Mavic Air compatibility with CrystalSky
5821 13 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nagypablo
lvl.1
United States

Hello all-I am a newbie to this whole scene.  Just bought a Mavic Air and loving it.  I live in Florida so I’m looking for an elegant solution to the whole screen brightness problem.  Ideally, I’d like to get the larger CrystalSky monitors, either the Bright or UB.  However, the search results on this Forum have me a little cautious.  Can anyone confirm whether the Mavic Air can run smoothly with these monitors given the most recent update to CrystalSky?  Can I use the Go4 app with it or will there be limitations?

The whole mounting issue seems to have been solved by MavMount and PolarPro.

I really don’t want to deal with a sunshade and iPhone/ipad if possible.

Thanks!
2018-6-29
Use props
trivan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17533 ft
United States

I have a MA with the 5.5 CS. No issues using it together yet, but  I haven’t put too many hours on it but it works.
2018-6-29
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

So I wonder is it compatible with the MavicAir and how does it work? As per the DJI website the Mavic Air is not listed, so no support. On the other side heres a video from polar pro and even they use it with the Mavic Air... What is correct?

2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Then DJI must have forgotten to update the list. I own a 7.85 Crystalsky High Brightness since last year already and after using it with my former Spark, I now use it for flying the Mavic Air. It works perfectly with Mavic Air. From my experience the High Brightness version is largely sufficient and the have been or still are some issues with the Ultra Brightness version. Better read it yourself in the CrystalSky section of this forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... r=typeid&typeid=463
CrystalSky has a special (optimised) version of DJI GO 4 that is embedded in the firmware. Therefore GO 4 updates always take a bit longer before they become available but it works very well.
2018-6-30
Use props
Nagypablo
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-30 05:37
Then DJI must have forgotten to update the list. I own a 7.85 Crystalsky High Brightness since last year already and after using it with my former Spark, I now use it for flying the Mavic Air. It works perfectly with Mavic Air. From my experience the High Brightness version is largely sufficient and the have been or still are some issues with the Ultra Brightness version. Better read it yourself in the CrystalSky section of this forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... r=typeid&typeid=463
CrystalSky has a special (optimised) version of DJI GO 4 that is embedded in the firmware. Therefore GO 4 updates always take a bit longer before they become available but it works very well.

Music to my ears.  Thanks all for the replies.  I think I'll go with the HB model with all the issues surrounding UB.  Saves me a few bucks as well.
2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Nagypablo Posted at 2018-6-30 09:16
Music to my ears.  Thanks all for the replies.  I think I'll go with the HB model with all the issues surrounding UB.  Saves me a few bucks as well.

You are welcome and I can say honestly that I have never regretted the purchase. There is an excellent CrystalSky mount available from Polar Pro and a cheaper model that you can easily find on Amazon. And don't forget that you need to buy the charger and AC cable for CS separately. There is a list with compatible chargers on the DJI website.
2018-6-30
Use props
fans1e2e5a9d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141033 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 6-30 05:37

I can testify to that.  Even on a bright sunny day the High Brightness 7.85" is more than sufficient, and I was put off by the very plentiful reports of faulty operation with the ultra bright model, especially given its price.  My high bright model has been bullet proof over the past year, and the advantage of a crystalsky is the far more stable dedicated Go software and firmware, without also having any of the potentially interfering software on a standard mobile or tablet.  Plus, long battery life is a big bonus too, and hot swapping of battery when you do need a spare.  Love it!
2018-12-11
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a 7.85 CS and it works well with both MA and P4.
2018-12-11
Use props
djiuser_TbpPxeXLjBQo
New

United States

trivan Posted at 2018-6-29 17:44
I have a MA with the 5.5 CS. No issues using it together yet, but  I haven’t put too many hours on it but it works.

So what charger do you use mine didnt come with one
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_TbpPxeXLjBQo
New

United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2018-12-11 20:16

My CS didnt come with charging cable? What do you use
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_TbpPxeXLjBQo
New

United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2018-12-11 20:16

2019-3-29
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_TbpPxeXLjBQo Posted at 3-29 18:25

I have an existing P4 charger which I use with the  CS charging base.  I also have a second third party charger that is a P4 equivalent charger that also works well.  I think the third party one was about $30.

I do some day long rocket things and take both sets of chargers for the day.  I have both 7.85 and the smaller CS units I use with two drones. and 4 batteries.

2019-3-30
Use props
djiuser_M4KzS1qtsMnw
lvl.1

United States

What resolution quality does the Mavic Air provide to the CrysyalSky. I want to use ithe CrystalSky to output via the HDMI but want to check what resolution quality comes into the CrystalSky from the Mavic Air and what it sends out via HDMI. Thx!
2019-4-9
Use props
djiuser_0R86bnRalvBY
New

United States

We bought the Crystal Sky so we could live stream from our Mavic Air.  The software seems to be running normally except we're missing the HDMI output mode option. The HDMI out of the Crystal Sky is just a mirror of the CS screen. Everything seems to work except for the output mode. The menu option is just missing from our software. Software and firmware has all been updated.

Has anyone been able to get a clean feed from the Crystal Sky HDMI output using a Mavic Air?
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules