lvl.2
Flight distance : 174288 ft

Apology accepted.
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

I have manually installed the version posted within this thread and will test it tomorrow.   
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-27 13:07
DJI automatically updated users DJI Go4 app to what has turned out to be a faulty version for many using Android devices. Many Android users now receive an intermittent but persistent blurry/pixelated video transmission from their DJI drone via the DJI Go4 app (https://www.google.com/search?q=dji+android+pixelated). Flying the drones in this manner makes the unit dangerous because the pixilation doesn't always happen until after the drone is launched and the pilot is left flying blindly.  

This issue has not been addressed in any prominent way by DJI. Many users do not find out about this bug until their drone is airborne as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it.

Flying the drones in this manner makes the unit dangerous because the pixilation doesn't always happen until after the drone is launched and the pilot is left flying blindly.

Pixlation happened to me today.  Took off, hardly got any distance in air and away from take off point and Live View started pixelation-smearing-blurring problem!  

The problem occurred without warning, despite Live View video stream after appearing fine on ground, during a brief hover, and at very start of outbound leg of flight.

And yes Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring probem has potential to be dangerous.  Very distracting when it happens, especially when we are forced to try to figure out the ''Cause''.  At least, in my test flight case the risk was minimal, as planned.

2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 19:41
I have manually installed the version posted within this thread and will test it tomorrow.   [view_image]

Best of Luck!  Seriously, hope it works for you!
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-27 20:39
Best of Luck!  Seriously, hope it works for you!

Did you revert back to the version listed in this thread?  
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 20:59
Did you revert back to the version listed in this thread?

Not yet.  But soon...

I know from past experience rolling Mavic Pro back from .0300 to .0200 got Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring problem to stop occurring.  Also know that returning to .0300 FW re-introduced the Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring problem, and that once again reverting back to .0200 (or .0100) got problem stopped.

Was hoping that with .0400 update, coupled to CrystalSky latest OS, and latested version of GO-4 - those together would elimiante Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring.  Now I am hoping that if and when I do revert to .0200 (or .0100), the Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring problem once again disappears.

2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-27 21:21
Not yet.  But soon...

I know from past experience rolling Mavic Pro back from .0300 to .0200 got Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring problem to stop occurring.  Also know that returning to .0300 FW re-introduced the Pixelation-Smearing-Blurring problem, and that once again reverting back to .0200 (or .0100) got problem stopped.

Gotcha

Which version is it exactly thats posted in this thread....  I dont recall.
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 21:38
Gotcha

Which version is it exactly thats posted in this thread....  I dont recall.

There has been talk (here and else where) of rolling Mavic Pro firmware back to .0200 or .0100.  A few have suggested going back to .0300 first.
There has also been talk about using GO-4 version 4.2.16, 4.2.14, and 4.2.12.

Adding to confusion is, those like me using CrystalSky also have to choose which combination Android / GO/GO-4 version to run, V02.06.03.00, V02.06.06.00, and if you have a copy a version prior to .06.03.00.

What needs to happen, and should have already happened is DJI Corporate Technical Support provide Official Guidance on what to revert too.  But that would take acknowledging there are problems.

Being DJI isn't talking, all we can do is theorize...
As flaky as pixelation-smearing-blurring problem is, coming / going when some people switch between GO-4 versions, while other people switch between Mavic Pro versions, and in few cases coming / going without doing anything more than different flight in same area; the cause appears to be a Bug in software.  There is possibility that there are two Bugs: one in GO-4 App and other one in Mavic Pro firmware.  Either or both can cause Live view video streaming problem. With both Bugs being related or in some way linked.  As in Bug B is result of code implemented that contained Bug A.
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

HedgeTrimmer.....

Vid feed is good.  Thus far.  lol

2018-7-28
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-28 04:44
HedgeTrimmer.....

Vid feed is good.  Thus far.  lol

Good to hear.  
Going to the previous App version was the work-around that got rid of it for me also.
2018-7-28
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

I see DJI is still sticking with Version 4.2.21 of the app ... smh
The reviews aren't getting any better: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&showAllReviews=true
2018-7-29
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

Only been nearly a month.   Be patient.

2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"

Can't say mine was a ''safety hazard '' today, but is ONLY because I picked remote large acreage private property to test Mavic Pro P.  Testing was done, after implementing DJI's suggestions of: reseting Mavic Pro P camera settings and resetting (aka format) microSD card.  

Went a few steps more trying to get Live view video problem resolved.  Swapped out microSD card with a spare, then formatted it in Mavic Pro; along with factory reset of CrystalSky and re-loading and re-freshing with OS v02.06.03.00 and GO-4 App v4.2.16.

Repeatedly during test flight, Live view Video stream pixelation-smearing-blurring problem would occur sometime after restoring Live view by exiting GO-4 and re-entering GO-4.  Had the test flight been in a public city area (like a park), the repeated pixelation-smearing-blurring problem could have resulted in a loss of control and person / property damage.

When pixelation-smearing-blurring problem occurs it is a serious distraction from your flying.  IMO - Best you can do is immediately hover drone, if nothing is overhead - raise drone to near RTH (in case you need it), then proceed to try to restore Live View Video Stream by exiting GO-4 and re-entering GO-4.

Word of warning: Exiting and re-entering GO-4 resulted in a false Height indication with GO-4.  Height was spot-on at start of flight.  Upon returning, Height on screen showed drone to be 20-feet up, when it was hoovering about 5-foot off ground.

2018-7-29
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Jebus HT....  what are you going to try next?  
2018-7-29
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

After many many android device tests,I love the androids, but in this case I have to declare useless for using them for controlling DJI devices, gimbals, drones, whatever don´t ask me why but the ratio of problems in iOS vs Android is 1 to 10,  easy solution is to get  a crystalsky or a working ioS device I use all this ios models with no problems at all , Iphone 7, 8 & X. (plus versions also) Ipad Mini 3,4, Ipad Pro 3,4,5 gen, Ipad Air 2, New Ipad 4&5 th gen.  Like Ive metion in other post the dji app is not working flawless with some drones and ios 11.4 so if you reach there and there is no way back, there is a temporary upgrade solution to get the ios 12 beta, actually working perfect with de djigo4 app, procedure not recommended if it is your primary device...
2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-29 20:28
Jebus HT....  what are you going to try next?

Have been considering the ''Windows Fix'' another member applied.  
As in tossed out window!
2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-29 20:58
After many many android device tests,I love the androids, but in this case I have to declare useless for using them for controlling DJI devices, gimbals, drones, whatever don´t ask me why but the ratio of problems in iOS vs Android is 1 to 10,  easy solution is to get  a crystalsky or a working ioS device I use all this ios models with no problems at all , Iphone 7, 8 & X. (plus versions also) Ipad Mini 3,4, Ipad Pro 3,4,5 gen, Ipad Air 2, New Ipad 4&5 th gen.  Like Ive metion in other post the dji app is not working flawless with some drones and ios 11.4 so if you reach there and there is no way back, there is a temporary upgrade solution to get the ios 12 beta, actually working perfect with de djigo4 app, procedure not recommended if it is your primary device...

easy solution is to get  a crystalsky

I would not recommend that as ''easy solution'' or ''a solution''.  CrystalSky runs Android OS.  

Before buying a CrystalSky, need to read through More / Accessories / CrystalSky forum area.
See this Un-reliability Poll

2018-7-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-29 16:25
I see DJI is still sticking with Version 4.2.21 of the app ... smh
The reviews aren't getting any better: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&showAllReviews=true

FrequentC,

Although we 'fell out' earlier in this thread, I have been following its progress and I now understand better what your intentions are i.e. get DJI to admit the problem & fix it.  I'd like to say that although I still don't have any problems with my iOS version of DJI Go, I fully sympathise with you and all the other android users that appear to be having an horrendous time!

Hopefully, you will take this as my apology for how our previous conversations degraded!!
2018-7-30
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-29 22:04
easy solution is to get  a crystalsky

I would not recommend that as ''easy solution'' or ''a solution''.  CrystalSky runs Android OS.  

Well, maybe some users are having issues with the CrystalSky, I only had 1 chance to test it 10 days ago, and it worked, my recommendation is based on the fact that I´ve tried them, this device was only tested with the Inspire2, there could be problems using other drones, i dont know that. Actually Im using ipad mini 4 with iOS 12 beta fully updated app and drones firms, i cant recommend this experimental setup, but really I have to say that is working amazing,, no disconnections,  no alerts like cpu overload or else, stable flight, low latency. Cheers...
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 16:16
Sometimes confidence is just the result of experience. It'll be an easy $2,500 to $10,000 win.  I'll revist this post in a few months with a picture of the check.

It's been over a year. Where's the picture of the check you were sure you'd have by now?
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules