12345678Next >
12187 299 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

I don't sit in the forums everyday, I have a job and lots of tech to keep on top of, I don't have time to go online before I fly my Mavic Pro and check to see if there are new bugs that make the unti UNSUABLE!  But i went to use it on a job yesterday ... and ... WTF DJI?!  My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"!! I can't see anything on the screen (and I'm part of a giant chours of android users complaining about this), and the drone just flys where-ever it feels like!?!??!?! ARE YOU SERSIOUS!?!??!?!?!?
I should have to come here to tell you to fix this because it NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

If any laywers are reading this, please tell me how to add my name to the class-action lawsuite that I'm most certinaly sure has started.

2018-7-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

Hey that sounds weird which mobile device are you using?what do you mean your drone flys what ever it wants?
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-7-2 06:27
Hey that sounds weird which mobile device are you using?what do you mean your drone flys what ever it wants?

How does that "sound weird"? Sounds like a pretty common complaint .. or have you not looked at the reviews for the DJI Go4 app lately?  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-2
Use props
dvarapala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94347 ft
United States

Has DJI acknowledged that there are issues with 4.2.20 for Android? Have they announced when a fix will be released?
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

I got this reply from support on Facebook:  " You can try to downgrade your DJI GO 4 APP. Uninstall your current app the try this version instead.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3b1w8hjphkln6n/4.2.16.apk?dl=0 "

2018-7-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If, and when you do decide to do an update to anything, first rule is to test it, before waiting for the day of the job.
Other than that, yes, there is a problem/issue with the "updates" that are released from DJI.
Again, if you decide to go with an update for that "booberang" shot in the app, go for it, but be forewarned.

I have never updated anything in over 18 months of ownership, Rock solid.

But yeah, you can go ahead with the CA suit, but good luck on that one.

Best bet is to just bite the bullet, backrev, and then once is all right with the world, turn off all sync/updating in your tabby/phone/device.  
Never power up your AC (make sure the props are off in case of an accidental spool up) at home with the wifi on, turn it off. That way you won't get "bit by the bugs"....
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2018-7-2 07:09
If, and when you do decide to do an update to anything, first rule is to test it, before waiting for the day of the job.
Other than that, yes, there is a problem/issue with the "updates" that are released from DJI.
Again, if you decide to go with an update for that "booberang" shot in the app, go for it, but be forewarned.

So what your saying is that DJI is an untrustworthy company that you suspect puts out bad product and we should take extreme precautions to avoid them?
2018-7-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 06:50
How does that "sound weird"? Sounds like a pretty common complaint .. or have you not looked at the reviews for the DJI Go4 app lately?  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

You are right about the app i had also many issues but only with android devices then i changed to ipad mini 4 and i have no issues so far.Sadly they dont support many android devices.But what about the mavic?Do you have issues flying the drone as well?
2018-7-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

This will probably upset a bunch of people out there, but I am running 4.2.20 on an Samsung running Android V 7.0 and I'm not having a single problem or flaw.  I've NEVER had a problem.  And I don't know why.  But I'm happy about it.  
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-7-2 07:42
You are right about the app i had also many issues but only with android devices then i changed to ipad mini 4 and i have no issues so far.Sadly they dont support many android devices.But what about the mavic?Do you have issues flying the drone as well?

It occasionally drifts well after I've let go of the joysticks. Tilting the gimbal drifts very often, very far as well
2018-7-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 07:51
You are in the minority: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

That's good....  Because I am not a Apple fan at all.  
2018-7-2
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 07:51
You are in the minority: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

Plug the Drone and Controller into the computer and refresh the update i am using galaxy s7 with no issues
2018-7-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 07:50
It occasionally drifts well after I've let go of the joysticks. Tilting the gimbal drifts very often, very far as well

I had this problem as well and i did compass and IMU calibration and everything was back to normal again.Maybe you can gine it a try and i hope this will fix your issue
2018-7-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

I'm pretty sure that all these updates for Android and IOS for that matter, is to keep up with the OS updates put out by Android & Apple. I use a Crystal Sky (Optimized Android) that doesn't receive OS updates unless put out by DJI and it is rock solid, well maybe slight video glitches @ 5000' away. Still using 4.1.16 App with P3P, P4P, MP & MA.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-7-2 08:05
I'm pretty sure that all these updates for Android and IOS for that matter, is to keep up with the OS updates put out by Android & Apple. I use a Crystal Sky (Optimized Android) that doesn't receive OS updates unless put out by DJI and it is rock solid, well maybe slight video glitches @ 5000' away. Still using 4.1.16 App with P3P, P4P, MP & MA.

Let me  know how it goes when you need support for that product
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Uax4It Posted at 2018-7-2 07:58
Plug the Drone and Controller into the computer and refresh the update i am using galaxy s7 with no issues

The point I'm trying to make is that DJI keeps putting out buggy stuff.  Yes, it can usually be fixed if you sit around for hours trying to find solutions, trying them all, and praying one of them fixes it. But I should have to.  I also shouldn't find out my drone isn't working when it's in the sky and it worked "fairly" fine the last time I used it. (I say "fairly" because previous versions of the app would just randomly crash on occasion)
2018-7-2
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 08:18
The point I'm trying to make is that DJI keeps putting out buggy stuff.  Yes, it can usually be fixed if you sit around for hours trying to find solutions, trying them all, and praying one of them fixes it. But I should have to.  I also shouldn't find out my drone isn't working when it's in the sky and it worked "fairly" fine the last time I used it. (I say "fairly" because previous versions of the app would just randomly crash on occasion)

The only way to correct issues is to put out patches and updates i always plug my drone into the pc after use for diagnostic issues and calibrations .I just dont want to end up with a fly away or crash on a 1200 dollar drone better safe than sorry
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Uax4It Posted at 2018-7-2 08:33
The only way to correct issues is to put out patches and updates i always plug my drone into the pc after use for diagnostic issues and calibrations .I just dont want to end up with a fly away or crash on a 1200 dollar drone better safe than sorry

Do you have a point?
2018-7-2
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

That is my point 10 mins of your time after use to run diagnostic and calibration make a person more confident before flight every pilot runs a check list before flight
2018-7-2
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

Uax4It Posted at 2018-7-2 08:42
That is my point 10 mins of your time after use to run diagnostic and calibration make a person more confident before flight every pilot runs a check list before flight

You think you have issues i live in new jersey on the Hudson 2 miles from Manhattan most times i set my Mavic to fly it wont take off i get No Take Off No Fly Zone   
2018-7-2
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

OK i did some research connect the phone to the controller turn on the drone click Reset Remote Calibration it will start to beep now push the reset pin in on the drone and you should be good to go   
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry it’s a bit confusing, you say your Mavic Pro is drifting and problems with gimbal which creates big drifting.
Yet you were going out to do some commercial work , with a faulty drone..

Any commercial pilot worth his salt just wouldn’t turn up for a job already knowing his craft was dodgy.

You say you couldn’t see anything on your device, was this at take off ?

You also would be far better off letting the forum know what firmware/software your on , maybe show some screen shots of the problem, you also have the option to roll back any updates if they are not working for you, as well as the option not to update.

I have been checking progress of 0300 on other forums and the consensus is that it is working very well. While I don’t have an android I cant speak for problems with this, but can say Crystalsky is working fine.

What is your set up, have you tried to change cable even just to eliminate, when was the last time your drone was working well ?
2018-7-2
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

I just want to know exactly what version o fthe DJI Go app I should use, and what version level of firmware for the controller and MP. DJI show label what version  firmware is "Stable" and not force us to upgrade.  I no longer use the DJI Go app for now, because the video lag is beyond unacceptable.

I switched to the Litch appi, and the Video and interface is  run flawless. The only difference I see is that the photo's and video do not save to my phone or tablet. I see this as a good thing since I pull them of the SD card.  

The problem is not our phones or tablets, if they work on Litchi, they should work on the Go app.
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 08:18
The point I'm trying to make is that DJI keeps putting out buggy stuff.  Yes, it can usually be fixed if you sit around for hours trying to find solutions, trying them all, and praying one of them fixes it. But I should have to.  I also shouldn't find out my drone isn't working when it's in the sky and it worked "fairly" fine the last time I used it. (I say "fairly" because previous versions of the app would just randomly crash on occasion)

Yes, it can usually be fixed if you sit around for hours trying to find solutions, trying them all, and praying one of them fixes it. But I should have to.

Welcome to Beta Testers Club!
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 09:14
Sorry it’s a bit confusing, you say your Mavic Pro is drifting and problems with gimbal which creates big drifting.
Yet you were going out to do some commercial work , with a faulty drone..

Reread everything above and then ask yourself why you were so easily confused.
2018-7-2
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-2 09:23
Yes, it can usually be fixed if you sit around for hours trying to find solutions, trying them all, and praying one of them fixes it. But I should have to.

Welcome to Beta Testers Club!

More like Alpha
2018-7-2
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC, I get your point.    You don't fly everyday, but when it's time to fly, you want to fly.  Here is my recommendation in that case.  Have a dedicated device that doesn't update automatically.  That way, there will be no changes unless you initiate them.

After the first time I had an went out and wanted to fly and got hit with a firmware update request, I stopped it from autochecking, and made sure that the device (Galaxy Note4 edge) does not connect to internet in any form or fashion unless I want it to.

You are correct.  You shouldn't have to do a lot to make it fly.   So going forward,  you should find a version of the app that works for you.  And stay there.  if you find that there are issues, or if you find out that there is a new feature that you want/need, that's when you look at the reviews for the new version and see if the risk is worth the reward.
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

dbparti024 Posted at 2018-7-2 09:18
I just want to know exactly what version o fthe DJI Go app I should use, and what version level of firmware for the controller and MP. DJI show label what version  firmware is "Stable" and not force us to upgrade.  I no longer use the DJI Go app for now, because the video lag is beyond unacceptable.

I switched to the Litch appi, and the Video and interface is  run flawless. The only difference I see is that the photo's and video do not save to my phone or tablet. I see this as a good thing since I pull them of the SD card.  

I just want to know exactly what version o fthe DJI Go app I should use,

I believe people having problems with GO-4 app have rolled back to DJI GO 4 version 4.2.12 - when possible.  Their SmartDevice's OS level may not work with .12.

DJI GO 4 App Version History and Changelog:
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-7-2 09:57
FrequentC, I get your point.    You don't fly everyday, but when it's time to fly, you want to fly.  Here is my recommendation in that case.  Have a dedicated device that doesn't update automatically.  That way, there will be no changes unless you initiate them.

After the first time I had an went out and wanted to fly and got hit with a firmware update request, I stopped it from autochecking, and made sure that the device (Galaxy Note4 edge) does not connect to internet in any form or fashion unless I want it to.

I would add, make sure Firmware can be rolled back, should there be any problem with latest Firmware.  If it can't be rolled back, be sure you have enough time to secure a replacement should latest Firmware induce problems.

Something we should not have to do, but DJI has thrust that issue upon us.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

When they change this page, that's when I'll change how I use the drone:  https://www.dji.com/mavic/info

REQUIREMENTS:

Mobile App        DJI GO 4
Latency        160-170ms (depending on conditions and mobile device)

Required Operating Systems:
iOS 9.0 or later
Android 4.1.2 or later

Until then I will hold DJI accountable for what they say. And you should too.  
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 09:46
Reread everything above and then ask yourself why you were so easily confused.

As I said, you said you were going to do a job knowing you had a faulty drone, it’s fairly simple.
2018-7-2
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 10:14
When they change this page, that's when I'll change how I use the drone:  https://www.dji.com/mavic/info

REQUIREMENTS:

Oh, do trust... we hold them accountable.  We let them know when they are wrong.  Not just in this forum, but with service tickets, and calls to customer service.  And we've been very vocal on the support (or lack thereof) for the DJI Go 4 app.    We also have known that the best way to work around this issue is to downgrade.  If it is possible for you to do this, then you should.  That is the option for right now.  This forum is much more effective when used as community outreach.  In terms of actual DJI support, or even true and meaningful acknowledgement, you won't find it here.  You'll find a bunch of average joe's like me, that are just looking to learn more and help others when I can.  You'll find the admins to be helpful in actually finding further information if you already have a case open, but should be considered 1st level support.  They are limited in what they can do.

You shouldn't change the way you fly.  Just the way you update your applications.  If you find a version that works, you should make a concerted effort to stay there.  That way, when you want to fly, you can fly.
2018-7-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I have the issue and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Android v7.0 Nougat that has 4GB RAM?

Ever since the upgrade to DJI GO 4 v4.2.20 - I have had choppy video that makes it hard to fly.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 10:34
As I said, you said you were going to do a job knowing you had a faulty drone, it’s fairly simple.

No. That's what YOU said.  You're taking parts of what I said out of context and making up a new version of events.
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 10:53
No. That's what YOU said.  You're taking parts of what I said out of context and making up a new version of events.

Read post 10 you said it not me, should we not read all thread before commenting, your first post only explained what new occurrence you had.
2018-7-2
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

The problem is that we don't have any official response from DJI, a lot of android users are complaining and they don't answer to our complaints... I don't want to roll back to an older version, wtf I want that DJI fix this issue. IOS received 2 new upgrades, but android version is stopped to a buggy version (laggy live video feed which is not a so minor bug...)
2018-7-2
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Maybe we could raise some money to buy more android devices to DJI engineers for testing GO App........
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:04
Read post 10 you said it not me, should we not read all thread before commenting, your first post only explained what new occurrence you had.

I'm fairly certain you're just trolling (or drunk) so I'm done responding to you.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:10
Maybe we could raise some money to buy more android devices to DJI engineers for testing GO App........

I'm pretty sure they can afford their own devices if they can afford this new head-quarters: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/dji-new-headquarters/

2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 11:31
I'm fairly certain you're just trolling (or drunk) so I'm done responding to you.

Sorry I didn’t understand that you were only looking for people to agree with your rant, some people come here for help.
I see anyone who disagrees with you get the same treatment. So I’ll be gone good luck with your rant.
2018-7-2
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules