2565 41 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure how this will work here, but tried uploading my first ever Instagram TV (IGTV) video.  Not sure I'm too excited about the vertical format, but this video of the fireworks I caught the other night with my Mavic Air seemed to fit the vertical format fairly well.  Unfortunately the Mavic Air's small battery life almost made it so that I missed capturing the fireworks finale!  I launched the Air when the show first started.  I started getting a low battery warning while the show was still going, so I landed it and while I was swapping batteries, the finale kicked in.  I rushed to get the Air back up in the sky to capture the ending....

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BkxyWQCFuZv/  <---Click on the instagram link to watch the video

p.s.  DJI Admins, it would be great if the forum software here could present a preview of the IGTV video here like it does when sharing a YouTube video.

EDIT:  Since the IGTV version is a bit less than intuitive to watch, I've also uploaded to YouTube.

thumbnail2.png
2018-7-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Very nice shot.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Woe!
2018-7-3
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the other reason that I was so excited to get mine back this week.  I'm planning to send mine up tomorrow and get video / images of the fireworks surrounding the house.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-7-3 10:48
This is the other reason that I was so excited to get mine back this week.  I'm planning to send mine up tomorrow and get video / images of the fireworks surrounding the house.

This was at a local church a couple miles down the road from me.  Tonight another community a couple of miles in the other direction is having their firework show that I'm planning to go to as well.  
2018-7-3
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 10:51
This was at a local church a couple miles down the road from me.  Tonight another community is having their firework show that I'm planning to go to as well.

The church that is about 2000 ft away does fireworks every 4th of July.  The City also sponsors a fireworks display at the lake that is about 1 mile away.  I'm not sure where the 3rd display comes from, but  I've seen it for the past 2 years.  I'm excited about seeing all 3 of them from the perspective of my Mavic Air
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Really great job, maybe more batteries, but really clean footage.
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

That is a really cool shot.  
2018-7-3
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Great looking image of the fireworks display.
From what I can see of the cars at the bottom looks like the whole town was there.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-3 11:00
Really great job, maybe more batteries, but really clean footage.

I’ve got plenty of batteries. Each one just doesn’t last long enough to capture even a short show like the one at this church.
2018-7-3
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Nice capture of the tail of one going up through the center.
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 11:25
I’ve got plenty of batteries. Each one just doesn’t last long enough to capture even a short show like the one at this church.

Ah you’ll be ok when you get your new Mavic Pro 2, 33min flight time, your thumbs will be sore before you get it down. ;+)....
2018-7-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Very nice indeed, fabulous footage well done indeed.
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Just watched the video and it is very good.  Very good job KlooGee
2018-7-3
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Ahhh Bummer.. Nice pic though
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-3 13:03
Ahhh Bummer.. Nice pic though

Thanks for the kind word.  

Did you watch the IGTV video or just check out the picture?  Just curious because I'm testing this format of sharing videos via IGTV and to me it seems like its not intuitive for users to actually watch the videos from other platforms like this forum.

2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 12:24
Just watched the video and it is very good.  Very good job KlooGee

Thanks SparksBird!  I'm curious, when you first checked it out, did you just look at the picture and think that was it without a video?  I'm curious because for me, it doesn't seem intuitive for users to actually watch the video on IGTV when trying to share via another platform like this forum.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-3 12:20
Ah you’ll be ok when you get your new Mavic Pro 2, 33min flight time, your thumbs will be sore before you get it down. ;+)....

I'm sure I can build up some strength in my thumbs eventually to handle all of that air time!  I can't wait to see what secrets they have in store for us on the 18th!
2018-7-3
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 13:09
Thanks for the kind word.  

Did you watch the IGTV video or just check out the picture?  Just curious because I'm testing this format of sharing videos via IGTV and to me it seems like its not intuitive for users to actually watch the videos from other platforms like this forum.

I checked it out from my phone.  Looked good.  I haven't created content yet for IGTV because I am not a fan of portrait drone content
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 13:11
Thanks SparksBird!  I'm curious, when you first checked it out, did you just look at the picture and think that was it without a video?  I'm curious because for me, it doesn't seem intuitive for users to actually watch the video on IGTV when trying to share via another platform like this forum.

Yes exactly and wish that like you mentioned can embed the video like you can with yt.  But then I remember you mentioning video so went back and watched it.  A big pain you would think that you can embed more than just using yt and I think vimeo for videos.  
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-3 13:15
I checked it out from my phone.  Looked good.  I haven't created content yet for IGTV because I am not a fan of portrait drone content

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the vertical format of IGTV either.  I think this is one of the few cases I think it makes sense for me with drone footage since the fireworks were all coming from a very narrow area.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 13:16
Yes exactly and wish that like you mentioned can embed the video like you can with yt.  But then I remember you mentioning video so went back and watched it.  A big pain you would think that you can embed more than just using yt and I think vimeo for videos.

I think IGTV doesn't make it obvious for users either.  As far as I can tell, even once you are on the IGTV page for this particular video, there is no indication it is actually a video that you can click on to play.  It just looks like an image.  If I do future videos, I may have to overlay a play button on top of the thumbnail...
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 13:20
I think IGTV doesn't make it obvious for users either.  As far as I can tell, even once you are on the IGTV page for this particular video, there is no indication it is actually a video that you can click on to play.  It just looks like an image.  If I do future videos, I may have to overlay a play button on top of the thumbnail...

Yeah I noticed that as well I thought it was just an image then clicked on it and started playing.  Interesting.  Either way great video.  Hoping to get some firework footage tomorrow night with my MP.  
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 13:24
Yeah I noticed that as well I thought it was just an image then clicked on it and started playing.  Interesting.  Either way great video.  Hoping to get some firework footage tomorrow night with my MP.

And now it looks like I can't even update the thumbnail for the video...  Not sure how well IGTV is going to progress if they can't even enable simple things like that for creators.
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I decided to go ahead and upload to YouTube even though the aspect ratio was set up for IGTV.  I think its a bit easier for people to access on YouTube rather than IGTV.

2018-7-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Happy Independence Day Kloo, to You and your Family ! And to all the Americans !

Real Amazing Footage !
2018-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-3 15:50
Happy Independence Day Kloo, to You and your Family ! And to all the Americans !

Real Amazing Footage !

Thanks Bro!
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-3 15:41
I decided to go ahead and upload to YouTube even though the aspect ratio was set up for IGTV.  I think its a bit easier for people to access on YouTube rather than IGTV.

https://youtu.be/oW1c5p1gCBk

Excellent I see you took my advice on YT ;)  Very good video my friend keep them coming I always enjoy your videos on your channel.  
2018-7-3
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Love it!
Thanks!
2018-7-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Good one - Happy 4th
2018-7-3
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

It is really nice to capture fireworks using drone
2018-7-3
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Great editing. Happy indipendence day for you and for all.
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool vid KLOO GEE.
Happy Independence Day to all our American friends.
2018-7-4
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I'm very impressed with the clarity given the low light and contrast. Is it down to the awesome camera on the Air, or your own skill with the settings Kloo Gee???
2018-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-7-4 01:04
I'm very impressed with the clarity given the low light and contrast. Is it down to the awesome camera on the Air, or your own skill with the settings Kloo Gee???

I'm sure its got to be the machine!  Not much skill present here!  Lol!
2018-7-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video, especially given the dark circumstances
2018-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer