Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Fin Damage Recommendations
1637 13 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RealBatMav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2211257 ft
United States

Hi guys,

Cam the pilot of the real BatMav here. I've had my Mavic for about 1.5 years now and I'm still dealing with the damage of an early crash where I broke a small plastic fin off of the back right arm structure. I have super glued it back on three times now using a small piece of paper to separate the surfaces from the foldable arm. However it keeps coming off. When the piece is not attached and not providing support from the arm moving too far upwards the blades (I have replaced the ones that made contact) make contact with the body and make a loud scrapping sound (and also damage the body and the blades...) especially in sport mode. When I realized this was happening I immediately glued the piece back on and made sure contact was no longer being made during flight. What are my options here? Is this a piece that could potentially be replaced with a new part? Any idea how much DJI might charge for repair and how long the process would take? No longer have DJI care, never used a claim but never felt like this was an issue warranting repair. Attaching pictures.

Fin damage with detached piece

Fin damage with detached piece

Fin detached with scrubbing visible from blades

Fin detached with scrubbing visible from blades
2018-7-2
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

I would change the whole arm if I were you.
It is sold with a full assembly, including the part that is broken in your pictures.
2018-7-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wouldn't continue to fly after that broke off, risk the leg daming things or coming off and mkaing repairs more expensive or time consuming.  

unfortunately that requires the entire body shell to be replaced i believe, they are attached to the bottom half so cant get away with the super easy top half replacement either so kinda all or nothing type deal, but atleast mavic pro will look fresh again....    good news is the shell is usually cheap on ebay and the typical sources.  since beyond typical warranty, it maybe worth trying..  just be careful and follow the endless tutorials online.
2018-7-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Mgozer Posted at 2018-7-2 23:49
It is sold with a full assembly, including the part that is broken in your pictures.

yup me too
2018-7-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

by the way welcome to the forum!
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely don't fly it until that is fixed.
2018-7-3
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

The arm from DJI is $20USD. The main body should be very cheap also. This is the pricing i got from DJI when i had my MP repaired. BTW- if you try to fix it again, use a good 2 part epoxy resin, like what comes with a fiberglass repair kit... personally, I would send it to DJI and let them fix it right.

2018-7-3
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

You can also try this guy in Georgia, "Thunder Drones".......

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwA37fpWnVtzuwTeBsRz15g
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I Would for sure get it done.  Absolutely do not fly with it like that.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since the Drone had a crash before the best thing we can do in this situation is to send the Drone in for repair. So that we will be able to check the Drone completely inside out. I will post the DJI online repair request link ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your DJI Mavic Pro. Thank you.
2018-7-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Agreed, I would do the same. Changing the whole arm is the safest solution.

2018-7-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Its not the arm that is broken according to the photo.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iMusk-O ... rds=mavic+pro+parts
has the parts you want.
2018-7-4
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-4 04:57
Its not the arm that is broken according to the photo.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iMusk-Original-Replacement-Intermediate-Quadcopter/dp/B0771HQVWL/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1530708748&sr=8-35&keywords=mavic+pro+parts
has the parts you want.

I guess not.
According to the first image of your link, the small pieces are the "caps" covering the screws of the FRONT arms.
2018-7-4
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

After some search...
Maybe this could be the solution:
rear right arm
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now