Time Laps is it possible
851 11 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I have a small building going up and would like to hover the drone about 50 feet in one spot, and was wondering is it possible to
do a time laps with the mavic air say every minute or so.
I need to help on this build so I can't be there snapping shots only to change batteries.

Thanks for any input.

Rudy
2018-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes you can, just go to photo in camera settings , and then timed shot, you can then select from many options how often you want to take timed shot. IE every 2s,3s,5, all the way to 60s,  so it’s just a matter of putting the drone up where you want it set the timed shot. Just be careful regarding battery time.
Good Luck..
2018-6-30
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

Wow, Thank You very much I didnt know it was there.
If the battery does go low it should still land correct plus all the warning.
2018-6-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yes this is a great way to do it.  In post be sure to use warp stabilizer as it will align up the photos better which cuts down on the movement you typically get.  
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

yes it is possible
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-30 16:46
Yes this is a great way to do it.  In post be sure to use warp stabilizer as it will align up the photos better which cuts down on the movement you typically get.

this is good information.  What is a warp stabilizer?  
2018-6-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-30 18:16
this is good information.  What is a warp stabilizer?

It is an effect you can use in Adobe Premiere what it does it takes the images and makes them more inline/ not as bumpy if you will but aligns them to a more stable time lapse.  If you do not use then will notice more bumpy movement in the lapse.  
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-30 18:29
It is an effect you can use in Adobe Premiere what it does it takes the images and makes them more inline/ not as bumpy if you will but aligns them to a more stable time lapse.  If you do not use then will notice more bumpy movement in the lapse.

I just got FCPX.  Haven't even installed it yet.  I hope it has a similar feature.  I'm a complete novice when it comes to video editing.  That's the reason i've only edited 2 videos. I've got a few GBs of video to go through and to edit together.  
2018-6-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-30 18:34
I just got FCPX.  Haven't even installed it yet.  I hope it has a similar feature.  I'm a complete novice when it comes to video editing.  That's the reason i've only edited 2 videos. I've got a few GBs of video to go through and to edit together.

That is good software I am sure it has a similar feature but cannot say for sure.  I have only used Adobe Premiere for lapses.  
2018-6-30
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Yes, I have done a few timelapses with my mavic air and it is a treat to do. Another tip is that turning on tripod mode will help stabilize the aircraft a little bit more, though keep in mind high winds can make it a little sketchy.

Fly Safe

Alpha
2018-6-30
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

Thanks all for the great help.
This forum is a great source of information.

Thank You
Rudy
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-30 18:34
I just got FCPX.  Haven't even installed it yet.  I hope it has a similar feature.  I'm a complete novice when it comes to video editing.  That's the reason i've only edited 2 videos. I've got a few GBs of video to go through and to edit together.

There are many stabilization features in FCPX , it’s a pretty simple program to use of the bat, but has some very professional features , and although for myself who is not very technically gifted like some, I have found it to be quite easy, I have just embarked on trying to use Motion at $50 once off payment it is the best app money can buy and works great with FCPX .
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules