Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"
153946 153946 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chalde
First Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-2 16:00
Ah, I did miss something.  I had missed post #61.  Now that response makes sense!  Lol!  My bad!

Yep, the whole thread has been entertaining.

Just like a Michael Bay movie !! Big explosions in slow motion, with nothing making sense whatsoever

2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 16:56
Great comeback.

Wanna tell me again how all the problems I've had with Mavic Pro aircraft are imaginary? That's what you did last time you weighed in on one of my threads. Must have hurt you to see all the people having the same issues with their Mavic Pros, and the nearly 2 year long thread where people with the same problems were trying to get help from DJI to fix them. Or all the threads about people's Mavic Air drones doing exactly the same thing as the Mavic Pro! Must've been terrible for you when lots of new threads started being posted about the same problems I experienced with my Mavic Pros. Must have nearly crippled you when DJI admitted the problem.

On the contrary, you must be blind to the most popular column on this forum, videos/photos, so many flying quite happily, it just amazes me someone would wait around for two years, without getting anything sorted.
2018-7-2
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 17:05
On the contrary, you must be blind to the most popular column on this forum, videos/photos, so many flying quite happily, it just amazes me someone would wait around for two years, without getting anything sorted.

I must stop in and say "Thank You" hallmark007 . Every few months when I'm bored, I stop by to peruse these forums with the hope that one day I would realize that DJI puts forth more of an effort to address serious issues that some encounter with their products and now has outstanding customer service. Unfortunately that day has not arrived and you and your counter parts still participate on every problem thread doing your job. From the bottom of my I must thank Dji, you and the like for your part in assisting me in remaining a couple Grand richer. $$$ is burning a hole in my pocket and I just couldn't do it without you hallmark007.
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 17:05
On the contrary, you must be blind to the most popular column on this forum, videos/photos, so many flying quite happily, it just amazes me someone would wait around for two years, without getting anything sorted.

It amazes me that you spend so much time tellng people their problems with DJI products are imaginary, and participating in threads that clearly don't concern you. I shouldn't be amazed, you're a troll, and you're doing what trolls do... Stroke their own egos.
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 18:44
It amazes me that you spend so much time tellng people their problems with DJI products are imaginary, and participating in threads that clearly don't concern you. I shouldn't be amazed, you're a troll, and you're doing what trolls do... Stroke their own egos.

You could have left off "egos.".  
2018-7-2
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 18:44

It is my hope hallmark receives some form of compensation for his time and effort. If his work is 100% voluntary, we should all give him a big hug because his life is the definition of "Misery"!
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-7-2 18:58
It is my hope hallmark receives some form of compensation for his time and effort. If his work is 100% voluntary, we should all give him a big hug because his life is the definition of "Misery"!

He has stated he does not work for DJI.  With that said...  Companies have been known to engage P.R. firms who have Internet chiuwawahas that promote a company, while nipping at heels of anyone who dares speak in a negative way about company and its products.
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-2 19:15
He has stated he does not work for DJI.  With that said...  Companies have been known to engage P.R. firms who have Internet chiuwawahas that promote a company, while nipping at heels of anyone who dares speak in a negative way about company and its products.

"chiuwawahas"

Perfect. LOL
2018-7-2
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-2
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:10
Maybe we could raise some money to buy more android devices to DJI engineers for testing GO App........

Saw a video. DJI founder is worth 3B. He can afford a few Galaxy phones, tabs, and other Android devices.

Mavic Pro forever was THE defacto solid drone to have. Quiet enough, good video and images, more dslr based camera options. App was flawless as well in many Android and iOS products.

Updates adding the Spark, Air seemed to have degraded the app performance.

It's interesting many were uptalking the MP for no real issues of connection problems, it being very stable for years, and then an update later here we are.
2018-7-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont know if this has been mentioned, i only skimmed replies.

post screenshots and/or videos of these device/app based bugs for DJI to correct. if they even care

unlike iOS and Apple Eco system, android isn't very consistent with how it handle display scaling too many devices too many ways each company uses to go about scaling. so UI is more likely to get messed up..

finally, people tend to not like this suggestion but its realistic one based on app stability and the fact spending $700-$1000+ on a drone,  should atleast get a used iPhone 5S or newer to fly with, or ipad mini 4 or better.. even if you hate iOS is your hate worth the risk of crashing and potential total loss..?   because i been hanging out using Dji for a while now, going on a year and i noticed a treng with DJI and that trend is DJI doesn't really do a good job listening to us...so if you want to continue flying Dji..well you can figure it out..
2018-7-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Maybe I have missed it, but what device are you using?
(other than Android)?
2018-7-3
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 11:31
I'm fairly certain you're just trolling (or drunk) so I'm done responding to you.

@FrequentC,

Two things... A LOT of iOS users of the Mavic Air are also experiencing laggy, frequently disconnected video on our iPhone's after DJI's crappy app updates, which they STILL haven't fixed.

I've got a thread cataloguing the various issues with the MA after its 0400 FW update:

Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400

Also, you'll see in that thread just how much hallmark007 has trolled in there, so trust me, don't bother with this guy, he's a "move the goal post" master...
2018-7-4
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Any word on a REAL fix yet, DJI?
2018-7-5
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

Mine now has a mind of it’s own too.  Disappointing for a $1000 toy.  
2018-7-6
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

Again ... Any word on a REAL fix yet, DJI?
2018-7-11
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

Hello? Still not fixed!
2018-7-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-13 07:26
Hello? Still not fixed!

To add some balance to your argument, I’m using the latest version of DJI Go on iOS with my Mavic Air (also running the latest firmware) and everything works perfectly. I’m more than happy with DJI’s products!
2018-7-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-13 07:26
Hello? Still not fixed!

To add some balance to your argument, I’m using the latest version of DJI Go on iOS with my Mavic Air (also running the latest firmware) and everything works perfectly. I’m more than happy with DJI’s products!
2018-7-13
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-7-13 09:06
To add some balance to your argument, I’m using the latest version of DJI Go on iOS with my Mavic Air (also ruining the latest firmware) and everything works perfectly. I’m more than happy with DJI’s products!

Balance?  So only a LARGE NUMBER of drones are in the air where the pilot can't see to navigate safely ... but yours works ... sooooo .... ya know .... balance?
2018-7-13
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
United States

They are continuing to work on it. Have acknowledged the problems, provided downgrade app versions to those in need. Not all are experiencing the issues, especially those with very high spec devices.

My thinking is they will have to have a new app for Mavics and Spark, and then another for Phantoms and above, especially with other products to be released in the coming months.
2018-7-13
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-13 11:32
They are continuing to work on it. Have acknowledged the problems, provided downgrade app versions to those in need. Not all are experiencing the issues, especially those with very high spec devices.

My thinking is they will have to have a new app for Mavics and Spark, and then another for Phantoms and above, especially with other products to be released in the coming months.

You act as if the (delayed) response to the problem is adequate.  Let me remind you they also put out an app that doesn't work on a LARGE NUMBER of devices to control flying machines with spinning blades. It's not like the phones being used are obscure either. It seems to mostly happen on the Galaxy S7 (60+ million S7's were sold) (and the S7 was released the same year as the Mavic pro was) ... It's terribly irresponsible and dangerous to put out an app that clearly wasn't tested thoroughly
2018-7-13
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-13 11:48
You act as if the (delayed) response to the problem is adequate.  Let me remind you they also put out an app that doesn't work on a LARGE NUMBER of devices to control flying machines with spinning blades. It's not like the phones being used are obscure either. It seems to mostly happen on the Galaxy S7 (60+ million S7's were sold) (and the S7 was released the same year as the Mavic pro was) ... It's terribly irresponsible and dangerous to put out an app that clearly wasn't tested thoroughly

Took them a bit to even acknowledge the issue, but again not all devices are affected, and one of the reasons here, and in other forums they are collecting data, screenshots, device type, device spec and other things in an attempt I think to remedy what has been ongoing.

I think them providing their own link to a downgraded app was good step.

I am not happy the problems are so prevalent, but I work with electronics and programmers, so I can understand the aspects of the delays. Many things to rule out. They have tested their own devices and cannot always duplicate the problems. Solutions for now are to use an older app apk. 4.2.16 is being provided, though 4.2.20 remains at Play Store for those with newer devices that do run ok.. for now.

Then we recently had iOS and Android Oreo updates... have to rule those out.  S7's and others may no longer be getting those updates from the mfg's.

I too reported to the DJI team that in our local drone group 40 users on Samsung devices well within spec, that all worked prior to 4.2.20. We actually have more Samsung users than iOS users, as well as many on the CS which is Android.

many details to iron out. Not the first time either. Issues like this come and go, and sometimes do take a while to remedy. What is acceptable is on the consumer.

Drone flyers are not every day things. Some use them on vacations, to record an event, or some other day when they have time and space to fly. Out of 600+ members in our local drone club, only 80 or so IIRC own DJI products. Most are sport flyers, RC fixed wing, or build their own as their hobby. There are many here with Samsung and Android products. Some see the update issues, and others that don't fly as routinely never see them, or the fix is already in and their app auto updated.

I agree this problem is serious, but all we can do is provide details best we can and await a remedy. So far it is rolling back to earlier versions of the app, and for those that do, they seem cool with it... so far.
2018-7-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-13 11:17
Balance?  So only a LARGE NUMBER of drones are in the air where the pilot can't see to navigate safely ... but yours works ... sooooo .... ya know .... balance?

So just as sure as you are that “a large number....” are having problems, I can assure you that an even LARGER number of drones are flying with no problems at all. It’s just that they don’t all come on here SHOUTING that they’re not having a problem.
2018-7-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-13 11:32

Have acknowledged the problems, provided downgrade app versions to those in need.

Strange, I get product sales notices from DJI, but I have yet to get product is Hosed notice from DJI.  

2018-7-13
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-13 14:30
Have acknowledged the problems, provided downgrade app versions to those in need.

Strange, I get product sales notices from DJI, but I have yet to get product is Hosed notice from DJI.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html  See post #4
2018-7-13
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

I have never hade 1 problem with the MP or the Inspire. If you use the right IPad and take your time to learn your Drone you will not a problem.
2018-7-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-13 14:49
https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html  See post #4

Acknowledged by DJI would be Banner on front page, with Thread locked to Top of Mavic Forum.
2018-7-13
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-7-13 13:56
So just as sure as you are that “a large number....” are having problems, I can assure you that an even LARGER number of drones are flying with no problems at all. It’s just that they don’t all come on here SHOUTING that they’re not having a problem.

Thanks for the useless comment "InvisibleName 7" I'm sure we all appreciate it... and by "appreciate" I mean "wonder why you took the time to write it" and "we all regret taking the time to read it"
2018-7-15
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-13 14:30

EXACTLY! .. It's buried
2018-7-15
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-15 13:28
Thanks for the useless comment "InvisibleName 7" I'm sure we all appreciate it... and by "appreciate" I mean "wonder why you took the time to write it" and "we all regret taking the time to read it"

you Know what, I really don’t care what you think, me and many thousands of happy DJI Mavic owners will continue to successfully fly our drones, while you sit in a corner and shout & scream at anyone who is prepared to read your rants. It’ll probably turn out that you caused the problem anyway!

Happy NON FLYING!
2018-7-15
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.4
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-7-15 16:35
you Know what, I really don’t care what you think, me and many thousands of happy DJI Mavic owners will continue to successfully fly our drones, while you sit in a corner and shout & scream at anyone who is prepared to read your rants. It’ll probably turn out that you caused the problem anyway!

Happy NON FLYING!

Happy "responding to let me know you don't care" to you too, Invi-Shill-Name 7
2018-7-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
United States

For anyone who might read through this thread (not the OP because you're bound to just snap back!), here's some good advice if you're using an Android device:

How to make DJI Go behave on Android device
2018-7-17
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-16 13:55
Happy "responding to let me know you don't care" to you too, Invi-Shill-Name 7

Freq - If you are truly here for a solution to your problem, there are at least 20 threads here on the choppy Video Transmission issue.  The SOLUTION is to roll back the DJI Go4 app to 4.2.16.  Another member posted this earlier, so it seems you missed that advice.

Although we can never know for sure if the Admins truly send reports here to the app developers, but I have seen scores of responses saying they have alerted them.  Clearly, the latest update 4.2.21 missed the mark, so they haven't found a fix yet, but hopefully we will see that soon.

Now, if you want to fly, just roll back to 4.2.16 and you should be running smoothly again. If not, then we know you are just here to bitch.  And, good luck on the attorney threat angle.  Gotta love the guy playing that worthless card, lol.
2018-7-17
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-17 05:43
Freq - If you are truly here for a solution to your problem, there are at least 20 threads here on the choppy Video Transmission issue.  The SOLUTION is to roll back the DJI Go4 app to 4.2.16.  Another member posted this earlier, so it seems you missed that advice.

Although we can never know for sure if the Admins truly send reports here to the app developers, but I have seen scores of responses saying they have alerted them.  Clearly, the latest update 4.2.21 missed the mark, so they haven't found a fix yet, but hopefully we will see that soon.

I have the same choppy video problem and .16 was the worst version for me.

So it might be a "fix" for some but for others it is useless or worse...

My MP is about a week and a half old and i am using a approved device, out of .10, .14, .16, and .20,  the .16 version not only had the same choppy video problem but caused my only disconnect and i nearly lost the drone.
2018-7-17
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
United States

babycomeback77 Posted at 2018-7-17 09:30
I have the same choppy video problem and .16 was the worst version for me.

So it might be a "fix" for some but for others it is useless or worse...

If the drone did not perform acceptably right out the box, and you've absolutely confirmed that the device you are using is up to the task, and you've tested the various firmwares and apps as stated, and it still doesn't run correctly, you need to return that drone quickly while you can. 4.2.16 should work on most higher end android phones and tablets released in the last 2 years without a problem.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-7-13 17:52
I have never hade 1 problem with the MP or the Inspire. If you use the right IPad and take your time to learn your Drone you will not a problem.

Please spare us your condescending BS:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en&showAllReviews=true

The tsunami of complaints here tell a VERY different story!

Enough said
2018-7-17
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-17 11:46
Please spare us your condescending BS:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en&showAllReviews=true

Have you tried all the suggestions at the following?

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... e-on-android.43999/
2018-7-17
Use props
MrArcher
Second Officer
United States

Just be careful on Mavicpilots or any of their related sites. Loaded with affiliate click bait tied to often times retarded responses just offered to inject their cookies. Scumbags over there.
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-7-17 13:34
Have you tried all the suggestions at the following?

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/how-to-make-dji-go-behave-on-android.43999/

Text synopsis from MavicPilots thread on what to try...
Here is the text description:
1. Factory reset the device.
2. Remove Google now feed if exists.
3. Install dji go 4 app.
4. Disable battery optimization for dji go 4 app
5. And see if it works (no video shutters / disconnects, make sure you fly in wifi clean area).
6. Install the apps you need, carefully consider for every app if you really need it.
7. Disable run in background for other apps.
8. Remove all accessibility services.
9. In the app, disable video phone cache.

Before fight
1. Disable accounts sync.
2. Check memory state in the developer options, make sure you have around 700M free RAM, stop all services that are not system.
3. Stop bluetooth (If you use smartwatch it will disable its sync)
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules