Here is how to edit 4k Best editing software For non pro ed...
1462 11 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Stop focusing on the tech – Start focusing on the finished product

Hi All

As I am reasonably new to the forum so I apologise if this topic has been covered previously.

Remember these are just my personal preferences.

Kit. Osmo Plus - Mavic Pro Platinum - Editing laptop LENOVO ideapad Y700 256MB SSD internal drive, perfect for the job especially 4k.

On 1080 footage my rendering time improved by up to 2 - 3 times.

Best for 1080 Serif MoviePlus X5 Digital edition - Works on the most basic of machines

Generally for 1080 footage I would use Serif MoviePlus X5 Digital edition, now discontinued so you should be able to pick up a copy for less than £30 on ebay, a real steal!.

I've used Premier, but for the features you really need MoviePlus ticks all the boxes. Outputting in all common formats up to 1080.

Best of all unlimited Audio and Video tracks, a real dream to work with, so that you can concentrate on the final product not the technology.

Pros - A breeze to use, simple fast and cheap

Cons - No 4k in or out.

Did not want to invest thousands of pounds in software/hardware editing kit to edit 4k. As I have done in the past, I started on an Amiga computer. Did amazing things with limited resources. I remember buying in 1989 a 50MB external hard drive the size and weight of a house brick for £500! That's £10 a MB, real bargain but that’s the price we early adopters were willing to pay.

Best for 4k/UHD Wodershare Filmora

Never been too keen downloading software from the web, however this programme is a real delight to use.

A slightly steep learning curve, bust lot's of great tutorials on YouTube.

Doesn't have the multi-tracks that MoviePlus offers, hey but how many do you really need? Imports and edits up to 4096 x 2160 Exports in all formats including 1080.

Now I know people will say but how many people have 4k TV’s? But it’s a growing number and anyway there is definitely a noticeable improvement in quality even when rendered out in 1080. When working on the 4k footage you have the option then to zoom and crop without degradation (within reason).

The software has very easy to use colour grading tools – And the ability to youtube and import Lut’s.  It’s a no brainer...

For 4k You will need to check the spec of your editing device.

System Requirements

·       Supported OS: Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 (64 bit OS)

·       Processor: Intel i3 or better multicore processor, 2GHz or above

·       RAM: At least 3GB physical RAM (8GB required for HD and 4K videos)

·       Disk: At least 2GB free hard-disk space for installation (SSD-Solid State Disk recommended for editing HD and 4K videos)

·       Screen Resolution: 1366*768 or better

·       Internet: Internet connection is necessary for software registration and access to online services like Effects Store

Pros lets you work with your beautiful 4k footage – Lots of ways to improve/enhance your footage – Can output 1080 - Free version to try out before you commit!

Cons – None that have ever stopped me enjoying the process.

Happy Editing Tony

FILMORA LINK
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_LMaDAoa6hwHKBE4Dx56w

2018-6-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

nice one! thanks for sharing!
2018-6-30
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-30 19:45
nice one! thanks for sharing!

Hi I should just add I do use both programmes. If 4k I edit in filmora and export 1080 for final tweaks music eitc in movie plus for final export.
Premier pro only gets used to straighten tilted horizons
2018-7-1
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Thanks for the info.  Will give it a run
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this informative thread!
2018-7-2
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Interesting Tutorial.
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work - thanks for sharing   
2018-7-5
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Nice sharing
2018-7-17
Use props
Jamal N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1757844 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi Guys,

Created some customer DJI LUTs if you wana check them out https://www.jamaln.com/store/
2018-8-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great thread - thanks for sharing   
2018-9-15
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Interesting post, thanks for sharing.
That being said, with those specs, I don't think you'd be able to edit uncompressed 4K files, or even ProRes 422 and the likes.
This is more meant for H.264 codec and using proxy files, especially with a 1366x768 monitor.
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_Bg3j2J3bMAum
New

Pakistan

If you want to outsource your video editing then Vidchops is perfect service to do so for small monthly fee.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules