Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB48 NOT CHARGING!!!
25335 53 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincent.chaikat
New

Zambia

Sorry buddy..hasn't worked for me on two TB48s..any other suggestions?
2016-3-16
Use props
simonm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406886 ft
United Kingdom

Antares Posted at 2015-6-17 15:13
I purchased the same battery from eBay, and the same problem. Battery dead, no lights and not chargi ...

Antares you're a genius.

I have a battery that went very strange after charging with LED#1 and the on/off LED both flashing permanently. They finally went off after about 36hrs and then when I tried to switch on or charge I got the low temperature error code (Double flash on LED #4). Tried disconnecting the lead etc. but nothing worked so assumed that was it. Bit of a shame as it only has 16 charges.

Don't know why I hadn't picked up on your post before now but came across it yesterday and thought it was worth a try - and it now the battery seems to be back to normal. Just fully charged it, all cells look good so will proceed with caution and see how it goes from here.

Thanks again, you've made my day.

Simon
2016-4-12
Use props
Jamie Clay
lvl.1

United States

ukea@hotmail.co Posted at 2016-2-22 11:23
Take the top off the battery
unscrew the circuit board from the white top cover
unplug the circuit b ...

I tried all the other hacks (so i think) but THIS one woke up my battery.

Thank you for posting it!
2016-4-12
Use props
Jamie Clay
lvl.1

United States

Jamie Clay Posted at 2016-4-12 18:33
I tried all the other hacks (so i think) but THIS one woke up my battery.

Thank you for posting i ...

Yeah about that - it woke up the battery but didn't solve the problem right away.

I did it a second time, this time putting a volt meter on the battery and charged it until the meter read 20 volts.  This then woke the battery up enough to allow for a firmware update.

The battery will fully charge but now gives me the "Battery Damaged" warning.  I've cycled it now twice, I hope this clears up as obviously I can't seriously fly with this battery issuing this warning.
2016-4-13
Use props
Michael swiss

Switzerland

I was able to wake a dead battery too. After a succesful firmware upgrade i get the message "Battery Damaged". battery History tells me: "cell broken". I'm not sure what to do now. I guess i can forget this one battery?
2016-4-17
Use props
skyml
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

Ok. I have a TB48 that went tits up.  But it is fully charged.  All LEDs light up.  But when you put it in the Inspire and turn it on the inspire begins to wake up and then goes dead.  retry and it does the same thing.  Then it does nothing.  Even tried charging a remote with the battery... battery turns on but won't charge the RC.  

Tried the reset by pulling the cable connector and waiting 1-2 hours.  Even tried to unplug the cable and giving it a "shock charge" using the stock charger.  Battery turns on fine... battery life is 3 out of 4 LEDs (can't tell you more since the battery won't power up the Inspire 1).  But whatever I do, the battery won't power anything up even though it shows 4 full LED's when turned on.  

No swelling of the battery.  Had a discharge cycle warning from the Go app before this happened.  flew it down to 15% and ran Deep cycle on the Smart Power Charger overnight.... it didn't seem to discharge and recharge as it should.  The next morning took it off deep cycle and just charged it... seemed to charge fine but then when I went to use it it turned on but wouldn't power anything.

Trouble shot per recommendations of folks over at smartpowercharger.com... their advise was same as here.  Battery is past the 90 piece of crap warranty at DJI so I haven't contacted them yet.  BTW, this battery has the latest DJI FW update.
2016-4-27
Use props
mc15601
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124984 ft
United States

Antares Posted at 2015-6-17 10:13
I purchased the same battery from eBay, and the same problem. Battery dead, no lights and not chargi ...

Okay, so I tried this method with a TB47 that would not charge (only the first LED would blink but would not take a charge). So after letting it charge to about 23.4V, I unplugged the charger, removed the alligator clips, plugged the circuit board back in and to my surprise I now see 2 solid LED's and a blinking 3rd. I have it on the charger now and I hope this fixes the issue. Curious to know if bypassing the circuit board screwed up the balancing of the cells?? Anyhow, thanks for the tip!
2016-5-15
Use props
eric.perry169
lvl.1

United States

mc15601@me.com Posted at 2016-5-16 10:19
Okay, so I tried this method with a TB47 that would not charge (only the first LED would blink but ...

How are you getting a proper reading?  Are you using a multimeter and testing the amperage after you unplug the charger?  Also, which wires are you connecting to the leads?  Just testing the red wire or black wire, or are you testing the red and black to get a reading?
2016-7-13
Use props
Pat Cusack
New

Australia

The underlying issue is one or more cells falling below ~3.3V during storage. LiPos are not salvageable once the battery chemistry crosses this threshold. The controller software is refusing to start the battery pack because one or more cells has fallen below this threshold (it's fruit). You CAN force the cell pack back up over this threshold - with the hacks described here - but the chances are one or more cells will fail under load.

To avoid this, keep the battery pack in storage charged so there's always 2 green charge indicators visible, and top the battery up if it falls to a single flashing light.
The 'hibernation' mode is a near death experience. If you can recover a battery pack from 'hibernation mode' you have (just) saved one or more cells at this threshold.

An *alarm* would be nice, but DJI are only obliged to replace anything that ships in this condition, so return it immediately if this is the case.
Don't let it happen once you've taken delivery - by checking the charge every week or so.

The 'boost' hacks are OK for DIY frame builds - but there's an (expensive) reason these battery management systems refuse to start a pack which has gone under-voltage.
I put it down to experience and check everything regularly now. It's not really a DJI thing. The packs that won't charge are just expensive reminders of what a PITA LiPo chemistry is!
2016-8-1
Use props
abdulsalam
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Antares Posted at 2015-6-17 17:13

You are right it's work for me
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg
2016-9-23
Use props
tom.benjaminsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221152 ft
Norway

Pat Cusack Posted at 2016-8-2 09:52
The underlying issue is one or more cells falling below ~3.3V during storage. LiPos are not salvagea ...

This works - as far as I can see - absolutely - at least in my opinion.
I just got my Inspire 1 v2.0 delivered with one extra battery. The spare battery was completely dead upon arrival, no signs of life. I went through the "massage" of the unit, first popping the top lid off and disconnected the logic board. Measured the voltage from the battery directly, reading 2.74V, and then connected the charger directly to the solder points. After a couple of hours, the cells had accumulated enough power - reading 20.2V, and took normal charge after reconnecting the logic board.
All seems fine, gonna look carefully after when using that battery, but for now I call it success :-)
2016-9-26
Use props
Alien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156470 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 02:04
I'm sorry you are having battery issues, There was a charging hub update back in September that fixe ...

Hi Ken,
I too am having trouble with my TB48.
My hub is updated and the battery wont charge using the standard transformer or the rapid charge transformer.
The battery has gone through 9 charges only.
Am I to return it to DJI or a service centre in Sydney Australia?
Regards
Don
2016-10-6
Use props
Alien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156470 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 02:04
I'm sorry you are having battery issues, There was a charging hub update back in September that fixe ...

Hi Ken,
My hub is updated and the battery wont charge using the standard transformer or the rapid charge transformer.
The battery has gone through 9 charges only.
Am I to return it to DJI or a service centre in Sydney Australia?
Regards
Don
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Alien Posted at 2016-10-7 15:18
Hi Ken,
My hub is updated and the battery wont charge using  ...

I'm sorry about that, there is a repair center in Australia, please contact support. In the US, TB48's cannot be shipped from the customer to DJI. Support will have to advise you.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules