Which Pilot app is more stable, Apple or Android?
1516 11 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

I've been using my android phone which isn't a very big screen, but haven't had an issue at all. My kids got an ipad mini today, wondering if I should use it. I feel like I've heard a lot of complaints on the apple side? Thoughts? Thanks!

2015-5-18
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Oh! Definitely the Android app on the Nvidea Shield.  ( sorry could not resist )
I view the Inspire Forum and see what has been going there.  They have had there birds for a lot longer.
2015-5-19
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

clkilljoy1@nets Posted at 2015-5-20 01:07
Oh! Definitely the Android app on the Nvidea Shield.  ( sorry could not resist )
I view the Inspire ...

Kind of what I thought. I'll stick with the smaller phone and picture for the stability Thanks!
2015-5-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

the opposite is the case, android seems to be more affected from the disconnect problem and the iOSD app has more functions
2015-5-19
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-20 04:12
the opposite is the case, android seems to be more affected from the disconnect problem and the iOSD ...

Nexus 7 running strong, just missing the overexposure zebras in Android
want to go shield 2 or mini 2 cant decide yet
2015-5-19
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jayson Posted at 2015-5-20 08:32
Nexus 7 running strong, just missing the overexposure zebras in Android
want to go shield 2 or m ...

I'd like to have the overexposure zebras as well. You can help by turning on the histogram. Learn how to use it and you can make exposure settings fairly quickly.
2015-5-19
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 08:49
I'd like to have the overexposure zebras as well. You can help by turning on the histogram. Learn  ...

I just looked for the histogram and couldn't find it. Where is it? Thanks!
2015-5-19
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

the opposite is the case, android seems to be more affected from the disconnect problem and the iOSD ...

I haven't flown more than 200' away from me yet, because I just want to make sure she's good to go. I haven't had one disconnect yet. Maybe I need to go farther?
2015-5-19
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-20 09:08

I'm not "hooked up" at the moment, but I think it's in the camera settings. It works the same way in the Pilot app as it does in most cameras I've seen that have the capability. The name of the game is to "fill up" the display - if you don't get enough "fill" the picture will be underexposed and need brightening. If you get too much, the picture will get washed out - overexposed.

I'm very much an amateur photographer, but I think the idea is to use the histogram to "balance" how much light you're letting in. I think once you've used the histogram a few times it gets easier to understand what you should be doing.

On both P3 models, you can't change the f-stop, but you can alter the ISO and the shutter speed. Between the two of them, they can be very effective at helping set up the proper exposure settings.
2015-5-20
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-20 09:08

Open the camera settings - toward the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

When the window opens, look near the bottom of that just-opened window and click on "MORE" and you should see one of the options - with a slider button - to turn histogram on.
2015-5-20
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

according to this survey;

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15176-1-1.html

Android disconnections 56%
iOS disconnections  46%

I actually think it's got nothing to do with which App platform you are using.  I've tried the Shield and the iPad Mini and since turning off WiFi I've had no disconnections on either.  

2015-5-20
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I have had a couple force closes of the pilot app on my Samsung galaxy note 3 which is android but the app opened right back up and connected right away, the note 3 is on dji's list of recommended devices..  But my iPad mini 2 I haven't had not one issue..  I always make sure I tap the home button on my iPad twice to bring up the task manager and I swipe each thing up to close the apps...  That way the pilot app is the only thing running on my mini 2..  That way full resources are available for the pilot app..  I do the same thing on my android device
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules