suggest is completely uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app.  
2018-6-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Greece

Just flown MA using iPad 2018 & Go 4.2.22. No problems to report. POI trialed and then C button (programmed to recentre gimbal) - worked before & after
2018-6-29
Use props
MartiTeam
lvl.3
Poland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 20:37
So I tested this many times this evening just to be sure.  I did NOT have the same issue.  Everytime during POI I would do the Camera up/down and then press the C button again centering the camera, I still had the ability to move the camera up and down using the wheel.  So what I would suggest is completely uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app.

that i was did, I think this is the Mavic Air problem
2018-6-30
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

I tested mavic pro with POI and C1/C2 working well. I used ipad 9.7 2018 and app 4.2.22. Other i used android i press RTH and increased go up increase from 100m to 200m. I not sure if delete app 4.2.20 and change to 4.2.16. Memory rth will be lost?
2018-6-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-6-30 04:11
I tested mavic pro with POI and C1/C2 working well. I used ipad 9.7 2018 and app 4.2.22. Other i used android i press RTH and increased go up increase from 100m to 200m. I not sure if delete app 4.2.20 and change to 4.2.16. Memory rth will be lost?

Very possible you would need to go in and change the RTH altitude.  I believe I had to when I completely deleted and reinstalled the app a month ago.  
2018-6-30
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-30 05:10
Very possible you would need to go in and change the RTH altitude.  I believe I had to when I completely deleted and reinstalled the app a month ago.

OK thank you very much. IOS app 4.2.22 tested still working with C1/C2 after POI. MP still good.
2018-6-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-6-30 05:42
OK thank you very much. IOS app 4.2.22 tested still working with C1/C2 after POI. MP still good.

Sounds great.  Would you mind jumping in over here.  Need some additional testing done please.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-154614-1-1.html
2018-6-30
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft

Good evening,
For me, still unreadable map problems (EVERYTHING is green!)
Good flights.
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules