Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't Connect P4P V2.0 to DJI Assistant 2 [SOLVED]
2802 5 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

For some reason I can't get my P4P V2.0 to connect to the DJI Asssistant 2 app. I am using Mac OSX 10.12.6.
No error messages or anything to report.

Using DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.4

Any ideas?

2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, iamjustjohn.

I am sorry that you are having troubles connecting your Drone to the DJI Assistant 2 on your Mac. Let's try to download the DJI Assistant for Phantom 4 Pro Ver 2.0 you can check this link for the latest software version ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads ). See picture below of the file we need to download.

Thank you.
2018-6-29
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

I have figured it out.

It appears that when I initially downloaded the Assistant 2 app from the download page I was downloading the incorrect version.

I went to the P4P V2.0 DJI page and under downloads I was able to find and download the correct Assistant 2 program.

I am now able to successfully connect my P4P V2.0 to my computer.
2018-6-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-29 13:09
I have figured it out.

It appears that when I initially downloaded the Assistant 2 app from the download page I was downloading the incorrect version.

Why do you need to connect your drone with that software?
Do you need to calibrate the VPS or do you want to play with the simulator?

I keep repeating myself (in various threads) because that software is a multiplier for potential problems.
Lot's of people are having problems with it since they think it's needed for updates.

All updates or determination of firmware versions can be done via the Go4 app.
And with the Assistant 2 for P4P v2 you cant even hack your drone anymore ;-)

So what is it good for?

2018-6-29
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-29 16:11
Why do you need to connect your drone with that software?
Do you need to calibrate the VPS or do you want to play with the simulator?

From what I was reading the preferred way was with the Assistant app. It also looks like you can roll back and refresh Firmware if needed using the Assistant app. You can’t do this in the DJI GO 4 App.

I ultimately used the DJI 4 GO app to update my P4P V2.0’s Firware anyway. The process eemed flawless and worked well.
2018-6-29
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

I thought the same thing, from all that I've read on the forum, that the preferred update source was using Assistant 2. So I downloaded it. I didn't install one driver during the process, was only in Chinese and couldn't understand what the driver was for.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules