Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Refurbished batteries
4920 8 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pbranco
lvl.1
Spain

Hi all,

I've recently spotted some batteries for the Spark being sold on ebay quite cheaply. These were marked as refurbished and coming from China.
I've ordered two and got them a couple days ago. They work flawlessly, no visual damage and I get the same flight times as I get with batteries bought straight from major retailers. I've got these results consistenly after 4 full charges and used until 10%. I've compared them side by side and they look proper genuine batteries, only difference being two letters - FN - stamped on the front. Other than that they work and look exactly as a legit battery. I'm saying this just because they were quite cheap (£60 for 2 batteries) and I was expecting some kind of knock off or clone. The other thing I noticed was that on the app, when I check the battery stats, the serial number comes up blank, but when I used them first time got the notification that a device needed registering with DJI and that seemed to go well.
I would like your opinion on these and if anyone has purchased these kind of batteries before. Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the FN letters might mean. I've emailed the seller yesterday to ask, but still waiting for the reply.
Thanks.

2018-7-1
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi,

I remember having a look at these az AliExpress, but in the end I decided to stay safe and order genuine ones.

If you are not in a hurry and keep you reyes open, you can get good deals on these every now and then.

I'd be interested in the reply myself too though.
2018-7-1
Use props
Pbranco
lvl.1
Spain

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-1 02:45
Hi,

I remember having a look at these az AliExpress, but in the end I decided to stay safe and order genuine ones.

Yes, that was it, I'm about to go on holiday and wanted to get two more batteries, otherwise I guess I would have waited. Still, don't think I would ever get them as cheap as these.
Anyways, my plan it to use these batteries for "safer" flights. By safer I mean low altitude and in sports mode in very wide spaces, as I very much enjoy flying my Spark fast and doing quick maneuvers. If the batteries prove themselves reliable in the long term, then I might consider using them for other type of flight. Regardless, I would like other opinions.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for this information. Just a reminder for safe flying. Please purchase genuine DJI accessories for your Drone for compatibility and safety purposes.
2018-7-1
Use props
Pbranco
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-1 07:33
Hi. Thank you for this information. Just a reminder for safe flying. Please purchase genuine DJI accessories for your Drone for compatibility and safety purposes.

Thanks for your reply. The intention of my post was to understand in fact if these are genuine DJI batteries or not, because they are in fact advertised like that in the ebay listing. The seller states that, and I quote, the batteries come "From DJI offical after-sale store with sealed package."
In fact the batteries come in original package just like other DJI batteries I've purchased directly from big retailers, it comes complete with manual, protective stickers, everything.  Only difference to them is these FN letters stamped on their bodies which I'm trying to understand what it means. I was hoping I could get some clarification directly from DJI. I don't want to be faced with a situation for instance of a fly way, just to then have DJI saying nothing can be done about using as an excuse the fact that I'm using a refurbished battery that is in fact sold by DJI to other retailers for them to resale (according to ebay listing).
I've added the link for the exact ebay listing I'm talking about. There's many more being sold on ebay for similar prices. I would like some clarification on this from DJI if possible. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS- ... :g:WiQAAOSwRyRbA~mt
2018-7-1
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

So DJI are you considering these counterfeit?
2018-7-2
Use props
Pbranco
lvl.1
Spain

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-2 10:00
So DJI are you considering these counterfeit?

Just an update on email received from seller. Unfortunatly the english is poor and doesn't really explain much. I really would like a clarification from DJI, or anyone else really,  on the origin of these batteries if possible. The FN on the batteries' case is not a sticker or anything like that. It's actually printed on the battery case and looks lime something that would come like this out of a factory.

"Hi dear,
Thanks for your getting back so much.
1.pls kindly note that this battery is manufactured refurbished as our description.
it is more than 90% new from DJI after-sale store.so the series number is unavailable.hope you understand.
2.FN mark this battery is refurbished.
"
2018-7-6
Use props
Pbranco
lvl.1
Spain

Just to add, I have now even weighted the batteries and they weight exactly the same as the ones that came with my Spark. As mentioned before these come 100% like the others, box, protective foam, manual, protective stickers in the back, everything. I can provide the batteries' serial number (the number on the little sticker containing a QR code) if this would help finding the origin of these batteries.
2018-7-6
Use props
cluster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57904 ft
United Kingdom

Pbranco Posted at 7-6 10:25
Just to add, I have now even weighted the batteries and they weight exactly the same as the ones that came with my Spark. As mentioned before these come 100% like the others, box, protective foam, manual, protective stickers in the back, everything. I can provide the batteries' serial number (the number on the little sticker containing a QR code) if this would help finding the origin of these batteries.

Hi all, I was wondering about these batteries too as I’ve found what I believe to be the same batteries for £30, I normally get mine from argos at £55 so being able to get two batteries for £60 is a huge saving, but I would only do so if they are 100% official dji batteries..
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules