728 11 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Today I received my Inspire Aircraft frame replacement from the repair team  and I found out that the red propellers, when mounted and pulled around with a finger, are vibrating badly producing a rattling sound that's all but reassuring.The propellers clamps looks like they are tightly screwed togheter with the motor part so I'm not sure if the red props are defective or not...
The previous model had loose clamps even when the screwes were tightened at max so I tought the rattling was due to that but now...?
It took 22 damn days to get my aircraft repaired and I just can't tollerate to send it again back and forth from holland...I really need to work with this thing.
Hints and solutions?

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you send a sample video indicating the issue with your propellers? So that we can identify if that noise is normal or not.
2018-7-3
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

The rattling is due to tolerance issues relative to how the prop sits on the hub. The material DJI has used is incredibly tough and tends to stretch rather than crack.  Over time, all the inspire 2 props develop it, and depending on who you ask, it's either nothing to worry about, or it will cause worldwide calamity. Me, I have hundreds of flights on a set of props that began rattling after the second flight, so put me in the former category. Some will argue that the rattling affects flight negatively, others will argue that it doesn't and actually can help minimize stress on the craft.
2018-7-3
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

here is a quick video https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw6wymb4mjelc08/rattling_propellers.mp4?dl=0

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you for the video. Do you have spare propellers? Did you try it with other red propellers and see if it's the same as the one that you have in the video?
2018-7-3
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

No spare propellers, tbey got destroyed due to he crash that led me to send the inspire to the repair team. Anyway they rattled as well, 3 out of four props to say the truth, two red prips and one white. On the prvious bird I even changed 2 other sets of brand nee clamps but did not help.
2018-7-3
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

As I have said in the past, the rattling is not a big deal. It sounds worse then it really is because when you spin them slowly, the props act as a speaker in a way and amplify the sound. Once the motors are turned on, you no longer hear any rattling. This is because the centrifugal force is so great that it locks the props in position and they no longer have the movements that causes the rattle sound.

Regards,
Tom  
2018-7-4
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

It's not about the sound they make but the vibrations they might produce while flying. It's a safety issue and I'm getting no answers from DJI.
2018-7-4
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-7-4 11:18
It's not about the sound they make but the vibrations they might produce while flying. It's a safety issue and I'm getting no answers from DJI.

I agree with you. The appalling quality control of the Inspire 2 is shocking. I have never been able to get anything more than 'it is an acceptable tolerance' from DJI. These wobbling props cause severe vibration and instability that you can see when in fight. It has also arguably the cause of motor detachment from the drone. DJI don't care as long as the money keeps rolling in....
2018-7-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-7-4 11:18

Rest assured the rattling is not an issue. If it annoys you, put some tape between the prop base and the hub. Red props more affected than white.

Barry G who answered earlier is a professional pilot and if you have been around this forum and others, you'll know his advice is expert and reliable.

I've flown the I2 in 3 continents under different weather conditions and its a fine aircraft all round. Enjoy you flying and worry less.
2018-7-5
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I'm sure these tollerances will make for an unusable drone when EU regulation will force a certification on these machines in order to fly and I'll have to throw my UAS out of the window...with motors off. The worst thing is that DJI doesn't directly tell you: everything it's ok, it' perfectly safe to fly. Ask yourself why.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-7-5 20:29
I'm sure these tollerances will make for an unusable drone when EU regulation will force a certification on these machines in order to fly and I'll have to throw my UAS out of the window...with motors off. The worst thing is that DJI doesn't directly tell you: everything it's ok, it' perfectly safe to fly. Ask yourself why.

Hello. Sorry for the late response. As long as it doesn't appear any error message on the app, it's good to go. The app and the aircraft will restrict you to fly if there will be some motor problem. I highly suggest to hover it first to see if it's working fine.
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules