Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pictures Are Too White/Can't See Outdoors
1118 16 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

I am experiencing a weird situation:  My pictures are too "white" when I am outdoors.
Yesterday, i went on youtube and watched videos on proper camera/video calibrations.
Here are my settings:  ISO:100 (lowest setting possible).  Shutter speed: 60.  White Balances:  Sunny.

When i have my drone indoors, the colors are great.  Fine.  But when I step outside in the sun - the picture is so faded/white, I cannot see anything.

I contacted Support and they suggested I send it in for repairs since it's still under warranty.

Any ideas?  Much thanks....
2018-7-3
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

If you have manually set your shutter speed to 1/60th of a second, that is way to slow for outside (you'll be letting in way too much light). If you want to use that shutter speed, you will need an ND filter. Otherwise set it to Auto or up the shutter speed until the exposure is correct.
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah you are over exposed.  Since you are setting it manually you need to adjust it more than that.  The only way you are going to get that shutter is by having a ND filter on and depending on how bright like a ND 16 or ND32.  Keep adjusting the wheel till it is no longer white.  
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if the quality of your photos is the same on your SD card? Kindly restore the factory defaults of your camera. Check the attachment below.

2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, use an ND filter and set the camera to auto until they arrive. Your image is clearly over exposed. Were you honestly advised to return it for that? Remarkable!
2018-7-3
Use props
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-3 05:21
Yeah, use an ND filter and set the camera to auto until they arrive. Your image is clearly over exposed. Were you honestly advised to return it for that? Remarkable!

All,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Well, the pictures are better by adjusting it the wheel.  i feel like a dumb a**.  thanks for the help.
2018-7-3
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

Schwacker Posted at 2018-7-3 05:36
All,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Well, the pictures are better by adjusting it the wheel.  i feel like a dumb a**.  thanks for the help.

No need to feel like that. That's reserved for the person who told you it needed to be sent in for repair!!!
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All,

You're welcome. And don't feel like that. Better to ask and know than be ignorant.
2018-7-3
Use props
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

JelloMaster Posted at 2018-7-3 05:53
No need to feel like that. That's reserved for the person who told you it needed to be sent in for repair!!!

Yeah, that's what was weird during our chat mode yesterday.  He never suggested any calibration settings......i'm from Denver so i was planning to stop by the DJI store in Lone Tree over the weekend and see what they thought before I send my drone in......

Again, thanks...
2018-7-3
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The histogram is also a useful tool. This in a addition to a ND filter will help balance exposure, contrast and saturation.
2018-7-3
Use props
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

Guys - since you were quick to reply to my settings, I have another issue.  As stated before, the image quality has been resolved BUT when I rotate the drone, the image on my smartphone gets blurry for a second or two then comes into view.  So, I'm thinking, i have another setting that is delaying the image when I turn.  As you will see in the attached picture, the bottom portion of my screen is blurred.  Any ideas?

Thanks....and for the record, not my hands nor nails ;)

2018-7-3
Use props
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-3 06:07
You're welcome. And don't feel like that. Better to ask and know than be ignorant.

CW - any thoughts on my issue below?
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That may be caused by your device. Do you know anyone with an iPhone? like a 7 plus or higher
2018-7-3
Use props
Schwacker
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-3 07:49
That may be caused by your device. Do you know anyone with an iPhone? like a 7 plus or higher

But what's weird is that I haven't had this issue in the past.  it's my work phone and I rebooted it to refresh memory but it still gets blurry when i rotated the camera.
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schwacker Posted at 2018-7-3 08:10
But what's weird is that I haven't had this issue in the past.  it's my work phone and I rebooted it to refresh memory but it still gets blurry when i rotated the camera.

Very odd. Try the iPhone and see if that works OK - if not it may be something more serious
2018-7-3
Use props
shiner5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105282 ft
United States

All,

Learning as we go so don’t feel bad!
2018-7-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Schwacker Posted at 2018-7-3 08:10

Apparently the latest update on Android (4.2.20) caused the blury issue. Which version of DJI GO are you using?
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules