Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My first spark crash
902 16 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smark
Captain
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Uhg! I am soooooo stupid. I simply underestimated the stopping distance needed for sport mode. So many ways I could have avoided this. One of the arms is damaged, but it still flies. Going for a glue repair and hoping for the best.
Sorry, all. Just had to vent.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. I am sorry to know that your DJI Spark crashed. Since this crash happened it is best to send the DJI Spark in for repair so that our DJI repair team will be able to assess the Drone completely for safety purposes. I will be posting the DJI online repair request link for you to create a ticket for your DJI Spark.

www.dji.com/support
2018-6-30
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

If you are a bit Technical why don't you try to buy a Bottom Chasis ? So cheap on Ebay.
2018-6-30
Use props
Harry Moman

Australia

DMX-MT i have done as you suggested , but let it be known it is a big job....
2018-7-1
Use props
Flighty
Captain
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Luv flying in Sports Mode,, but very aware of the stopping distance and objects in the flight path. Have already had a few unintentional visits into some trees...
2018-7-1
Use props
Smark
Captain
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-30 14:47
If you are a bit Technical why don't you try to buy a Bottom Chasis ? So cheap on Ebay.

I am definitely considering it. Need to watch some youtube videos on the procedure.
2018-7-1
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Smark Posted at 2018-7-1 02:17
I am definitely considering it. Need to watch some youtube videos on the procedure.

I wish you best of luck, follow some Youtube Tutorials and work patiently, don't rush.
2018-7-1
Use props
JimFandango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Good luck....feel free to vent anytime! I'd feel the same way if I did something similar.....
2018-7-2
Use props
AC5FF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Had my first crash this weekend as well.  Was 'teasing' the neighbor's dog.  Flying around their deck while the dog jumped/chased/barked.  I was outside the deck and the avoidance system wouldn't let me get close.   So put it into sport mode and slowly approached the deck.  Dog was going nuts.  (BTW: neighbors were out on deck and we were all laughing).  I'd back off, quickly raise up then down and slowly approach again.   After a few times I hit the sticks a little harder than I wanted to and ran right into the deck.
No damage - other than to my pride - thankfully.  Was only a 3' drop to soft grass below.  
Lessons learned...
2018-7-2
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Captain
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Sorry to hear that!
The drone gets really frisky in Sport mode.
Personaly I only use it to cover distances. I use it to get faster to the subject then I turn it off. I also turn the sport mode off to land.

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-2 07:02
Had my first crash this weekend as well.  Was 'teasing' the neighbor's dog.  Flying around their deck while the dog jumped/chased/barked.  I was outside the deck and the avoidance system wouldn't let me get close.   So put it into sport mode and slowly approached the deck.  Dog was going nuts.  (BTW: neighbors were out on deck and we were all laughing).  I'd back off, quickly raise up then down and slowly approach again.   After a few times I hit the sticks a little harder than I wanted to and ran right into the deck.
No damage - other than to my pride - thankfully.  Was only a 3' drop to soft grass below.  
Lessons learned... [view_image]

Hi, in any case, that you encountered a problem with your aircraft due to that incident, you can send it into our facility for further evaluation. Thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
AC5FF
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-2 10:16
Hi, in any case, that you encountered a problem with your aircraft due to that incident, you can send it into our facility for further evaluation. Thank you.

Thanks Tony

I checked over the craft and other than a minor scratch by the motor mount it all looked good.  Re-launched and flew low and slow around the yard watching for any other signs of issues.  None were apparent.  I've had another half dozen flights since then with no issues - so I'm counting myself lucky.
2018-7-2
Use props
AC5FF
Second Officer
United States

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-2 09:53
Sorry to hear that!
The drone gets really frisky in Sport mode.
Personaly I only use it to cover distances. I use it to get faster to the subject then I turn it off. I also turn the sport mode off to land.

Yes, I do the same.  In this situation I only went to Sports mode so I could get closer to the deck to see what the dog would do.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-2 13:37
Thanks Tony

I checked over the craft and other than a minor scratch by the motor mount it all looked good.  Re-launched and flew low and slow around the yard watching for any other signs of issues.  None were apparent.  I've had another half dozen flights since then with no issues - so I'm counting myself lucky.

That's glad to know, kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-2 13:52
That's glad to know, kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.

why are you not getting back to me?
2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

Smark Posted at 2018-7-1 02:17
I am definitely considering it. Need to watch some youtube videos on the procedure.

sometimes the body can be repaired. what if the same thing happens again?
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-2 14:39
why are you not getting back to me?

Hi, I already respond to your concern, kindly see the thread below.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1438678
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules