Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Not Charging
31127 34 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

We can't get our Ronin-S to charge. Worked great on the intial charge but it won't charge. We even left it plugged in over the weekend but it still won't charge. Any ideas to fix this?

Thank you,
-Neil
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nail, sorry for the difficulties on charging, are you using the provided 24W Power Adapter and the USB-C cable? May we have a short video about the charging process for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-7-3
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-3 03:33
Nail, sorry for the difficulties on charging, are you using the provided 24W Power Adapter and the USB-C cable? May we have a short video about the charging process for further support? Thank you in advance.

Yes, using the included charger and cable. It's plugged into the  USB-C port, but it will not charge. I've remounted the head unit onto the battery handle and checked the contacts. It won't charge. Left it plugged in for like 4 days, still no charge. The grip shows 1 led and that's it.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3dbc098a Posted at 2018-7-5 10:05
Yes, using the included charger and cable. It's plugged into the  USB-C port, but it will not charge. I've remounted the head unit onto the battery handle and checked the contacts. It won't charge. Left it plugged in for like 4 days, still no charge. The grip shows 1 led and that's it.

Neil, we care much about your feedback, may I have a short video about the charging process so that we could forward the issue to our engineers for next resolution? Thank you in advance.
2018-7-5
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-5 23:53
Neil, we care much about your feedback, may I have a short video about the charging process so that we could forward the issue to our engineers for next resolution? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mindy,

The ronin-s wasn't charging so I sent it into the service for repair. They believe I had a faulty battery grip. Time will tell when I get it back if it is fixed. Just sucks brand new product and it doesn't work right out of the box.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3dbc098a Posted at 2018-7-9 13:49
Hi Mindy,

The ronin-s wasn't charging so I sent it into the service for repair. They believe I had a faulty battery grip. Time will tell when I get it back if it is fixed. Just sucks brand new product and it doesn't work right out of the box.

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the brand-new device, please let us know the case number if you have sent in the device to the official repair center, we will keep an eye on it.
2018-7-11
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 04:59
We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the brand-new device, please let us know the case number if you have sent in the device to the official repair center, we will keep an eye on it.

Thank you. I sent you a PM with the case number.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3dbc098a Posted at 2018-7-11 08:36
Thank you. I sent you a PM with the case number.

PM received with thanks, the Ronin-S has been checked in the system and our repair center will help to take care of it and get it addressed, please keep us updated if you need any assistance during this process.
2018-7-13
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-13 02:10
PM received with thanks, the Ronin-S has been checked in the system and our repair center will help to take care of it and get it addressed, please keep us updated if you need any assistance during this process.

Okay thanks... hopefully i don't need to wait too much longer!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3dbc098a Posted at 2018-7-13 12:36
Okay thanks... hopefully i don't need to wait too much longer!

You are welcome, have a nice weekend.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-14 01:50
You are welcome, have a nice weekend.

Well I got my Ronin-S back from warranty repair... and guess what... its still not charging... This is kind of a joke at this point.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3dbc098a Posted at 2018-9-5 15:25
Well I got my Ronin-S back from warranty repair... and guess what... its still not charging... This is kind of a joke at this point.

Hi there, sorry for the late response, upon checking the previous case, the grip has been replaced and shipped out after the quality evaluation, may I verify if you wait a moment to see if it can be charged? Are you using the included charger and cable?
2018-9-7
Use props
joepicard
lvl.1
United States

Neil, How did this resolve for you?
I have two battery grips and neither are changing, I wonder if something is wrong with the Ronin.
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

joepicard Posted at 11-10 23:36
I have two battery grips and neither are changing, I wonder if something is wrong with the Ronin.

Hi joepicard, sorry for the troubles with the battery, OP's battery/grip was damaged, therefore we replaced the module, may I know if you have tried other USB-cable or the power adapter?
2018-11-12
Use props
fansaba45832
New
Flight distance : 135322 ft
Australia

I have the same problem. Been on charge all week and still nothing. Can use it with power connected but that’s all. Battery won’t charge and I’ve tried everything mindy said. How can I fix or where do I send it to for repair. I’m in Australia
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaba45832 Posted at 11-18 21:37
I have the same problem. Been on charge all week and still nothing. Can use it with power connected but that’s all. Battery won’t charge and I’ve tried everything mindy said. How can I fix or where do I send it to for repair. I’m in Australia

Hi there, sorry for know you have the same issue, did you try another adapter? If the issue persists, it is recommended to send in for the evaluation, you can start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-11-19
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

joepicard Posted at 11-10 23:36

I did not fix it. I had to send it in to DJI support TWICE. It eventually got fixed by them replacing the main board and a cable that was unplugged internally I believe.
2018-11-23
Use props
fans3dbc098a
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansaba45832 Posted at 11-18 21:37
I have the same problem. Been on charge all week and still nothing. Can use it with power connected but that’s all. Battery won’t charge and I’ve tried everything mindy said. How can I fix or where do I send it to for repair. I’m in Australia

I did not fix it. I had to send it in to DJI support TWICE. It eventually got fixed by them replacing the main board and a cable that was unplugged internally I believe.
2018-11-23
Use props
DiogoG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48625 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem, now my Ronin-S wont charge, the battery leds are off, i try change the charger and cable, but does not work...

I am frustrated for buying this product, first because it is not 100% compatible with my camera a7s2, now with little use after 6 months it stopped working, I always had products of dji, ronin, phantom, mavic, but by far the Ronin S that's what frustrated me the most.

Someone fixed it? How i can send it to assistence, i living in brazil...
2019-4-7
Use props
Susan Heleen
lvl.1
South Africa

I have the same problem. What are you supposed to do if there are no service centers in your country? I live in South Africa.  Does one ship it for repairs?

I've been charging it with the supplied power adapter and USB-C over night and the indicating light won't move up a bar.
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_DJkFCuQ4Y9NJ
New
United States

My ronin s won’t charge I just pay $800 for this crap
2019-4-16
Use props
Kazry Kas Kazan
New
Singapore

my ronin-s won't charge. any service centre in singapore?
2019-4-20
Use props
DiogoG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48625 ft
Brazil

With exactly 7 months my ronin presented the same problem, the battery handle does not charge, in these months I used only a little in travel, I believe that a 5 times without unloading it completely. Still how amazing it seems the battery does not work. I contacted the global dji because in Brazil we do not have coverage and support, with the serial the support told me that it is a battery grip problem and I could not help myself, I would have to buy another grip, the answer was exactly that way. It's funny, because you buy an expensive product, yes, in Brazil an equipment that costs 3x more than in the US, the company that trusts and receives a response like that? It's a joke, in the next 6 months I need to change another battery? in 1 year I spent the price of an entire equipment only in batteries according to dji, I regret a lot of having purchased this product, should have chosen the another brand gimbal, more complete (including focus motor), with a slightly worse finish but with much longer durability. It's shameful, I have several dji products, including a Ronin (heavy), which works normally even with many years of use. After that, I'm waiting to buy a new battery grip, I'll install and sell the equipment. I do not trust that product anymore, imagine, if you close a contract and on the day of the job you can not use the equipment because it's already been 6 months and the battery will not work, it's ridiculous.
2019-4-26
Use props
Kazry Kas Kazan
New
Singapore

So there's no solution? And there's no agent here in Singapore. so what the fuck am i supposed to do now?
2019-5-23
Use props
djiuser_kuZIhIFAj2O6
New

United States

Ive had mine for a little over a month and the battery worked fine at first but all of a sudden it won't do anything at all. I've tried everything. I just sent it in, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a replacement. I'd like to know what could have cause it because I don't want it to happen again. Is it sensitive to heat? It's been pretty hot here where I live. It's the only thing I can think of cause it hasn't been mishandled in any way.
2019-8-29
Use props
fans55af6be2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The problem is that the Ronin-SC does not come with a charger plug, just a USB-C cable, but it only charges off of specific charger plugs. It charged fine using the charger plug from my Ronin-S but it won’t charge off of anything else. DJI need to fix this a provide SC owners with charger plugs that work
2019-11-28
Use props
Ronin SC user
lvl.1
Denmark

Same problem here. I bought an Apple USB-C charger (20volt output), inkl. a USB C cable. Now mine Ronin SC charge just fine.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ronin SC user
lvl.1
Denmark

This Apple USB C charger solved the problem for me.
2020-2-5
Use props
Williamsonjake1997
New
United States

Hi,

My DJI Robin SC is not working and I was hoping to get some insight into why.

First off, it will not charge with the USB-C chord that is plugged into the wall like normal. Not sure why this is.

Secondly, when it does come on very briefly M3 just shakes and the app tells me something is wrong with it. I didn’t even have a camera on it and this was happening.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jake
2020-6-7
Use props
localbard
New

United States

Hello November 21st 2020 haven't used the ronin s for a few months. Plugged it in this morning and it's not charging I have two bars but it's not charging. Need some advice
2020-11-21
Use props
localbard
New

United States

Nov 21 2020 haven't used the Ronin S for few months. Plugged it in this morning and not charging. Change USB cable no difference. Started with 2 bars over an hour still 2 bars. Here in Sedona to shoot some cool videos. This is a real bummer.!
2020-11-21
Use props
Zaven13
New

United States

I had the same charging problem using the Ronin-SC USB cable. I tried the USB-C cable/charger the came with my iPad and it charged fine. DJI, that might give you an idea
2021-2-13
Use props
fansebcbf65b
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here. The lightning bolt icon comes on for a second when I plug in the charging cable, then disappears. It used to work no problem.
2021-4-1
Use props
kjecorp
New

Macao

I had this same issue.  Have used the Ronin for a few years actually and it has never had any issue.  Suddenly, it stopped charging.  I read through this forum page and found a solution that worked for me.  The battery was fine.  It was the charging adapter that wasn't working.  I updated to the latest firmware using the DJI assistant, if that made any difference, and then I swapped out the charging adapter for one that I had for my Motorola Mobile.  It had the same style usb adapter plug and when I plugged it into the wall, and then tapped the battery once to light up, i could see those magical bars recharging again.  Going on a shoot tomorrow, and did not need this, but luckily, that is a fix.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules