Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-3 04:17
nah, my GPS receiver does not know why its not getting enough signals! Because of bad or weak signals or because signals could not reach the receiver (also bad or weak signals).

So this sentence is really wrong thinking , your "Your spark couldn’t go to weak gps because you had it blocked"

Well how does that explain all grayed out bars, which means No Signal, nada zilch 0, Signal ?
2018-7-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that buddy
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-3 04:17
nah, my GPS receiver does not know why its not getting enough signals! Because of bad or weak signals or because signals could not reach the receiver (also bad or weak signals).

So this sentence is really wrong thinking , your "Your spark couldn’t go to weak gps because you had it blocked"

Look point I’m making is your test shows you can fly above 16ft in opti mode, there is noting in your manual to tell you can’t do this.
If you want to try flying above 16ft with weak gps showing then that’s how you should do the test.
2018-7-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-3 04:25
Well how does that explain all grayed out bars, which means No Signal, nada zilch 0, Signal ?

In that short video it was zero, changing from zero to 2 and back again
Sorry if that had mislead you in your answering my question/remarks.

I have seen so many flightrecords, not always is what you see in the GoApp / Video flight GoApp / Flightrecord data excatly the same.

In this short test flight i even had a very short ATTI message and voice msg, not written in the file.
If you listen you can hear the RTH beeps...

cheers
JJB
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-3 04:40
In that short video it was zero, changing from zero to 2 and back again
Sorry if that had mislead you in your answering my question/remarks.

This link will verify what happens when flying with weak gps, although your log might show 2 your spark was not going to gps mode, yes Atti is a possibility as it will be next drop down mode.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-7-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-3 04:45
This link will verify what happens when flying with weak gps, although your log might show 2 your spark was not going to gps mode, yes Atti is a possibility as it will be next drop down mode.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=109181&pid=916064&fromuid=260008

Do watch my short video previous post. changing OPTI > GPS > OPTI.

Or i have a very weird Spark or it is possible to switch between the 3 modes.
As it can go from GPS to ATTI and v.v , why not....well video shows everything

cheers
JJB
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-3 04:53
Do watch my short video previous post. changing OPTI > GPS > OPTI.

Or i have a very weird Spark or it is possible to switch between the 3 modes.

Yes that is how it works but it never shares or is compatible using both together, for the want of a better phrase, they can just hop from one mode to the other, but you can’t be in opti and gps or gps and Atti as switch to one or other will have to occur to be in that mode.
As you will see from the link above , this craft had taken off in weak gps and failsafe kicked in , I can only go on what I have seen happening as I wouldn’t take off in gps mode without enough gps, and even then before I go off flying I will do some checks to make sure I’m good to fly.
I have taken off in Atti mode many times, because it is ok to fly in this mode. And I’m in control of reconnecting to gps.
So from what I have seen the failsafe works as it says on the tin, but if someone can fool it I haven’t seen it yet, but I won’t say it can’t be done.
I also believe in most circumstances it is a good failsafe , but will exclude canyons and water from this. (;+)....
2018-7-3
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
Mexico

Oh man I really want my Mavic Air was still alive with me, I'm not able to purchase another one, could some crypto god help me with a fraction of the unit price?  
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-2 16:37
6. GPS Signal Strength: Shows the current GPS signal strength. White bars indicate adequate GPS strength.

More than one white bar - adequate GPS strength.

Dji’s information regarding signal bars. You’ll note no mention of just more than 1 bar for adequate gps flight.

2018-7-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-1 19:27
Sorry to hear, I can imagine only 17 seconds there must have been some manufacture defect?

Or the motor was obstructed.
2018-7-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-2 13:05
Thank you, must have missed this but i had a flight today (Spark) in that second setting and was able to fly higher than 5 meters...So i have to read the Spark manual again.

There are two GPS values in the logs, number of sats and gps reception. So what does DJI mean by GPS signals....number of reception?

With GPS the relative geometry of the satellites is important.   Far more than number of satellites.

Its all very well hearing 6 satellites but if all 6 of those are in the same part of the sky your position is going to be miles off.

The bars indicate signal quality, taking into account the geometry of the satellites available and is really the only thing that matters.

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-4 13:37

Motor was obstructed at impact.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 13:34
Dji’s information regarding signal bars. You’ll note no mention of just more than 1 bar for adequate gps flight.

[view_image]

Nothing in your posts says X number of bars are required for flight.  Only that accuracy of hovering will be decreased greatly when there is only 1 or 2 bars.

"When less than three signal strength bars are displayed"  ---> 2-bars, 1-bar, no bar.

Now do us all a favor.  Order couple more Pints, and pass out.

2018-7-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:16
Nothing in your posts says X number of bars are required for flight.  Only that accuracy of hovering will be decreased greatly when there is only 1 or 2 bars.

"When less than three signal strength bars are displayed"  ---> 2-bars, 1-bar, no bar.

If it's about time for anyone to quit this thread, I have a differrent opinion though on who that should be...
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-4 14:21
If it's about time for anyone to quit this thread, I have a differrent opinion though on who that should be...

How many Avatars does hallmark007 have on this forum?
1) hallmark007
2) ardrijewellery
3) this one?
...) ???
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:16
Nothing in your posts says X number of bars are required for flight.  Only that accuracy of hovering will be decreased greatly when there is only 1 or 2 bars.

Your ignorance knows no bounds, you spend all you time around here giving out ridiculous advice, particularly to new flyers, you do nothing but try to disrupt distract , destruct, at every hands turn your there to try pull anything good apart, with malicious comments , continually talking out the side of your mouth. Your only interest is trying to drag everyone down to your own level, and this thread shows exactly that.

Remember only a couple of posts ago you said that the manual said it was adequate to fly with one bar, then you changed that to two bars, then when your shown proof as to exactly what dji says, you still try to twist it, but you will see the tide changes very quickly, just look at post 91 , people with savvy able to work things out, they don’t need your clap trap advice,
Your hitting the self destruct button and I don’t think it will be that long.

If you can’t find it in yourself to help others, stop with dragging everyone into you own mire.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:47
Your ignorance knows no bounds, you spend all you time around here giving out ridiculous advice, particularly to new flyers, you do nothing but try to disrupt distract , destruct, at every hands turn your there to try pull anything good apart, with malicious comments , continually talking out the side of your mouth. Your only interest is trying to drag everyone down to your own level, and this thread shows exactly that.

Remember only a couple of posts ago you said that the manual said it was adequate to fly with one bar, then you changed that to two bars, then when your shown proof as to exactly what dji says, you still try to twist it, but you will see the tide changes very quickly, just look at post 91 , people with savvy able to work things out, they don’t need your clap trap advice,

I see you are up to your old Tricks of Trash Trolling by Blowing Smoke, Twisting events, Spinning tails, posting Lies, and making arrogant ignorant proclamations.  While fluffing your own Ego like a drunken braggart.

Your posts before work at least make some sense, but after work (aka drinking hour); your posts become more and more senseless and stupid.

Do yourself and all others here: Just Say No to Drinking and Posting.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:47
Your ignorance knows no bounds, you spend all you time around here giving out ridiculous advice, particularly to new flyers, you do nothing but try to disrupt distract , destruct, at every hands turn your there to try pull anything good apart, with malicious comments , continually talking out the side of your mouth. Your only interest is trying to drag everyone down to your own level, and this thread shows exactly that.

Remember only a couple of posts ago you said that the manual said it was adequate to fly with one bar, then you changed that to two bars, then when your shown proof as to exactly what dji says, you still try to twist it, but you will see the tide changes very quickly, just look at post 91 , people with savvy able to work things out, they don’t need your clap trap advice,

If you can’t find it in yourself to help others, stop with dragging everyone into you own mire.

How is your Trash Trolling posts at all helpful?
Can you say: Hypocrite?  Probably not unless it is before work...
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 15:00

How is your Trash Trolling posts at all helpful?

I come here to get help, and to give others help if I can, you come here to hate everything, you arenothing but a doomsayer.

Now hop along and see how much demise you can cause .
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:59
I see you are up to your old Tricks of Trash Trolling by Blowing Smoke, Twisting events, Spinning tails, posting Lies, and making arrogant ignorant proclamations.  While fluffing your own Ego like a drunken braggart.

Your posts before work at least make some sense, but after work (aka drinking hour); your posts become more and more senseless and stupid.

The Doomsayer. Sounds to me your having a real problem holding your own drink .
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-4 14:21
If it's about time for anyone to quit this thread, I have a differrent opinion though on who that should be...

Just to clear up something, I had two avatars, ardrijewellery was my first avatar, I simply changed it to Hallmark007, in 2016, I would have thought that someone with an ounce of tech no how could figure that one out,
Many of my early posts would contain this avatar and they are still here under the one account, it seems strange that anyone would go digging so far back unless they were trolling.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 16:08
Just to clear up something, I had two avatars, ardrijewellery was my first avatar, I simply changed it to Hallmark007, in 2016, I would have thought that someone with an ounce of tech no how could figure that one out,
Many of my early posts would contain this avatar and they are still here under the one account, it seems strange that anyone would go digging so far back unless they were trolling.

I had two avatars, ardrijewellery ...
Many of my early posts would contain this avatar ...

Two Little Freudian slip ups in one post, fancy that.
You had two avatars, meaning there was (or is) another Avatar.
Many of, yet not all your early posts were under ardrijewelery - meaning there was (or is) another Avatar.

Fits with your SPIN, twisting, and deceptive nature.  Bet having numerous drones, ability to register under multiple Avatars, helps a lot when it comes to getting Up votes.

2018-7-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-4 13:37

If the motor was obstructed prior to take-off, could the craft still get airborne?
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 16:45
I had two avatars, ardrijewellery ...
Many of my early posts would contain this avatar ...

Avatar is an icon representing some person, and yes I have had two, but they are under the same account, like when some open a new account they are given the avatar djuser or fans, then they have a choice to change it. Hope this explains it for you, although having checked it you would have noticed it brings you right back to account avatar hallmark.
It’s strange that anyone would delve back over two and a half years on another and not call it trolling.
You will also have noticed that what ever Aircraft I had was the same under my first avatar, having two accounts is what your trying to say, and I’ve only had one account, but it kinda shows the way your thinking.
2018-7-5
Use props
mavic flights ireland 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710420 ft
Ireland

Hang on hang on lads gimme a second here // right go ahead
2018-7-11
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Another thread where kids decide to take their personal problems and share them openly.

i already reported several people today. Quite tired of seeing full posts going directly to the trash thanks to always the same people.

Surely the same downvoting others just "because", no matter what the content of the post is.

I hope admins make their work and keep the forum civil, because this is incredible...
2018-7-11
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

oh geez none of this is helping the OP. Sorry to read about your Mavic Air.  I hope you're back in the air soon.
2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope you get a replacement soon.
2018-7-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you buy "care refresh"?
2018-7-11
Use props
Senayskii
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-11 11:31
Did you buy "care refresh"?

Although, this is my first post here, i think you need to have the AC to take advantage of the dji refresh program. Doesn't sound like he recovered it.
2018-7-12
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry only 6 sats on takeoff... gutsy.
2018-7-12
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

If you were in ATTI mode and you maybe not noticed it in such a short time. If you did the first thing you should do is going up!
There must be some wind too as it usually is over the sea so in ATTI it began drifting and at only few f above the water you need jus a second or two to hit it.  Sorry.
2018-7-14
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Hope you get a replacement soon...
2018-7-14
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

This discussion here is a bit childish and is of no use and relevance to what happened in this case.
The video clearly shows that the Mavic suddenly turned upside down. Such behaviour indicates that one of the motors was blocked or stop working. No GPS, OPTI or ATTI mode could do that.
The reason can be hardware failure or maybe it hits some wire around the mast on the boat.
And the light at start up was blinking green!
2018-7-15
Use props
MavicDownSplash
New
Thailand

Same thing happened to me yesterday. A minute into the flight it just when straight down and splash. Im trying to get in contact with DJI but no luck. I had plenanty of battery did my checks everything was good. Didn't fly home, sensors didn't kick in just dropped. I posted a short video of the crash on my twitter if you want to check it out.  NetflixandTinkel
2018-7-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

really? this thread needs to die already guys. i know hallmark p*sses alot of people off, we have all been there, he seems to enjoy it to be honest... lets just move on please... this thread is about a user needing help understanding why his drone took a sh*t into the water.. we have some good theories,..  GPS Geometry is a theory i like and makes sense, VPS being upset about the water is another possibility...  

as far as i am aware of switching from GPS to ATTi mode doesn't cause drone to turn suicidal, my mavic pro has jumped back and forth a handful of times while cruising around and it didn't feel any different from normal sport mode. infact if i didn't get an alert on screen, probably wouldn't have known because felt the same.  i can't speak for the movie air but..ya know.. im going to assume they fly very similarly..
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules