Who says small drones are dangerous to have flying above the cities?
1177 5 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

In Copenhagen, one of the rescue helicopters from the defense has just lost one of their doors over the city into a backyard for a residential property in a flight. The helicopter was heading to the hospital with a patient they just had pulled out of the water. Fortunately, no one has been hit.

The article can be read with Google translate. Choose Danish as the original language.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/heli ... -koebenhavn/7218074

Regards Leif.

2018-6-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I understand the point you are making, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. It is still an unessessary danger to fly a drone over people, built up areas and vehicles/ships. We don't have to fly there. The rescue helicopter probably had to, to save a life. The door falling will be a serious concern for all involved, so it isn't relevant to your point.
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-6-30 10:10
I understand the point you are making, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. It is still an unessessary danger to fly a drone over people, built up areas and vehicles/ships. We don't have to fly there. The rescue helicopter probably had to, to save a life. The door falling will be a serious concern for all involved, so it isn't relevant to your point.

You have a vivid imagination because what you now blame me for was not my point. There are two things in it my writing.

1. The news that a helicopter lost a door over our capital.

2. I do not see any problem in flying a small drones in built-up areas, just not being flown over people,  buildings, cars/roads, and other sensitive areas.

A small drone is in my eyes one that weighs less than 250 grams and slowly flying. This is of course something a country's governments have to decide if ....................   ;-)

And unfortunately died the man who was in the helicopter.  R.I.P.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 11:25
You have a vivid imagination because what you now blame me for was not my point. There are two things in it my writing.

1. The news that a helicopter lost a door over our capital.

2. I do not see any problem in flying a small drones in built-up areas, just not being flown over people,  buildings, cars/roads, and other sensitive areas.

How can you fly a drone in a built up area if there are no people cars buildings or roads. Surely this would be called a rural or desolate area ?
2018-6-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Seems I have misinterpreted the meaning of the title" Who says small drones are dangerous to have flying above the cities?". I took the point to be that small drones are regulated and excluded, but helicopters can drop doors...

I apologise for that mistake.
You didn't give any clue originally about size/weight. However, I still believe it is a bad idea for drones of any appreciable weight, above a few ounces, to fly over built up areas. But that is just my view and I don't do it. That is not to say you or anyone else shouldn't either.

Sad about the patient.
Hope we are square on it now?
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-6-30 11:45
Seems I have misinterpreted the meaning of the title" Who says small drones are dangerous to have flying above the cities?". I took the point to be that small drones are regulated and excluded, but helicopters can drop doors...

I apologise for that mistake.

Do not be sorry, I'm not better at English than Google translate can deliver.

Again, it is a question of how the surroundings are local. One thing could be that the lawmakers say there should not be flying higher than the average of the surrounding buildings / trees.

I live on the countryside and have lots of free land to fly over and have no interest to flying in a city. I think more about all the young city people who need to learn freedom under responsibility.

Yes, we all see things differently.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules