video was recording to my phone, but not the SD card?
712 16 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft

can someone give me some helpful advice on what may be the issue?   The video was recording to my phone, but not the SD card?
I lost whole day of work....I have videos on my phone but zero on the card...The dron was power down 3 times during the shoot....
On the card I have videos before and day after  but zero from the day of shoot

2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having this issue on your SD card. Have you formatted the SD Card before the shoot? What is the capacity of the SD card?
2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 11:25
I am sorry that you are having this issue on your SD card. Have you formatted the SD Card before the shoot? What is the capacity of the SD card?

I did have videos shoot before that day so I did not format the card...since I did have a plenty space left on it..the card is 32GB....
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Vidfact Posted at 2018-6-29 11:29
I did have videos shoot before that day so I did not format the card...since I did have a plenty space left on it..the card is 32GB....

Thank you for that information. Can you save the recorded footages on a computer then try to format the SD card. After that process please try record some footage. Let us try these process to isolate the issue.
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Hello!
I had exactly the same issue. Turned out it was a bad SD card.
Find below the recommended SD card list:
Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC

Make sure to buy an original one as there are a tone of counterfeit SDs out there which won't work neither.
Hope it works for you!
2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 11:40
Thank you for that information. Can you save the recorded footages on a computer then try to format the SD card. After that process please try record some footage. Let us try these process to isolate the issue.

If I format Card all data will be lost right? I did record test video on same card today and is working...
one more info perhaps have some sort of logic...yesterday I did not fly  the Drone was power up on tripod but it was indoor and Fire Marshal Did not let us fly...  we did record 12 clips of video and 20 photos..all of that have record on the phone...but zero on SD card....WE did make a test at home if recording will happen if drone is power up but do not fly  and test was working great...so that is why we did not suspect to have problems....In the past I did have problem with recording on SD card but I was able to find the card that was working fine with out problem and did many tests...so this one is totally depressing it was a shoot I will be not able to re shoot.
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Vidfact Posted at 2018-6-29 11:53
If I format Card all data will be lost right? I did record test video on same card today and is working...
one more info perhaps have some sort of logic...yesterday I did not fly  the Drone was power up on tripod but it was indoor and Fire Marshal Did not let us fly...  we did record 12 clips of video and 20 photos..all of that have record on the phone...but zero on SD card....WE did make a test at home if recording will happen if drone is power up but do not fly  and test was working great...so that is why we did not suspect to have problems....In the past I did have problem with recording on SD card but I was able to find the card that was working fine with out problem and did many tests...so this one is totally depressing it was a shoot I will be not able to re shoot.

I had to change the SD card 3 times before finding an original one. I lost tones of footage and photos, its pretty frustrating.
2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-29 13:28
I had to change the SD card 3 times before finding an original one. I lost tones of footage and photos, its pretty frustrating.

I do understand the idea of SD card my be a problem but it is a DJI problem showing if the recording works but actually do not..and perhaps Im wrong but if Canon will make camera when you shoot photo show you preview but actually not record it,  you will be returning that one and ask for a refund...and blaming SD card for all the problems  is quite wrong....if the card is to blame for all the issues than DJI should start selling DJI cards...It is quite problematic to me own the camera that telling me is recording but actually not....so the question is, is this a common problem?  base on google search actually is and exist for a long time...so perhaps DJI should let us know what is doing about it...If this is happening I hope you understand I cannot use this drone. Camera recording option is essential so is totally shocking to me every one accepting that like is not a problem ..I lost yesterday a big client of mine..it was one in the life time event...and the idea it works some time and is not in the other is not the way cameras works...and if is not recording I will appreciate to know about it....
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Vidfact Posted at 2018-6-29 14:02
I do understand the idea of SD card my be a problem but it is a DJI problem showing if the recording works but actually do not..and perhaps Im wrong but if Canon will make camera when you shoot photo show you preview but actually not record it,  you will be returning that one and ask for a refund...and blaming SD card for all the problems  is quite wrong....if the card is to blame for all the issues than DJI should start selling DJI cards...It is quite problematic to me own the camera that telling me is recording but actually not....so the question is, is this a common problem?  base on google search actually is and exist for a long time...so perhaps DJI should let us know what is doing about it...If this is happening I hope you understand I cannot use this drone. Camera recording option is essential so is totally shocking to me every one accepting that like is not a problem ..I lost yesterday a big client of mine..it was one in the life time event...and the idea it works some time and is not in the other is not the way cameras works...and if is not recording I will appreciate to know about it....

I  do understand your frustration. I'm not sure if its the SD card, it could not be. I just stated what happened to me and gave you the solution that worked to me.
The footage is pretty high res therefore it demands a powerful SD card wich only the original ones can deliver. Great image demands great SD card. Unfortunately DJI doesnt include the SD card within the package but they sell those in their website.
It's impossible for them to keep track of the SD card quality we buy on the streets.

2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-29 14:17
I  do understand your frustration. I'm not sure if its the SD card, it could not be. I just stated what happened to me and gave you the solution that worked to me.
The footage is pretty high res therefore it demands a powerful SD card wich only the original ones can deliver. Great image demands great SD card. Unfortunately DJI doesnt include the SD card within the package but they sell those in their website.
It's impossible for them to keep track of the SD card quality we buy on the streets.

I'm totally understand and I'm thankful you try to help in solving the issue...but it is about time for a DJI to try to resolve the issue of SD card if that is the problem...for start they can make a simple stress test for a card in their app...and that is not that complicated..also it will help to have software update to let you know if you are not recording instate showing the false information..that is not exactly that difficult considering all the other cameras on the market do not have that problem..and regarding  video data rate and Hi Res..o please it is only 1920x1080 mp4....that is not that demanding this days....is just a sloppy engineering  all the focus is on Flying not the camera...but with out the camera is no need for flying.
Half the budget for the mission to the moon was spend on Live  TV transmission...DJI should learn from that...False information is absolutely not acceptable...if I know the cart malfunction or it is any other problem I cold record with the phone directly in HD...why  this never happen to the phone camera?
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Vidfact Posted at 2018-6-29 14:42
I'm totally understand and I'm thankful you try to help in solving the issue...but it is about time for a DJI to try to resolve the issue of SD card if that is the problem...for start they can make a simple stress test for a card in their app...and that is not that complicated..also it will help to have software update to let you know if you are not recording instate showing the false information..that is not exactly that difficult considering all the other cameras on the market do not have that problem..and regarding  video data rate and Hi Res..o please it is only 1920x1080 mp4....that is not that demanding this days....is just a sloppy engineering  all the focus is on Flying not the camera...but with out the camera is no need for flying.
Half the budget for the mission to the moon was spend on Live  TV transmission...DJI should learn from that...False information is absolutely not acceptable...if I know the cart malfunction or it is any other problem I cold record with the phone directly in HD...why  this never happen to the phone camera?

As I said it can be a different issue from mine.
We can't entirely blame DJI for that as we see in the internet thousands of beautiful and successful footages taken with the little spark.
We cant fully rely on any pice of tech. Before anything else its our job to check and recheck if its everything working well.
I'm sure if its a more serious issue than a bad SD card DJI will take care of you.

2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-29 15:21
As I said it can be a different issue from mine.
We can't entirely blame DJI for that as we see in the internet thousands of beautiful and successful footages taken with the little spark.
We cant fully rely on any pice of tech. Before anything else its our job to check and recheck if its everything working well.

Yes...we should do test but if test is OK we have to rely on tech after all they provide us with the record button and if is red it is recording...and if you have media recorded on the phone the file should be recorded on the card...if we cannot rely on this we have to choose different piece of tech.
DJI cannot have blank trust card...they also have responsibility to sell reliable piece of tech...I do not ask for much just simple honest answer...how often Spark have problem with recording video? perhaps it is big problem and recall is necessary?
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Vidfact Posted at 2018-6-29 17:59
Yes...we should do test but if test is OK we have to rely on tech after all they provide us with the record button and if is red it is recording...and if you have media recorded on the phone the file should be recorded on the card...if we cannot rely on this we have to choose different piece of tech.
DJI cannot have blank trust card...they also have responsibility to sell reliable piece of tech...I do not ask for much just simple honest answer...how often Spark have problem with recording video? perhaps it is big problem and recall is necessary?

Does the red button turn grey in mid shooting? Does it seem to be buffering?
2018-6-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-29 18:15
Does the red button turn grey in mid shooting? Does it seem to be buffering?

No... all did look like is recording...is just missing on the card...and not just one clip  all the video and photos from that day...all gone not even temp files like it never happen....but I do have the videos and photos on the phone...naturally in low res...if this is just me  than this Spark is a lemon and I will need replacement...if happen to others.... than  what exactly happen?
I'm shipping the unit to DJI...but the idea you can shoot and end up with blank card is totally frighting...I lost a client and client lost video from one of the life time event.....if you cannot trust the red light indicator and running  timer  than how you can use it? ....
2018-7-4
Use props
MartyTravelsTheWorld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Indonesia

Don't want to be rude, but how can you buy a fake SD card nowadays? I always buy the same manufacturer since years via different channels and I didn't have a single non-performer, yet.

I even bought 2 in hongkong from a street vendor kind of place which are decent.

If you are in the western world and you do what you do professional, you can't have a fake SD card unless you are stupid.

Since this is probably not the case your SD card is broken or your Spark is broken.

There is one more possibility: If you have a Sandisk they have build in security measures to prevent data loss if something goes wrong with the card and it will switch itself into write protection mode. Any device will write to the card (at least it appears that way) but it doesn't. If this is the case you have to send the SD card to the manufacturer for a replace.

But since I don't know what kind of SD card you have it's just speculation. But loosing a client through such an error is embarrassing and absolutely f*cked up because you just don't know what happened.

On the other hand, not DJI fault, just very bad luck.
2018-7-4
Use props
MartyTravelsTheWorld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Indonesia

Oh wow, how arrogant am I :-) Just 20 minutes I pop the SD card of my phone into my Spark. One of those I bought in Hongkong.

I started taking a nice shot and noticed afterwards that I was not filming, lol. There was a little notification "slow writing speed". Guess it's not an original SD card after all...
2018-7-5
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2

MartyTravelsTheWorld Posted at 2018-7-5 01:39
Oh wow, how arrogant am I :-) Just 20 minutes I pop the SD card of my phone into my Spark. One of those I bought in Hongkong.

I started taking a nice shot and noticed afterwards that I was not filming, lol. There was a little notification "slow writing speed". Guess it's not an original SD card after all...

Yes the card issue on spark is a big problem but I was dealing with that a month ego...since then I did find the card working perfectly...it was working great...before and after...so pointing to the card is not fair...not all the problems can be blame on user or third party....I personally believe if the card is such a monster perhaps DJI can Create Stress Test on the DJI 4 app...to help with the issues....but in my case all the indicators was showing all is good ...but was not....so perhaps is a Lemon....but only DJI know if this is happen before.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules