Gimbal overload message on start up
2645 19 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

I just received my MP after sending in for repair of the Gimbal.  Just got it back last night, and trying it out today.
It seems to have come back with a new camera and preumably, a new gimbal as well, evidance by the protective cover on the lens.

On each starting up, there is always this dreaded "Gimbal Overload" message appearing, then it disappears after a few seconds.  I can turn the gimbal knob and it does respond quite ok, is there anything to worry about ?

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fred, sorry to know the drone still doesn't work well after the repair service, please double check if the gimbal vibration absorbing board is mounted properly (please refer to the tutorial video below), then try gimbal calibration and make sure all the firmware has been up to date. Please let us know if the issue persists.
2018-7-2
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks, I followed the video and checked the vibration aborbption board, they are properly in position.

There was a firmware incompatibility message, which after update, it is ok now.

I have put the MP through a test flight, albeit in calm conditions, there does not appear to have any problem, but just at the initial startup, the message comes on then disappears.

I have also just done a gimbal calibration, it went through successfully.

So should I ignore this gimbal overload message, and should I worry?

This is my case no. CAS-1802587-C6V3H9.

cheers
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fred F Posted at 2018-7-2 21:41
Thanks, I followed the video and checked the vibration aborbption board, they are properly in position.

There was a firmware incompatibility message, which after update, it is ok now.

Have you tried different mobile device just in case it is a false alarm by the APP?
Does the gimbal self-check normally after powering on? May I have a short video about the issue so that we can report to our engineers for further verification? Thank you in advance.
2018-7-2
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-2 23:18
Have you tried different mobile device just in case it is a false alarm by the APP?
Does the gimbal self-check normally after powering on? May I have a short video about the issue so that we can report to our engineers for further verification? Thank you in advance.

The mobile device works fine, it is working with the other MP that I have too.

The message happens when the gimbal goes through the start up, as the gimbal goes through the motion, and disappears when the gimbal finally settles to its normal position.

I shall endeavour to send you a video of the process asap.
2018-7-2
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-2 23:18
Does the gimbal self-check normally after powering on? May I have a short video about the issue so that we can report to our engineers for further verification? Thank you in advance.

Here is the video, notice the Gimal Motor Overload message comes on from 10th to 17th secs, whilst the MP starts up and going through the gimbal initialisation.

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fred F Posted at 2018-7-3 00:00
Here is the video, notice the Gimal Motor Overload message comes on from 10th to 17th secs, whilst the MP starts up and going through the gimbal initialisation.

Hi Fred, please try to remove the Anti-scratch sticker to see if the error persists, here is the picture for your reference.
GTScreenshot_20180703_173332.png
2018-7-3
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-3 01:33
Hi Fred, please try to remove the Anti-scratch sticker to see if the error persists, here is the picture for your reference.

Done that, but not helping.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fred F Posted at 2018-7-3 14:54
Done that, but not helping.

Sorry about this. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in again. This case has been forwarded to the designated team for further follow-up, they'll review and contact you during the working time soon.
2018-7-3
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-3 23:15
Sorry about this. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in again. This case has been forwarded to the designated team for further follow-up, they'll review and contact you during the working time soon.

Hi Susan,  if you remember, when you asked me to send it the unit, I was unfortunately on the way overseas, and had to take to unit with me. The problem at that time was only a short few seconds, and always corrected itself.

Now, I have flown it a few more times, and the problem has developed into almost a permanent error.  So I do need to send it back on returning to Australia in mid Nov.

Or I can send it into HKG, as I am on my way there,, and will stay there for 3 weeks before coming back to Australia.

Could you please advise what is best way to do this, as it was repaired in Australia.  Thanks.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Fred F Posted at 2018-10-2 21:26
Hi Susan,  if you remember, when you asked me to send it the unit, I was unfortunately on the way overseas, and had to take to unit with me. The problem at that time was only a short few seconds, and always corrected itself.

Now, I have flown it a few more times, and the problem has developed into almost a permanent error.  So I do need to send it back on returning to Australia in mid Nov.

Fred, sorry for this situation. If needed, you can take it to Hong Kong's quick service center, you can repair the drone on the service department at the flagship store, you can book a  repair at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/reserve.
You can also send it for repair when you're back to Australia. Thank you.
2018-10-2
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-2 22:50
Fred, sorry for this situation. If needed, you can take it to Hong Kong's quick service center, you can repair the drone on the service department at the flagship store, you can book a  repair at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/reserve.
You can also send it for repair when you're back to Australia. Thank you.

Thanks Susan, I presume that if I quoted the case #, it should be treated as warranty service repair either in Hong Kong or Australia, due to the fact that the fault existed immediately after the last repair.

Please confirm.

cheers
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans166cf434 Posted at 2018-10-10 14:20
I have a 7 month old Mavic Pro that i've only flown 6 or 7 times that has been babied and NEVER crashed / damaged in any way and I am being billed $124 for a "Gimbal Arm Module" @ $59 and $65 for repair.  It's the same motor overload message that i've read 100 times online, it appears to be a common problem with the MAVIC.

How fragile are these things? I had a P3S that I literally flew until the motors seized, I bet this has less than an hour in the air and already needs $125 worth of work? Is this going to happen every year on a BABIED Mavic Pro ???

Hello there, we are so sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided because it has been out the of the warranty period according to the date you reported to DJI.
May I know what WEB 1569982 is? May we have a link of it? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-10
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-10 23:35
Hi Fred, the drone will need to be evaluated first, our technicians will decide if the warranty service can be provided, thank you.

Thank you.  If the evaluation confirms a warranty service is warranted, then would I be able to get it repaired whilst in HK, even the faulty work was done by DJI Australia ?

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fred F Posted at 2018-10-11 12:34
Thank you.  If the evaluation confirms a warranty service is warranted, then would I be able to get it repaired whilst in HK, even the faulty work was done by DJI Australia ?

Hi Fred, I forgot to mention that we do not provide the international warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product.
Therefore, you will need to pay for the repair if you get it repaired in the HK quick service center, we recommend to send back to AU repair center when you are back to Australia.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans166cf434 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:14
When I contacted DJI through their website service section about the issue, the person said to refer to Web 1569982 which would show the next technician everything we've spoken about previously. [view_image]

It should be the number of the chat record, thanks for the clarification, your case will be escalated to the appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to follow up your case and keep you contacted, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans166cf434 Posted at 2018-10-11 20:10
Thank you, Mindy. I am a big fan of DJI but am shocked by the reliability and amazing quality of my P3S which I literally flew the crap out of it and the MAVIC is turning out to be the exact opposite already needing $125 worth of work with under 1 hour in the air.

Thanks

Nick, I understand, this is not the experience that we expected either, your case is following up by the higher team, hope it can be sorted out soon.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans166cf434 Posted at 2018-10-12 07:10
Does DJI offer any type of offers to buy back drones? I am not feeling too warm and fuzzy with the reliability of the Mavic?

Thanks

Sorry to let you have this feeling of our drone, we have this kind of activity named DJI Trade Up, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/pages/recycle?from=store_index_banner
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ntm941 Posted at 2018-10-19 15:44
Mindy,

I just heard DJI is going to warranty my drone, I am VERY pleased. I cannot edit / delete my posts, please help!

Hi ntm941, thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the case has been figured out. The package is on the way, you may receive it soon. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ntm941 Posted at 2018-10-20 06:18
Yes, can you delete all the posts from ntm941 and fans166cf434?

No problem, we will help to delete them.
2018-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules