559 10 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hi community,
I'm new here and new to the DJI drones.
I got buying a Mavic Pro after one year of Parrot Bebop 2 (and still not sure if selling it or not) and a lot of things are different between the two, so I still have to get used to the Mavic.

My drone came with 1.4.300 FW and I downloaded the 4.2.20 DJI Go4 apk for my Nexus 5.
The video feed was really bad, with stutter, pixelated image and a huge delay in the control responsiveness to the drone.
I endend up downgrading the mobile only to 4.1.10 and it works fine, but I have two things I cannot stand:
1-offline here maps without satellite view of my area
2-no pano modes

It has been days that I'm trying to figure out the best app version for me, but without success.

So here is my question.
Is there a DJI Go4 version for Android (in particular for an old one like Nexus 5) that can provide me the following?
1-offline maps with satellite view
2-no need to log-in each time (since I use the mobile only for the drone and have no sim or data connection)
3-all the latest features (such pano modes)
4-smoot video feed and solid connection to the drone.

Thanks a lot.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with the app. Unfortunately the Nexus 5 is currently incompatible to run the app. Please check the list of fully compatible devices below. Thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your MP.
In answer to your question - no idea as I only use iOS. I'm sure an Android user will come in soon though.
2018-7-2
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ok, my mobile is not supported officially by the latest releases, but I read here in this forum that even supported ones show problems.
At least I'd like to figure out till which version I can use it.
I guess I'll have to discover by myself how the Nexus 5 behave with the recent DJI GO4 versions.

I'll share the results in order to help the forum mates.
2018-7-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just do a google search for the DJI go4 app , looking for the .apk files. you will find all the versions available.
Just have to pick and choose...
2018-7-2
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find the older versions of the app here.
I can't say what the differences will be because I only have a Mavic Air, and not a Pro.

I also fly with no SIM card in my Galaxy Note 4.  I'm currently running 4.2.16 on my device.
2018-7-2
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

It seems 4.2.16 works properly on my Nexus 5.
I had to enable developer mode, disable several apps, force the gpu usage and other fine tuning in order to get rid of the blocky video feed.
This week end I'm flying again and I'll confirm, if any.
Cross fingers.
2018-7-2
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

4.2.14. work fine with pano /full options for Mavic Pro...I use the Huawei P8 lite - a weak smartphone - that does not appear in the recommended DJI list, and the application run smoothly without disconnect / image frost. Just on 4.2.20 I have problems but on 4.2.14 it is running excellent.
2018-7-2
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Still come with a supplement! Nexus 5 is a smartphone from 2013. VERY VERY technically surpassed! (Smartdragon 800 cpu - 2Gb ram ... etc) DJI applications are for smartphones of the 2017/2018 generation! 4 gb ram ... cpu 8 core ... gpu Adreno 520 ..etc.Do not forget that MP is a relatively new product with high demands on other models from the competition. And the results are up to date!
2018-7-2
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Nexus 5 is quite a powerful mobile indeed.
It may be a 4 core, but it is clocked at 2.3 GHz, if properly set you can have 1Gb of free ram and the Adreno 330 is not so bad at all.
I don't think DJI Go 4 uses 8 cores and much gpu and looking at the ram usage, its average usage is about 500 Mb.

I believe the bottleneck in DJI Go4 is the cpu overload, only this.
2018-7-2
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I tried it better and... 4.2.16 works like a crap on my Nexus 5.
I'll switch back to 4.1.10
Good bye pano mode.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules