Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I have found some problems to get my GH4 Zenmuse to work. In the assistent software it seems to work, as i move the knob on the transmitter the sliders are moving, but the gimbal does nothing.

Here is my setup:

DJI S900
A2 flight controler
GH4 HD Zenmuse Gimbal
Panasonic GH4
Lightbride (only for video transmission)
Futaba T14SG
Flytrex Live 3G

The Futaba is bound to the A2 controler correctly. I see the sliders react in the A2 assistent software when i move the sticks on the transmitter
All part are using the latest updates. The gimbal is working normal, but there is no control over it.

The gimbal CGU is connected to the A2 on can-bus 2 port.
The F2 on the A2 is connected to the tilt on the gimbal GCU
The F3 on the A2 is connected to the mode on the gimbal GCU
The F4 on the A2 is connected to the shut on the gimbal GCU.

The channels of the transmitter are map to D2, D3, D4.

What do i have to do to get this to work. What am i missing here.

I want to use a single pilot solution with the Futaba T14SG. I only need to control the mode, tilt and shutter function on the gimbal and GH4.
2015-5-18
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, GCU G7 interface can replace the remote controller's  control command, you can try unplugging the 7PIN cable to have a try . Or connect the 2 pin D-BUS cable from LB to A2 X2.
2015-5-19
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-19 16:14
Hi, GCU G7 interface can replace the remote controller's  control command, you can try unplugging th ...

Hi,

Thx for your anwser. I use the A2 as the reciever to control the S900, If i disconnect the G7 how do i get the video signal to the lightbridge?

Is the lightbridge in control of somthing? That is what i don't want. I want to use the 14 channels on te T14SG in combination with the A2 reciever.

Is that possible or is this the wrong way...
2015-5-19
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rinus Posted at 2015-5-19 17:44
Hi,

Thx for your anwser. I use the A2 as the reciever to control the S900, If i disconnect the G7 ...

Hi DJI support 8,

I have disconnect the G7 cable on the lightbridge and disconnect the X2 on the A2 controler from the lightbridge also.
I have control over de gimbal now. :-). And i have control the S900 also. All with the Futaba T14SG

But what connection must a make to get the HD video from the gimbal (Panasonic GH4) to the lightbridge?
2015-5-19
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rinus Posted at 2015-5-19 19:19
Hi DJI support 8,

I have disconnect the G7 cable on the lightbridge and disconnect the X2 on the  ...

DJI Support,

How many channels can i get if i use the lightbridge as a reciever.
The Lightbridge manual says:

"Do not use the DJI Lightbridge with other 2.4GHz devices, otherwise there may be some frequency interference. For example, if the DJI Lightbridge is used with a 2.4GHz remote control, you may experience an interrupted video feed and/or failure of the remote control."

So i think it is better not to use the A2 build in reciever next to the Lightbridge... But instead use the Lightbridge for aircraft control en gimbal control, do i have the 14 channels from the T14SG with this setup?

Kind regards
Rinus
2015-5-19
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Rinus Posted at 2015-5-20 06:07
DJI Support,

How many channels can i get if i use the lightbridge as a reciever.

No, you can only get 12 channels if you use LB as the receiver and to controll the gimbal and aircraft at the same time.
The wiring connection, you can refer to Page 21 of LB user manual in the link below
http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download
2015-5-25
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-25 18:26
No, you can only get 12 channels if you use LB as the receiver and to controll the gimbal and airc ...

I have 6 channels on the first remote (T14SG) to control the S900.
On the second remote (10J) i have 6 channels to control the gimbal.

Life feed from the GH4 with the Lightbridge.

Thats working fine now.

So no  single pilot at this moment.
2015-5-31
Use props
CanuckCrasher
lvl.1

Canada

Am I reading this correctly?  You can't have single pilot option using very expensive A2 flight controller only and channel mapping (18 potentially available channels!) via the assistant?  I have been trying various ways to make this work including using output of F2/D2 into the tilt port on GCU and nothing is happening just like Rinus.  It does the initialization dance and video with MarkII OSD is working fine but have zero control even though everything is moving on the computer under the A2 assistant Z15 gimbal control? So essentially, this panel is non-functional for Z15 gimbals, seriously?  
Only option according to above and what I can figure out from those wonderful manuals is to run with Lightbridge (how much for that system?) or have to run additional receiver with controller in addition to A2 link with its radio (how much for that system including A2) so I can take video with Z15-GH4 superduper gimbal with GH3 camera (how much for that system)?  You make very expensive products that don't integrate very well and in fact, should be embarrassed at the design incompetence considering the money you are asking for these devices.  I thought I would try forums before asking for official help.  I guess I will be contacting DJI directly to confirm this apparent design oversight and if any fixes are coming in future.  Very disappointed to spend all this money on what DJI calls professional grade equipment and it won't work together.
2015-8-4
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

CanuckCrasher Posted at 2015-8-5 10:09
Am I reading this correctly?  You can't have single pilot option using very expensive A2 flight cont ...

Hi, to answer your question, you can have one pilot control to control  the A2+ GH4 by using the A2's receiver. What you need to do is upgrade A2 to 2.5, connecting GCU to A2 can2 line. Don't forget to map mode channel in the assisntat. But precondition here is you don't use LB combo. AVL58 fits for this.
Should you use LB, the A2 and GH4's control would be done by LB, you can use one RC or two RCs, it depends on your acutual demand.
2015-8-5
Use props
CanuckCrasher
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-8-6 00:08
Hi, to answer your question, you can have one pilot control to control  the A2+ GH4 by using the A ...

I did all that including getting can bus to tie  GCU into can2 and leave port for GS.  I only managed to get the shut function to work.   OSD data regarding gimbal orientation also disappeared and while video is fine , Mark II OSD display is jumping around on monitor.  That is separate issue along with why GS won't load maps using Windows 8.  I've added GS and google earth plugin to firewall and antivirus safe lists but still won't load while I have excellent internet signal and am replying using the laptop that GS won't work in.  My wife's laptop is running windows 7 and GS is open while sitting beside this laptop which won't run.  I get message that internet isn't available and to run VPN mode which doesn't do anything.  Sure don't want to have to use Wife's laptop for GS.  I'll check some other forums for possible fixes but do you have any advice on this issue.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled several times,  
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules