Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
doing a long range and with this message I almost had a heart attack
604 7 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZmaroSobrinho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I made a longrange to 2500m. On the turn the drone lost the signal for a few seconds and returned in automatic rth. When the signal came back I took control and kept giving this message (see attach).
At the time I was very afraid the drone would want to land right there at 1400m. Is this an app bug or is there something wrong with the drone?
Is there a risk that in such a situation the drone would ignore my commands and resolve to land there where I was?

longsaprkkk.jpg
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi ZmaroSobrinho, we deeply apologize for the experience that you have with the aircraft. Can we please know the if you tried to set the maximum altitude on the app? Also have you tried to calibrate the compass and IMU prior to flight? We also need to consider though this is an open field, interference can still be available as you said that it was disconnected and initiated RTH.
2018-7-3
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

The ADI looks like the drone is returning from behind you to your right rear quarter.  You are facing south while the drone is north of you?  Probably a warning message that the flight capability is now limited because the drone ran into issues such as the signal cutting out during the flight.

Software taking care of negligent pilots that keep flying around with intermittent remote controller links?
2018-7-3
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-3 09:01
Hi ZmaroSobrinho, we deeply apologize for the experience that you have with the aircraft. Can we please know the if you tried to set the maximum altitude on the app? Also have you tried to calibrate the compass and IMU prior to flight? We also need to consider though this is an open field, interference can still be available as you said that it was disconnected and initiated RTH.

the maximum altitude is set at 250m.

Note that I went straight to 2500m away. On the return that the signal loss occurred and the return to home.

only when the drone was near, at 1400m I tried to cancel the return to home to manually return in sport mode.

I'm currently out of the house and I can not send the log by dji go assistant, but I uploaded it to the airdata: https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... b3801f37bca2bce6477

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... b3801f37bca2bce6477
2018-7-3
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-3 09:02
The ADI looks like the drone is returning from behind you to your right rear quarter.  You are facing south while the drone is north of you?  Probably a warning message that the flight capability is now limited because the drone ran into issues such as the signal cutting out during the flight.

Software taking care of negligent pilots that keep flying around with intermittent remote controller links?

i calibrated compass and wait gps signal. See the log and messages: https://app.airdata.com/main?cha ... b3801f37bca2bce6477

2018-7-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd say, the drone did not let you control it, till it reached the 30/50m
Was the drone reducing the height during the return? Or was it staying on the 138m's?
I know, if you (I) change the max height from, lets say from 100 to 30, the drone is autoreducing that height slowly to the 30.
Isn't 30/50 Beginnermode limitations?
After landing, did you see that again?

Btw: nice distance!

2018-7-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Don't worry, it's just a bug in the DJI GO app.
Which version of DJI GO are you using?
There was a bug in an older version of DJI GO where it would display that exact warning whenever signal is lost between the RC and the drone.
The latest 4.2.22 fixed the bug as far as I'm aware.

2018-7-3
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-7-3 09:54
Don't worry, it's just a bug in the DJI GO app.
Which version of DJI GO are you using?
There was a bug in an older version of DJI GO where it would display that exact warning whenever signal is lost between the RC and the drone.

i'm using this: 4.2.20
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules