Mavic Air "circle" quickshot not working right
5581 16 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvazquez09
lvl.1

Hello, I have been having an issue with my Mavic Air specifically when using the "circle" quickshot.

Instead of doing a full circle the drone basically slingshots into whatever its locked on to (almost running into it while at it).

You can see an example in the below video. At about 30 seconds in it stops doing a perfect circle and starts moving in very close to the tower. This has happened to me a few times now.

Anyone ever have this happen / know whats going on? Thanks!

2018-6-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not surprised looking at what you're circling around lol - do you know about wifi interference?
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s probably a poor example to give. Yes it looks like a problem with circle mode, but if you break it down, we don’t know what interference is admitting from this tower whether it is having a direct effect on your drone, we do know that there is no known problem with circle mode , so if you take this into account then the tower could well be the source of your problems, try checking and testing in a more suitable location.

Most problems and causes of crashes have something to do with the environment we fly in.

2018-7-1
Use props
bvazquez09
lvl.1

yea i guess thats fair. I had the problem once before just flying in a park but I will give it another shot in open air and see if i have any problems.

Guess i just need to be more aware of the environment I am flying in.

thanks for the responses.
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bvazquez09 Posted at 2018-7-1 02:00
yea i guess thats fair. I had the problem once before just flying in a park but I will give it another shot in open air and see if i have any problems.

No problem, just check it out somewhere safe to make sure your happy, it should make a perfect circle.
2018-7-1
Use props
Kamal Nor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

At least yours way better than mine. I can't even get 30 secs... within 10 secs then it started to act weird flying towards the object. And my object is not a tower but mostly a small island or a big tree. I noticed it happened if I draw the box too big. But if the box is too small it will fly further away from the object. Does anyone have a solution for this?.

Thank you in advance
2018-7-29
Use props
aronzsigmond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155187 ft
Hungary

hi guys,

have you managed to solve this issue? i'm experiencing the same problem, whether i'm trying to make a circle or a helix. i've tried circling different objects in different light conditions, but always the same result: my drone starts to speed towards the object.

thanks for any help!
2018-12-2
Use props
Guille8787
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
Brazil

Hi guys! I´m having the same problem with my Air. It doesn´t go smoothly when I use the Circle quickshot. Apart from that, it sometimes goes too close to the object I´m circling.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
2019-1-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

KEEP AWAY FROM THEM TOWERS!  I learnt the hard way
2019-1-11
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

You can always try to make a manual circle keeping both sticks outside or inside

2019-1-11
Use props
Phillip_Boucher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416083 ft
Sweden

I am having the same problem with the Mavic 2 zoom.
2 times today tried flying around a building and both times did the same thing slingshot into the subject.

P.s. not an radio tower in sight on this one, just a screwed up circle mode.
2019-5-5
Use props
TheyCallMeGeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58570 ft
United States

Has anyone found an answer to this yet? I have the Mvic Pro 2 and it is doing the same. I use it for real estate shots and circle was always a lifesaver. No radio towers or interference and have tried at about 6 different home in different areas. It seems like the helix and the circle are almost the same mode (neither doing a circle)
2019-6-8
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bvazquez09 Posted at 2018-7-1 02:00
yea i guess thats fair. I had the problem once before just flying in a park but I will give it another shot in open air and see if i have any problems.

You're welcome
2019-6-8
Use props
Carl - Essex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21726 ft
United Kingdom

Did anyone sort the issue out? My Mavic Pro 2 is doing it on Circle and Helix?
2019-11-30
Use props
Carl - Essex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21726 ft
United Kingdom

TheyCallMeGeek Posted at 6-8 11:58
Has anyone found an answer to this yet? I have the Mvic Pro 2 and it is doing the same. I use it for real estate shots and circle was always a lifesaver. No radio towers or interference and have tried at about 6 different home in different areas. It seems like the helix and the circle are almost the same mode (neither doing a circle)

Did you ever sort this problem out? Here’s hoping!
2019-11-30
Use props
Miremare2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24117 ft

United Kingdom

Hello

Ive had the same issue with mavic mini mark 1.
I field tested along a mavic air 2.
All the objects the mini failed at , the mavic air 2 succeeded.
Ive tried smaller distances , its as though when you select the target area with the mini it does not register .
Ive tried statues, land based objects , objects over water.
How every carefully I set up the mini. It fails.
I’m using the same mobile device when I do both.

Circle mode is the one the mini cannot do.
It sometimes does a left to right sweep.
Some times does something like boomerang nearly crashing into object

I’d written the mini off because of this .
It’s a shame but it just doesn’t seem capable.
2021-1-26
Use props
harleylunar
New
Indonesia

im also having this problem with my mavic pro2, any solutions ?? .. its got nothing to do with the object im circling .. this happens every time, even when circling a boat in the deep sea, VERY annoying
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules