Inspire 2 screen locking up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Us9G8BQrxR90
New

Had several flights lately where the screen on my iPad locks up while using the dji go app. I have tried 2.4 and 5.2 but it still locks up. All firmware is up to date and the iPad has latest os. Is anyone else experiencing this, has only started happening in the last month.
Thanks
Justin
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. What do you mean by lock up?
2018-7-2
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft

I have similar problem on Samsung Tablet S3.  Rc controls Inspire flight functions normally but  Go app has severe delays and becomes unresponsive, cannot even tell if X5S is recording or not....
2018-7-2
Use props
fansf378b256
lvl.1
Flight distance : 360023 ft

I'm sorry that is a bad explanation. The screen locks up, sometimes I can cancel the app mid flight and when I re-launch the app it usually connects. Today I tried to re-launch the app mid flight after a screen freeze and it would re-connect. This is something that I shouldn't even have to worry about, not to mention how frustrating and amateur looking I am while I restart the drone, twice in 5 minutes. Doesn't give anyone on set much confidence.
2018-7-2
Use props
fansf378b256
lvl.1

I did some Drone Deploy and also had a problem with connection with the drone and app. A bit concerning the drone has the right flight path and comes home.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansf378b256 Posted at 2018-7-2 02:01
I did some Drone Deploy and also had a problem with connection with the drone and app. A bit concerning the drone has the right flight path and comes home.

I see. Can you tell me what specific model of the mobile device are you using? Did you try to reinstall the app? Can you also tell me what firmware version you currently have on your aircraft, remote, camera and app?
2018-7-2
Use props
fansf378b256
lvl.1

Sorry for the delay in replying!
Ipad Air
dji go app v4.2.22
Aircraft Firmware is v01.02.0100
Not sure how to find camera or remote firmware
2018-7-2
Use props
fansf378b256
lvl.1

Ok I found that my channel selection was on manual and I tested it on auto at home and all looked good.

While flying on 1 set of batteries the inspire completely disconnected. The only way to reconnect the drone to the app was to restart everything. Before it was freezing the screen, now it is completely disconnecting.

Checked everything, all updates are up to date, vision systems configured, latest os and still doesn't work.

Please help as I have a job in a few days and dont want to have to cancel.
2018-7-2
Use props
fansf378b256
lvl.1

Process of elimination has proven the iPad is at fault. Tried an iPhone 6 and it worked fine without any disconnections.

Ipad Air version 11.4 (seems to have problems)

IPhone version 11.3.1 (works fine)

Has anyone had trouble with version 11.4??

Anyone??
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules