5 Ideas: How never to get board with your drone
2572 24 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

So, I know a few people who had/have a DJI drone, they really enjoyed having it for the first few months, but after having it for a while most people start using the drone more as a tool and don't enjoy it as much anymore. Of course some people just use a drone for comercial purposes and don't care if it's fun or not, but for those who bought a drone for recreational purposes and/or hobby photography and video making and are running out of ideas, for them I have writen this list of ideas and suggestions:

1. Don't just fly high, lower your altitude, you can take many great videos by moving a few feet above the ground/water.

2. Add perspective to your photos, even at high altitude there are clouds and other factors that you can use to make your photos more interesting. Also it is very fun to fly through thick clouds, but don't forget to keep your drone in sight.

3. Explore the settings, DJI drones have many great automatic flight settings that many people just ignore.

4. Take pictures of animals, don't fly too close, but you can get many great photos from a distance. A flock of geese taking off, deer running accros a field, and many more.

5. Stay creative! Don't stop inventing new ways to use your drone. Read more articles like this one. Be careful but not so carful that you don't have the fun that you can have with your DJI drone.

Enjoy your drone!

2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice post thanks for sharing!
2018-6-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the more features your drone has the less likely you will get bored, although it's not entirely true since I haven't gotten bored with my Spark. For another less equipped non-DJI drone, yes I'd get bored but for my DJI drones, no I charge them every night and love to fly them.
2018-6-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Bored Flying
2018-6-30
Use props
George Petrineanu
New

Sweden

Very smart and useful! It was nice to remind, because there are always risks that new technologies kills the beauty and creativity.
2018-6-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good points - vary the flight locations and learn new ways to fly. I also fund trading in my drones helps too.
2018-7-1
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-1 01:07
Good points - vary the flight locations and learn new ways to fly. I also fund trading in my drones helps too.

Where do you trade drones?
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mkurr Posted at 2018-7-6 07:14
Where do you trade drones?

I just buy them new, get bored and sell um' on Ebay.
2018-7-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for the tips.

2018-7-6
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 07:20
I just buy them new, get bored and sell um' on Ebay.

Do they sell quickly?
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mkurr Posted at 2018-7-6 12:12
Do they sell quickly?

My MPP sold in 4 days and I got £1100 for it though it did include a number of accessories. Be careful to arrange payment via PayPal and call them to ensure the funds are legit before releasing the drone (don't trust emails) - there is a lot of fraud out there. If you arrange to meet for the buyer to check over the product then do so in a busy public place.
2018-7-6
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 12:14
My MPP sold in 4 days and I got £1100 for it  though it did include a number of accessories. Be careful to arrange payment via PayPal and call them to ensure the funds are legit before releasing the drone (don't trust emails) - there is a lot of fraud out there. If you arrange to meet for the buyer to check over the product then do so in a busy public place.

Yep, I sell on ebay so I know......
2018-7-6
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 12:14
My MPP sold in 4 days and I got £1100 for it  though it did include a number of accessories. Be careful to arrange payment via PayPal and call them to ensure the funds are legit before releasing the drone (don't trust emails) - there is a lot of fraud out there. If you arrange to meet for the buyer to check over the product then do so in a busy public place.

So, do you think that I could buy a refurbished MP with a discount now, use it for a year or so, and then sell it on Ebay for $900?
2018-7-6
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Great tips, thanks!
2018-7-6
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United Kingdom

Also flying is a great excuse for a road trip.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mkurr Posted at 2018-7-6 15:32
So, do you think that I could buy a refurbished MP with a discount now, use it for a year or so, and then sell it on Ebay for $900?

Yes you could do that but how much you sell it for in 12 months time will be very subjective - I doubt you'd get $900 at that time given the launch of new models - I sold mine when they were still the latest models to maximise my return. I suspect you'd get around $500 next year if you're lucky.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-7 00:04
Yes you could do that but how much you sell it for in 12 months time will be very subjective - I doubt you'd get $900 at that time given the launch of new models - I sold mine when they were still the latest models to maximise my return. I suspect you'd get around $500 next year if you're lucky.

Hmm, so maybe I should wait and buy then for about $600......
2018-7-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Really nice tips here.
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mkurr Posted at 2018-7-7 05:21
Hmm, so maybe I should wait and buy then for about $600......

You could get one second hand now for far less than the RRP - but again, you need to be careful that it is genuine and not broken. A number are sold second hand that have been in recovered crashes etc so keep your wits about you.
2018-7-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I think the biggest thing to keep you going is flying new areas and also trying different things.  For example doing different kinds of panos.  Also trying different kinds of shots.   If you only try horizontal shots try vertical shots.  Also try different kinds of shots all together like long exposure shots.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-7 05:31
I think the biggest thing to keep you going is flying new areas and also trying different things.  For example doing different kinds of panos.  Also trying different kinds of shots.   If you only try horizontal shots try vertical shots.  Also try different kinds of shots all together like long exposure shots.

I agree. Always experiment.
2018-7-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Low is cool.  I have a low shot where the drone settles in tall grass still flying.  The grass pops up to block the horse and he looks as the blades start cutting grass/seed stalks.  But the GIF wound up too big.
A Spark Drop 4.gif
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-7 09:56
Low is cool.  I have a low shot where the drone settles in tall grass still flying.  The grass pops up to block the horse and he looks as the blades start cutting grass/seed stalks.  But the GIF wound up too big.

Is orange on horse's legs and tail, insecticide to keep flys, ticks, knats away?
Or is this a marker flag horse?  Position horse over area to be excavated, and say: Stay horsey, stay.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-7 10:45
Is orange on horse's legs and tail, insecticide to keep flys, ticks, knats away?
Or is this a marker flag horse?  Position horse over area to be excavated, and say: Stay horsey, stay.

Orange socks to keeps flies away.  Otherwise they stomp their feet a lot and can damage the hoof.
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-7 13:58
Orange socks to keeps flies away.  Otherwise they stomp their feet a lot and can damage the hoof.

I will have to get a pair of orange socks and see if it works for humans too.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules