723 25 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phillbarnes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi all. I bought the P4P+ V2 but made a few mistakes while setting it up, so I reset it back to the original settings but now I can’t sign in. It keeps telling me that I have NO internet connection although I have turned the WiFi on and it is connected. Am I missing something (apart from brain cells)? My original P4P+ can connect as does my Mavic Pro.
Any help would be gratefully accepted
2018-7-2
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
United States

Are you trying to download firmware?
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. In which wi-fi connection is your mobile device connected while logging-in to your account?
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

That's the point I can not log in.
2018-7-2
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-7-2 05:25

Are you sure you have wifi on?  Place your finger on the uppermost top edge of screen and swipe down.  You will see the wifi icon and if you touch it  will turn on and then pick your ssid and put in password.
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

snowyowl Posted at 2018-7-2 05:21
Are you trying to download firmware?

No Just trying to log in sign in or anything else you want to call it. but thanks for the interest
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-7-2 05:25

Can you go to the wi-fi settings on your mobile device and check if you're connected to your home wi-fi?
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Tearuup Posted at 2018-7-2 05:28
Are you sure you have wifi on?  Place your finger on the uppermost top edge of screen and swipe down.  You will see the wifi icon and if you touch it  will turn on and then pick your ssid and put in password.

have done all that thanks
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-2 05:30
Can you go to the wi-fi settings on your mobile device and check if you're connected to your home wi-fi?

Yes all checked and connected to my home network
2018-7-2
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
United States

Sounds to me as Wanda ha stated that you might have turned Wi-Fi on but you are not connected to your own network.
When you turn on wifi please make sure that your are connected to the correct SSID and your password  for your network is entered correctly.

2018-7-2
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I had a similar problem some years ago.  My network was connected to my "Guest Wifi" with the same name.  Make sure you are not connected to the "Guest".
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

snowyowl Posted at 2018-7-2 05:34
Sounds to me as Wanda ha stated that you might have turned Wi-Fi on but you are not connected to your own network.
When you turn on wifi please make sure that your are connected to the correct SSID and your password  for your network is entered correctly.

Checked wit my iPad and WI-FI is connected
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Looks like I will have to return it.
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I have checked the Wi-Fi on the P4P+ original and it a good healthy signal but on the P4P+ V. 2 there is hardly any signal and keeps saying unauthenticated signal. If that's any help?
2018-7-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-7-2 07:15
I have checked the Wi-Fi on the P4P+ original and it a good healthy signal but on the P4P+ V. 2 there is hardly any signal and keeps saying unauthenticated signal. If that's any help?

Are you sure you have been in the right place?
It is not enough to just activate wifi from the drag down. When you drag down, you need to tap the settings gear icon, enter the wifi section and setup your connection again.
2018-7-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

snowyowl Posted at 2018-7-2 05:34
Sounds to me as Wanda ha stated that you might have turned Wi-Fi on but you are not connected to your own network.
When you turn on wifi please make sure that your are connected to the correct SSID and your password  for your network is entered correctly.

Notice this is the plus(+) controller not a phone, it most likely sounded that Wanda has missed that detail too.
2018-7-2
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387733 ft
United States

Same happened to me on my plus + v2.0.  It worked for me after I went to the settings and disconnected from my home wi-fi, turn off the controller then on again, then reconnected to the home wi-fi.  Very frustrating indeed.  I think when you reset it the controller needs, for whatever reason, to find an unconnected wi-fi signal then have you set up wifi portion from scratch.  I know it sounds stupid but it worked for me.  Good luck>
2018-7-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DennisM Posted at 2018-7-2 17:52
Same happened to me on my plus + v2.0.  It worked for me after I went to the settings and disconnected from my home wi-fi, turn off the controller then on again, then reconnected to the home wi-fi.  Very frustrating indeed.  I think when you reset it the controller needs, for whatever reason, to find an unconnected wi-fi signal then have you set up wifi portion from scratch.  I know it sounds stupid but it worked for me.  Good luck>

Why does it sound stupid?
That is the whole purpose of doing a reset, stupid would be if all kind of customized settings was still in place after a reset.

The big issue on the + controllers is that it is not obvious for the non experienced to locate and setup the wifi configuration again. When closing the error message it simply should enter the settings section for the user to verify or setup the settings again.
2018-7-2
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks for all your answers and comments. I have tried all of them but  still no joy.
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-2 16:17
It is not enough to just activate wifi from the drag down. When you drag down, you need to tap the settings gear icon, enter the wifi section and setup your connection again.

Have done that thanks
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DennisM Posted at 2018-7-2 17:52
Same happened to me on my plus + v2.0.  It worked for me after I went to the settings and disconnected from my home wi-fi, turn off the controller then on again, then reconnected to the home wi-fi.  Very frustrating indeed.  I think when you reset it the controller needs, for whatever reason, to find an unconnected wi-fi signal then have you set up wifi portion from scratch.  I know it sounds stupid but it worked for me.  Good luck>

That is one thing I haven't tried. Will try now Please wish me luck
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Have done that Thanks
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-7-3 03:51
That is one thing I haven't tried. Will try now Please wish me luck

Tried but no joy
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Have done all that. thanks
2018-7-3
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Well! After going through all the suggestions again and again IT WORKS  I don't know which one did it but many many thanks for all remarks, comments and suggestions.
I can go fly Be happy folks and safe flying  
2018-7-3
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387733 ft
United States

phillbarnes Posted at 2018-7-3 05:40
Well! After going through all the suggestions again and again IT WORKS  I don't know which one did it but many many thanks for all remarks, comments and suggestions.
I can go fly Be happy folks and safe flying

All's well that ends well............
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules