My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"
12182 299 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

DJI automatically updated users DJI Go4 app to what has turned out to be a faulty version for many using Android devices. Many Android users now receive an intermittent but persistent blurry/pixelated video transmission from their DJI drone via the DJI Go4 app (https://www.google.com/search?q=dji+android+pixelated). Flying the drones in this manner makes the unit dangerous because the pixilation doesn't always happen until after the drone is launched and the pilot is left flying blindly.  

This issue has not been addressed in any prominent way by DJI. Many users do not find out about this bug until their drone is airborne as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it.

Let DJI know this is not acceptable by adding your review and comments here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

"as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it"

Yes it is.  Any drone operator (these people are NOT pilots) should always be careful after upgrading ANY part of the system and not just assume things.  Its all about being responsible and employing common sense.
And ultimately, its an RC toy, if it doesnt work land, troubleshoot, google or whatever then fix.  Its not life or death.
2018-7-23
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-23 08:05
"as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it"

Yes it is.  Any drone operator (these people are NOT pilots) should always be careful after upgrading ANY part of the system and not just assume things.  Its all about being responsible and employing common sense.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight .... maybe if you guys got off the forums and went outside once in awhile you could see what's happening in the rest of the world: https://www.google.com/search?q="drone+injury+lawyer"
2018-7-23
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-23 08:05

It's just a toy, right? https://www.google.com/search?q=%22drone+injury%22&tbm=isch
2018-7-23
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Just some of today's reviews at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

2018-7-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

OP has visibly run out of his suppositories, can anyone help him please?
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-23 13:04
OP has visibly run out of his suppositories, can anyone help him please?

I got an old boot...  would that work?
2018-7-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thinking more of barbed wire.  I think its a cuddly toy he wants more than a drone.
Meanwhile, everyone else is flying quite happily.
2018-7-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-23 08:36
It's just a toy, right? https://www.google.com/search?q=%22drone+injury%22&tbm=isch

You can break a leg falling over a slinky or injure yourself with lego.

Yes. its a toy.  Youre not a pilot.
2018-7-23
Use props
Owenphil
lvl.1

I was considering purchasing a Mavic Air or Mavic Pro but after reading all the firmware problems losing link to screen not sure I want to spend $1,000 on something so unreliable. You would think DJI would be more responsive to their Android users since there are more androids out there than Apple users.
2018-7-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-23 08:36

More idiots trying to catch a Mavic and get bit. The biggest thing is if it is online then it is true.
2018-7-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-23 12:52
Just some of today's reviews at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

It's the same at the iOS iPhone/iPad store > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-go-4/id1170452592?mt=8 but yet they still sell more drones than any other mfg'er. I love both my Mavic Pro's and my Android phones the Nexus 6 using 7.1.1 stock OS and my Pixel XL using Android 9 beta 3 and no problems so far.
2018-7-23
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89154 ft

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-23 16:19
It's the same at the iOS iPhone/iPad store > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-go-4/id1170452592?mt=8 but yet they still sell more drones than any other mfg'er. I love both my Mavic Pro's and my Android phones the Nexus 6 using 7.1.1 stock OS and my Pixel XL using Android 9 beta 3 and no problems so far.

rolling56 - I strongly suspect that if you updated your Nexus 6 to Android 8.1.0 and ran DJI 4.2.20 you'd hit the same problems as many others. If you do this can you please let this thread know if you hit problems or not?

It would be good evidence that the problem is or is not an interaction between Android 8.1.0 and DJI 4.2.20.
2018-7-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-7-24 02:54
rolling56 - I strongly suspect that if you updated your Nexus 6 to Android 8.1.0 and ran DJI 4.2.20 you'd hit the same problems as many others. If you do this can you please let this thread know if you hit problems or not?

It would be good evidence that the problem is or is not an interaction between Android 8.1.0 and DJI 4.2.20.

The Nexus 6 stopped being supported at 7.1.1 and i don't use ROM's anymore but i do Root my phones but both of my phone are stock and no root at this time.
So maybe people are using rooted phones with ROM's not released by Google? That might be the problem....
2018-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-2 07:48
This will probably upset a bunch of people out there, but I am running 4.2.20 on an Samsung running Android V 7.0 and I'm not having a single problem or flaw.  I've NEVER had a problem.  And I don't know why.  But I'm happy about it.

Most people are running quite happily on many many android devices.
These people dont come onto forums though.  Generally people post of forums when they want to moan or throw their toys out.  Internet forums generally filter towards the unhappy and angry purely for the reason happy people arent browsing or attention seeking.
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-23 13:33
You can break a leg falling over a slinky or injure yourself with lego.

Yes. its a toy.  Youre not a pilot.

Last time I checked a slinky and legos don't fall out of the sky with 4 spinning blades as the result of manufacture defect.

Also not that I really give a damn what you think but .... you're a pilot:
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/part_107/remote_pilot_cert/
2018-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-24 05:22
Last time I checked a slinky and legos don't fall out of the sky with 4 spinning blades as the result of manufacture defect.

Also not that I really give a damn what you think but .... you're a pilot:

4 spinning blades it doesnt fall.  Thats the whole point.  Its a toy you bought in a supermarket.
You're no more a "pilot" than the little old lady driving herself to church is a formula one driver.
The mavic requires zero knowledge of aviation law, met theory, aerodynamics or how things fly.  Its requires no piloting skills at all and you simply move it with a joystick.  Its a camera tripod.
To think any skill is required for that is utterly deluded.

You can buy radio control helicopters and kids toys.  They fall.  You can buy RC cars.  They hurt.  Kids can drop toys onto people and it hurts.  Your toy is no different.
In fact, there are more similarities, you acting like a spoilt 8 year old and throwing your toys out of the pram is another.

The mavic isnt a health hazard, its not dangerous, people are not getting hurt.  You're just whinging for attention.  People have told you the solutions and you cant be bothered to employ them, preferring instead to keep having a shouty-tantrum.

You really need to step back and remember the toy you bought like other toys is capable of hurting and isn't perfect but can be made to work more than well enough for most people IF you bother putting in a slight bit of effort.  Your problem is you expect things to be spoonfed.
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-24 05:50
4 spinning blades it doesnt fall.  Thats the whole point.  Its a toy you bought in a supermarket.
You're no more a "pilot" than the little old lady driving herself to church is a formula one driver.
The mavic requires zero knowledge of aviation law, met theory, aerodynamics or how things fly.  Its requires no piloting skills at all and you simply move it with a joystick.  Its a camera tripod.

Ooooh now I get it... sooooo when a company updates something and it stops working correctly that means *I'M* lazy ... Your logic makes you sound like an idiot. But by all means, keep name-calling and telling me I'm childish. smh
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

DJI automatically updated users DJI Go4 app to what has turned out to be a faulty version for many using Android devices. Many Android users now receive an intermittent but persistent blurry/pixelated video transmission from their DJI drone via the DJI Go4 app (https://www.google.com/search?q=dji+android+pixelated). Flying the drones in this manner makes the unit dangerous because the pixilation doesn't always happen until after the drone is launched and the pilot is left flying blindly.  

This issue has not been addressed in any prominent way by DJI. Many users do not find out about this bug until their drone is airborne as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it.

Let DJI know this is not acceptable by adding your review and comments here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-24
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Broken record or what! We heard you the first & second & third etc times!
2018-7-24
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-24 04:16
The Nexus 6 stopped being supported at 7.1.1 and i don't use ROM's anymore but i do Root my phones but both of my phone are stock and no root at this time.
So maybe people are using rooted phones with ROM's not released by Google? That might be the problem....

A good suggestion but no, that's not the problem. My Nexus 6P is running stock android 8.1.0 and has the issue with DJI 4.2.20.  The phone is not rooted.

2018-7-24
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-24 06:57

Yes, it's a real problem, a nasty problem.
Yes, it hasn't yet been addressed by DJI.
Yes, DJI have automatically updated the DJI GO 4 app - they did this purely by updating the DJI GO 4 app on Google Play Store. They haven't done anything else to cause the DJI GO 4 app to be updated.

Automatic app updating on Android can be turned off by turning off the "Auto-update apps" setting in "Play Store".
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-7-24 09:37
Broken record or what! We heard you the first & second & third etc times!

Is it fixed yet? .... no?  ... theeeeeeeeeen .....

Let DJI know this is not acceptable by adding your review and comments here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-24
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Good luck with your campaign and I hope you get a satisfactory conclusion, I REALLY mean that! Because then you might go away!!
2018-7-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-7-24 10:29
A good suggestion but no, that's not the problem. My Nexus 6P is running stock android 8.1.0 and has the issue with DJI 4.2.20.  The phone is not rooted.
@Sea Parrot
I have the Nexus 6 and not the Nexus 6P wasn't sure if you picked up on that? I do have experimental Android 9.0 beta 3 and it works fine with DJI Go4 4.2.21 603-playstore and my Pixel XL. And again no problems with the same app version with my Nexus 6 OS 7.1.1. Have a nice day  

Just to add to the Original Poster:
some of us take pride in our toys as some people call them. I call them tools for IRS reasons. Some of us need to.

I've learned a lot from the FAA and am still learning even more through the webinars. I am a FAA Part 107 sUAS Pilot and proud of it. One thing that stands out is Preflight check list and safety! Safety safety safety! Most of us will tell you we have either a mental list or a paper list. IF and i say IF i update the DJI GO4 app i do NOT go out and fly a job site. Same thing if i update a firmware not going to fly a job site. I always fly around my home to make sure it's not going to fly weird. I live in the county far from any airports or helipads etc. Once i decide the app/firmware has been proven then off i go to a job site.
We are flying in the US airspace which is controlled by the FAA whether you fly for fun or commercially. So grow up, check your toy out (as you call it) before you fly in a safe area to see if it can be proven first when updating anything on that AC you will be flying. You're going to hurt someone possibly and that is not kewl.

2018-7-24
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, you guys just need to treat this post like his other post and stop feeding him.

To help close this thread, this was the simple response that was posted in his other thread.

Simple, yet effective.

Hi all,

If i may,.my best advice is "Do not give a reaction on this kind of postings!"  Its so simple to do. Just  DON`T. So a next silly thread will only have a #1 post.
For all serious people on here, make this forum a forum where we all help and support each other. Many have question, many have answers, some answers are really good , some have the intentions to be really good. Don`t judge but give respect.

So i hope my post is the last in this thread!

Thanks all in advance.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

chalde Posted at 2018-7-24 15:21
Honestly, you guys just need to treat this post like his other post and stop feeding him.

To help close this thread, this was the simple response that was posted in his other thread.

Let me know how that works out for ya'
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

OK, I'll bite, I'm going to take DJI to small claims court and sue them....

FOR NOT BANNING THIS IQ-CHALLENGED TROLL OFF THE SITE WEEKS AGO!

Someone REALLY forgot to take their meds before going online the last few... Years? Holy christ!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I really tried with this guy. Please don’t waste your time to play with him. Let this thread RIP.
2018-7-24
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-7-24 22:50
You are going to ennoy lots of kids around that love to call each other PILOT or CAPTAIN lol

2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Hello to all the non-mentally-challenged people who have stumbled across this thread and still think; "Ya know what. It really IS NOT OK to put out updates for these drones that make them dangerous" ... I have NO IDEA what's wrong with all the morons who comment on this thread. They COULD just ignore it because as you can see they have NOTHING useful or helpful to say. They just troll. But if you are reading this and you're a reasonable person with half a brain; can I suggest that you continue to pressure DJI to correct this problem by reviewing the latest version of the DJI Go 4 app here:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

PS - Don't let the trolls fool ya' .. in the USA when you get a remote pilot certificate from the FAA you are by all means a "pilot".  Not that I give a damn what you call it but these buttheads were too lazy to read the FAA link I posted and just like to pretend they know stuff.  

Become a USA pilot (aka Drone Pilot):
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/part_107/remote_pilot_cert/
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

PSS - Dear cat food eating trolls,  the intimidation tactics aren't working. What else ya got?
2018-7-25
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3

In reply to rolling56's text : @Sea Parrot
I have the Nexus 6 and not the Nexus 6P wasn't sure if you picked up on that? I do have experimental Android 9.0 beta 3 and it works fine with DJI Go4 4.2.21 603-playstore and my Pixel XL. And again no problems with the same app version with my Nexus 6

Yes, I picked up you were using Nexus 6, thanks for the reclarification.
Good to hear Android 9.0 beta 3 runs fine with GO4 4.2.21    That's a useful data point, as the evidence (as far as I know) is that 4.2.21 runs fine with Android 7 and Android 9 but has issues with Android 8. That is something the DJI GO4 developers should be aware of.

Thanks again.
2018-7-25
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-7-25 05:51
In reply to rolling56's text : @Sea Parrot
I have the Nexus 6 and not the Nexus 6P wasn't sure if you picked up on that? I do have experimental Android 9.0 beta 3 and it works fine with DJI Go4 4.2.21 603-playstore and my Pixel XL. And again no problems with the same app version with my Nexus 6

I did have to uninstall the DJI Go4 app completely when i install 9.0 beta 3. By that i mean clear cache and clear storage in the apps storage and then force stop and then uninstall reboot then DL again and install then everything worked fine. Make sure you backup everything you want to keep before uninstalling! Hope this will help someone in the future.

Also thank you for the heads up if i ever go back to 8.1.0. Just like flying anything there are always times when something can go wrong. Even with the big boy planes/jets. Plane crashes happen everyday pretty much sad to say. Safety is a big thing with the FAA using Drones or any AirCraft.

Have a great day and fly safe!
2018-7-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It beggars the question, were you born stupid or did it just come naturally! If your drone is that much of a liability why on gods earth did you not return it to DJI as defective.
2018-7-25
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Please everyone, just IGNORE the troll.  Eventually I'm sure he will be eventually dealt with - hopefully severely, but until then, just let him play in the mud by himself.  There are simple solutions to his issue, but instead just chooses to complain and be disruptive.  Sad fellow...
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-7-25 06:58
It beggars the question, were you born stupid or did it just come naturally! If your drone is that much of a liability why on gods earth did you not return it to DJI as defective.

Amazing response. To imply I'm the stupid one and follow that up with a truly clueless question. Bravo!
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-25 07:13
Please everyone, just IGNORE the troll.  Eventually I'm sure he will be eventually dealt with - hopefully severely, but until then, just let him play in the mud by himself.  There are simple solutions to his issue, but instead just chooses to complain and be disruptive.  Sad fellow...

You keep saying this and I have yet to hear the simple solution from anyone (other than myself)
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules