Multi-pass fun with "Track"...
537 2 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imageshoppe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 849839 ft

Very much enjoying the combo of the Ronin-s and my GH5s... decided to try and see how repeatable the motions would be in a "Track" setup using two keyframes.  The results were pretty good, not as tight as a real moco unit, but very acceptable for many uses... here's the results with six individual takes combined into one with feathered roto wipes...

http://files.datausa.com/imageshoppe/outgoing/RONIN-S/Ronin-s_multipass_test.mp4

Of course you need to really lock the gimbal down (I put it on a Kessler Kpod system) and it bears to note that the app froze up after the sixth pass.  I'm working on an nVidia Shield tablet, and was frustrated to find that my android phone, a 2nd generation MotoG, would not "see" the gimbal in the app's bluetooth connection window (though the phone itself could see it as a device to connect to.)

Anyway, great gimbal, best in class, IMO, and I can't wait to see some of the different mounting options and other accessories come on line soon!

Jim Arthurs

2018-7-1
Use props
BayouFeller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2533 ft
United States

Fun and interesting! One of the features I would love to see on the app would be the ability to store and retrieve Tracks. I am with you, too, on looking forward to see other accessories, mounting options, etc., as well as ironing out the compatibility issues of the early released version of firmware/app.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Interesting video, thanks for sharing, glad to know you are pleased with Ronin-S, we will keep improving our products and release more accessories to make your experience better, thanks for selecting DJI.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules