Video publishing help
824 11 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft

I spent all day yesterday flying my Phantom and got some really good footage. When I got home I wanted to put a video together using the DJI editor. I know the videos stored on my iPad aren’t the full resolution so I took the SD card and hooked it up to my card reader for my iPad. I transferred the original files to my iPad then opened the DJI go app. I went to the editor and imported my videos from my camera roll and it worked. I edited everything together and hit complete. It created my video and when I watch it on my iPad it appears to be in full resolution. When I upload to YouTube the max quality is 360 or 720. Why can’t I get my full 2.7k or even 1080p to show on YouTube? I refuse to let YouTube ruin my video.
2018-7-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

Are you sure you didn't accidently record in 720p? Whenever I have uploaded video to Youtube it has always been 1080p except for one of the last times, When it plays it is set to automatic for quality. It started playing at 480p, I freaked out at first, but then clicked on the HD where it is usually set to auto, I noticed it had 1080p there. Perhaps this is what is happening to you? Upload a small clip and post the link here and we can see what it plays at.
2018-7-1
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

You should be able to right click on the original file and go to properties to see what the video properties are so you can make sure it was recorded in 1080. YouTube shouldn’t be compressing or downgrading tour video.
2018-7-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assuming you didnt only edit the lower res files, Keep in mind that YouTube doesn't process all resolutions at the same speed. So generally the lower resolutions, 144p, 240p, 480p show up first followed by higher resolutions and then sometimes a day later 2k and 4k resolutions. So make sure you are giving it enough time as well.
2018-7-1
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy makes a valid point with the delay with YouTube processing your videos to get the full resolution, in addition I find now my default browser Safari will only let me view my videos up to 1080p.

However, if I change my browser to Chrome  then I can view up to 4k, the same if I view on my TV I can get the 4k - although I do try to refresh the video several times in the browser seems to speed things along.

2018-7-1
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Oh I didn't know about the delay in processing, I will re-upload them and wait a little longer and check. I only waited about 3 minutes before looking. Thanks for the tip.
2018-7-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Ok I uploaded them to youtube again and its been about 2 hours, it still shows the max quality at 720. When I look at the properties of my original files it shows the data rate at 44930kbps and the frame rate at 29.97 frames per second. When I go look at the final video that DJI go put out and look at the details it shows the data rate at 16860kbps. That's less than half! What gives? Is there a output bit rate to choose in the app? I didn't see one

I imported a few clips into the app again, it shows their data rate as 2.7k in the app. So the app is recognizing the clips at their full resolution. After processessing the clips together it appear DJI go cannot output a high resolution, I did a test with just 3 video clips and had the same resuld. I started off at 2.7k and after DJI go finished it was back down to 720p. This is frustrating and dissapointing. I was hoping to put out a high resolution video but it appears I cannot do it with DJI Go.
2018-7-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

After talking to DJI support it appears that DJI Go and DJI Go 4 are not capable of putting out anything higher than 720p videos. :-( I guess I'll have to use something else for my videos.
2018-7-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

dont slow down Posted at 2018-7-2 15:06
Ok I uploaded them to youtube again and its been about 2 hours, it still shows the max quality at 720. When I look at the properties of my original files it shows the data rate at 44930kbps and the frame rate at 29.97 frames per second. When I go look at the final video that DJI go put out and look at the details it shows the data rate at 16860kbps. That's less than half! What gives? Is there a output bit rate to choose in the app? I didn't see one

I imported a few clips into the app again, it shows their data rate as 2.7k in the app. So the app is recognizing the clips at their full resolution. After processessing the clips together it appear DJI go cannot output a high resolution, I did a test with just 3 video clips and had the same resuld. I started off at 2.7k and after DJI go finished it was back down to 720p. This is frustrating and dissapointing. I was hoping to put out a high resolution video but it appears I cannot do it with DJI Go.

The DJI Go App editor is a toy, why bother with it? And editing on an iPad is also pretty pointless. YouTube is not doing harm to your clips, it is the processes you are using. Copy the files off the micro SD card on to a decent computer and edit them there, using a decent video editing application.
2018-7-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Yes I realize this now. I liked how simple the DJI editor was, I am no good with editing videos on the computer, it takes me hours to make one 2 minute clip, I don't have that kind of time. I need something simple and easy.
2018-7-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

dont slow down Posted at 2018-7-2 16:08
Yes I realize this now. I liked how simple the DJI editor was, I am no good with editing videos on the computer, it takes me hours to make one 2 minute clip, I don't have that kind of time. I need something simple and easy.

I understand that, and the attraction, but there are excellent quality, easy to use editing programs available that are not hard to usem, and you will soon learn them.
2018-7-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Can you recommend one?
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules