CrystalSky Short Review
1451 8 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>

I don’t have iPhone or iPad mini to connect with my Mavic Pro Platinum, and the only phone I can use is Huawei p9 plus. I was wondering the interference from phone call or social medium message, so I bought the expensive 5.5 inches CrystalSky. Definitely it provides a bright screen and is easy to use. It also prohibits to install any other applications, only allow to access DJI Go and DJI Go 4. It also has the own GSP.  

After used for about 15 times, I found that expensive monitor have several problems, I post here and share with the forum:  

1.      Screen frozen: It happened 3 time of 15 time of flights. Everytime  it becomes normal when you restart.

2.      The edge of CrystalSky is too high, some screen icons are located in the peripheral, so if you use your big fingertip to tap them, you need to tap times. I just wish DJI can update a new version with flat edge, like Samsung smart phone.

3.      The sensitivity of the touch screen is not as good as iPhone. It has a little bit delay (this is not a big problem).

4.      DJI Go 4 not response: When you give a command to the crystalSky, it showed “the Go 4 is not respond, do you want WAIT or Restart?). That’s very weird, especially when you work on video or photos.  

Definitely the price is too high. A 5.5 inches CS is 469 dollar, but a 59 inches Philip 4K smart TV is only 250 dollars. I wish DJI can adjust the price to 200 to 250 for 5.5 inches, 300 to 350 for 6.8 inches. We also need to buy a 69 dollars of Mount bracket. Wish DJI can provide a package which includes the bracket.

2018-7-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

4.      DJI Go 4 not response: When you give a command to the crystalSky, it showed “the Go 4 is not respond, do you want WAIT or Restart?). That’s very weird, especially when you work on video or photos.

Weirder when you factor in, CrystalSky is DJI's own.  They have control over platform.  Not like with iOS or Android where 3rd-Party has control over platform.

2018-7-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

1.      Screen frozen: It happened 3 time of 15 time of flights. Everytime  it becomes normal when you restart.

You may have a bad CrystalSky.  First CrystalSky I got would hang.  Only respond to Long On/Off button push.  There was issues with it not always responding to screen touches too.

2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For the flat edge, I'll forward to our engineers and hope they can consider in the future. Regarding the frozen and response issue, could you refer the below and export the log for analysis?  We'd like to check the status and keep optimizing the user experience.

You can find the Settings> Backup & reset> Copy Crash logs to SD card. Then connect Crystalsky to the computer and turn on USB storage, copy "tombstones.zip" file and send it to us.
2018-7-1
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-1 22:25
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For the flat edge, I'll forward to our engineers and hope they can consider in the future. Regarding the frozen and response issue, could you refer the below and export the log for analysis?  We'd like to check the status and keep optimizing the user experience.

You can find the Settings> Backup & reset> Copy Crash logs to SD card. Then connect Crystalsky to the computer and turn on USB storage, copy "tombstones.zip" file and send it to us.

Thank you, Susan.

Please let me know if I need to ship the physical memory card to DJI or not? Whether if it is possible just upload the log to DJI?
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-1 20:59

You may have a bad CrystalSky.  First CrystalSky I got would hang.  Only respond to Long On/Off button push.  There was issues with it not always responding to screen touches too.

It seems that the screen no response a very common problem. I also read several posts from phantompilots.com, and they complain very much.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-7-2 04:57
It seems that the screen no response a very common problem. I also read several posts from phantompilots.com, and they complain very much.

Our engineers are still investigating the exact status. It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Driver, then share the link with us here, we'll forward to our engineers.
2018-7-7
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 01:51
Our engineers are still investigating the exact status. It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Driver, then share the link with us here, we'll forward to our engineers.

Thanks

I uploaded to dropbox. Please let me know  DJI administer use and email.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-7-7 04:38
Thanks

I uploaded to dropbox. Please let me know  DJI administer use and email.

Sorry, we do not have authorized email address for now. I'll PM you later for further steps.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules