1081 6 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was a little surprised that my new flying machine would not let me use a 5.8Ghz frequency between the controller and the drone especially when my Mavic Air tends to default to 5.8Ghz over 2.4Ghz
Anyway, emailed DJI support just to check and they say

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support

We understand that you are having a concern regarding your aircraft, no worries we are here to assist you.

Regarding your concern, a setting of 2.4Ghz is in accordance to the required frequencies in all European Countries.

We hope for your kind understanding.

It is a shame that on the DJI website under V2.0 specs that it does not mention that in the whole of the EU 5.8Ghz band will not work with this product.

Our transmit power outside FCC zones is already half and now only one band

Only Supports 2.4G

Only Supports 2.4G
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It's gotta be a bug, i wouldn't take that answer for being reliable, the specs clearly list 5.8GHz also for CE, why would it if not possible to use. But perhaps that is the way they going to solve the goggle issue by making sure 5.8GHz can't be activated. have you applied the updates and if so was it the same before?
It look like you're inside, is it the same when outside and having a clear GPS lock?
Why would you use it anyway, to little radio power and 5.8 are less reliable when an obstacle come between.
2018-7-1
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get the same message in or outdoors on both CrystalSky and their latest Android app on my Tablet. I thought the 5.8 would help in parks surrounded by large numbers of homes but does indeed have a shorter range.
2018-7-1
Use props
ukjames
lvl.1
United Kingdom

IM35461 Posted at 2018-7-1 22:25
I get the same message in or outdoors on both CrystalSky and their latest Android app on my Tablet. I thought the 5.8 would help in parks surrounded by large numbers of homes but does indeed have a shorter range.

page 7 on my new p4p v2 says 2.400-2.483 and 5.725-5.850
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, have you checked this in the open filed? You may test when the GPS signal is good and see whether the issue remains. If yes, please kindly offer the screenshot and About page for further assistance.

Regarding the support issue, may I have your ticket number or email address when you contacted our support? We'd like to investigate and keep improve our technical skills. Appreciate your feedback.
2018-7-12
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-12 23:00
Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, have you checked this in the open filed? You may test when the GPS signal is good and see whether the issue remains. If yes, please kindly offer the screenshot and About page for further assistance.

Regarding the support issue, may I have your ticket number or email address when you contacted our support? We'd like to investigate and keep improve our technical skills. Appreciate your feedback.

My first chance in a few days to try it and I also note the app on my CrystalSky has had two updates in the last week.

Anyway, took it out this morning for flight #13 and found the option could now be set to both (so I did).

All seemed well and went for a precision takeoff using the screen.

Well it went up okay to a normal height but I then noted the picture had gone B&W with the message connection lost (but both signal bars showing full bars) - See screen dump.

Anyway, the controller still worked and as it was only 7 feet away bringing it back and landing was pretty easy.

Turned it all off and back on again and all seems okay (but missed a call from DJI Support).

Tried it again prop free in the garden and noted it had gone back to 2.4 only and on selecting both the signal bars for the controller went to blank (but it let me take photos using the touchscreen).

Tried a couple of my times and then it worked okay (on the ground at least).

Thus I am not too sure how well "both" works?

My other CrystalSky screen dump it says is over the 1000K size limit
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IM35461 Posted at 2018-7-18 03:09
My first chance in a few days to try it and I also note the app on my CrystalSky has had two updates in the last week.

Anyway, took it out this morning for flight #13 and found the option could now be set to both (so I did).

Thanks for getting back to us. For the Aircraft Disconnected, it refers to the connection between the aircraft and RC. If the drone still responded the RC sticks, it might be the misinformation, you may re-plug the USB cable or link RC again to see whether it helps. Also, please kindly adjust the antennas during the flight to ensure the maximum receiving surface.
Regarding the 2.4Ghz/5.8GHz, it is recommended to test in the open field when the GPS signal is strong. You may also switch between Auto and Custom to check the settings.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules