Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! Mavic in the Lake
865 8 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans251c2bb0
lvl.1
United States

I’m new to drones.  I tried to chase my friend skiing and flew it into a branch and it fell in the water. By the time I got to it out within 10 minutes. I’ve dried it out but I’m scared to take anything apart to dry it more thoroughly. I have put any power to it since removing it from the water. What should I do?

The battery that was in it still turns on and off.

Is it ruined???

Can I return it back to be looked at?
2018-6-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would return it asap and do not fly it again. Whilst it works now the drone is not waterproof and it's anyones guess if water got inside the drone and is starting to corrode the internals. DJI ALWAYS recommend returning the drone after it's been submerged in water for that very reason. If you still have the drone and have care refresh for less than a year then it will be covered but it won't be under the standard warranty as due to pilot error - meaning you'll have to pay for any repairs or a refurb replacement. As for the battery, arrange for it to be disposed of carefully. Lipo's and water are typically a dangerous mix!
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that your DJI Mavic Pro fell in the water. Since this issue happened the best thing you need to do is for you to send the DJI Mavic Pro in for repair. Our DJI Repair Team needs to assess the Drone thoroughly so that we can guarantee that the Drone is safe to fly and all of the Drone functions will work properly. I will post the DJI online repair request link for you to create a ticket for your DJI Mavic Pro ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). Please sync the flight records of the Drone as well using your DJI Go 4 application.
2018-6-30
Use props
fans251c2bb0
lvl.1
United States

Thanks you! This is the first time being on the forum page and look forward to seeing everyone’s photos and learning more about the Mavic and it’s features.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans251c2bb0 Posted at 2018-6-30 11:08
Thanks you! This is the first time being on the forum page and look forward to seeing everyone’s photos and learning more about the Mavic and it’s features.

Thank you and welcome to DJI Forum.
2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

fans251c2bb0 Posted at 2018-6-30 11:08
Thanks you! This is the first time being on the forum page and look forward to seeing everyone’s photos and learning more about the Mavic and it’s features.

I am very sorry forry for you crash but welcome to this great forum! I sincerely hope that you can soon fly again and enjoy this fantastic hobby.
2018-6-30
Use props
sky6105
First Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft

If it was salt water i would say it is gone.
Fresh water you have a chance of drying it out if that's the route you take.
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

ooh sorry to read that buddy
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

by the way welcome to the forum
2018-6-30
Use props