Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini Shuts Off Mid Flight
818 7 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft

I was just out flying in the 90 degree heat of Massachusetts and my iPad Mini 4 overheated and eventially shut down. When it cooled a little I turn it back on, but I could not reconnect to the v2. The v2 stil flew great, but only in the P-mode even when I switch to the S-mode or Atti-mode. My question you all, is there any way to reconnect the to the DJi 4 go App while still in flight?

2018-6-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI GO app should have auto reconnected after you restarted your iPad Mini and launched DJI GO.

For flying in hot weather, it'll help if you fly in the shade and remove your iPad Mini from its case (if you're using a case).
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with the app while running on your iPad Mini 4, can you remember if there's an open application (s) while on that flight?  
2018-6-29
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Tablet computers were never designed to be super computers. Flying puts the processing resources to their maximum level, full time, so the heat generated by that full-out CPU usage is going to be more than the tablet was designed to dissipate.
2018-6-29
Use props
ATJ
Captain

msinger Posted at 2018-6-29 11:31
The DJI GO app should have auto reconnected after you restarted your iPad Mini and launched DJI GO.

For flying in hot weather, it'll help if you fly in the shade and remove your iPad Mini from its case (if you're using a case).

The Mini was in total shutdown, which cleared all apps from memory. I had to power on the Mini and restart the DJi app.
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly its an apple thing, heard of many shutting down due to heat exhaustion
2018-6-29
Use props
ATJ
Captain

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-29 21:03
Sadly its an apple thing, heard of many shutting down due to heat exhaustion

Is it possible to safely turn off , then turn on you RC when the copter is in flight?
2018-6-30
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-30 05:07
Is it possible to safely turn off , then turn on you RC when the copter is in flight?

No different from it losing contact...
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules