Blurry Images or Am I Going Insane?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7a317f00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202920 ft
United States

Hi All,

Hoping I can get some advice here. I have owned a Phantom 3 Advanced for just over a year now and love using it for photos and video. About 2 months ago I felt like the images I was taking were very blurry compared to the video files which were very sharp, regardless of the resuktion I was recording.

I contacted DJI support and after a long debug process using all different devices, settings etc, they finally advised me to return it so they could sort the issue as nothing they suiggested fixed it. I sent it to The Netherlands and after their inspection, they installed a new camera and also a motor (total charge cming to 220 euro!). I received the drone back last week and have been using iut now for a few days. I feel as if there has been no improvement and the images are still blurry but I'm not sure if I'm correct or am I just expecting too much from the raw images.

I'd appreciate if someone could review the images/video in the folder. the images and video are with the old camera before DJI's repair. The 2 DNG files in the .zip folder are with the new camera. I feel like the left and right edges of these images are out of focus. Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ded6p6 ... a%20Images.zip?dl=0

2018-7-3
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

These are no good files to evaulate possible camera issues.
Take pictures at 100 ISO only during the day with sun and contrast+detail.

The bridge was taken at ISO 435. Unless you like the heavy noise:
On the P4P images taken beyond IS0 200 are dramatically losing quality.
And shoot at 5.6 or near that, not 2.8

2018-7-3
Use props
fans7a317f00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202920 ft
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-3 01:45
These are no good files to evaulate possible camera issues.
Take pictures at 100 ISO only during the day with sun and contrast+detail.

Thanks for the response. I only have a Phantom 3 Advanced which has a fixed f/2.8 aperture. I had taken the images with the old camera in manual mode and the new ones in auto mode to see if there was an improvement. I'll take some in manual and see if the issue is still there.
2018-7-3
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419665 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue, most of the blur was center left area and edges clear. I sent it in to DJI and it my camera had issues and they replaced it. Fixed the problem. Costs around $200
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules