AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED
5095 23 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nayo512
New
Mexico

Bought my Mavic Air on December 2017 I have flown it many times with no problems always updated before each flight i recalibrate it taking every precaution,
i have noticed in my recent flights AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED i still have full control on the RC but cant see anything on my iPhone 7, i have taken it to a certified DJI Repair center here in Mexico City and they cant seem to help me and even tried charging me just for looking at it (literally)
                  PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!
2018-7-3
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's happened to me before. Just fly with cautious or activate RTH.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Nayo, we are sorry to hear the inconvenience this have brought you. Can you please check if we have the latest firmware? Or have you tried to use a different cable?
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s your live video feed that is disconnected, have you tried putting your aircraft in airplane mode, also what device are you using ?
BTW Mavic Air was not released until 23rd January, so maybe you have a Mavic pro .
2018-7-3
Use props
Nayo512
New
Mexico

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-3 10:53
It’s your live video feed that is disconnected, have you tried putting your aircraft in airplane mode, also what device are you using ?
BTW Mavic Air was not released until 23rd January, so maybe you have a Mavic pro .

Yeah i have Mavic Pro sorry
2018-7-3
Use props
Nayo512
New
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-3 10:51
Hi Nayo, we are sorry to hear the inconvenience this have brought you. Can you please check if we have the latest firmware? Or have you tried to use a different cable?

yes i have the latest firmware for the Mavic Pro
2018-7-3
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI GO 4 app at present is a little unreliable. Both my Air and Pro disconnect randomly and frequently.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nayo512 Posted at 2018-7-3 10:57
yes i have the latest firmware for the Mavic Pro

Nayo you can try the following steps:

1. Try to re-link the remote to the aircraft again if “CONNECTING” is shown on the remote controller’s LCD screen.

2. If this issue occured after the firmware update, check if the remote controller firmware and the aircraft firmware have been updated successfully or both are updated, or try to update them again by re-flashing the firmware.

3. You can tap “Reset Camera Settings” on the DJI GO 4 app.

4. If the issue occurred when the aircraft is in an area free of interference, it is suggested to use a mobile device on the Recommended Device List.

5. Check the DJI GO 4 app, tap “HD” and check the channel status under Image Transmission Settings. If the current channels are not stable, check the position of the antennas on the remote controller.

6. Check the photo or video on a computer if they are normal. If normal, image transmission is malfunctioning. If its not normal, the camera is malfunctioning. In this case, use the Online Repair Request to send the air-craft to DJI for diagnosis.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair

7. Try to toggle the Control Mode Switch between the remote controller mode and Wi-Fi mode.If image transmission becomes normal after the Control Mode Switch is toggled to Wi-Fi mode, the remote controller is malfunctioning.

Please use the Online Repair Request to send the aircraft or remote controller to DJI.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair

2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

You said in OP that you have mavic air but you show having Mavic Pro?  If you have the Mavic Pro(not sure if same with MA) try using your supplied phone cable and use the bottom port of the controller. You need to unplug the side port on the controller if using the bottom port or you will not connect.  This will rule out a faulty mavic cable and side port being bad.  
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

You say you get aircraft disconnected but you say you still have full control with the remote?  To me that means your AC does not disconnect with your RC but your phone is disconnecting with the remote.  Do what I said and also put your phone in airplane mode.  I occasionally get phone to rc disconnects but putting in airplane mode I never do.  Seems these iphones interfere with the remote.  Try both suggestions and let me know.
2018-7-3
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

If wearing a Apple watch, turn that off too. Had seen many guys get interference and other disconnects and it was due to their Apple watch. Sort of reaching there, adn I bet it's more the app than anything else.

currently iOS and Android users are having bad experiences like yours with the latest Go4 app. iOS is a little more difficult to roll back, but some guys have done so and their app is stable on previous versions.
2018-7-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kindly correct your post. Mavic Air was not on the market in December 2017, you have a Mavic Pro.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Please keep us posted if you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-3
Use props
Nayo512
New
Mexico

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 12:30
You say you get aircraft disconnected but you say you still have full control with the remote?  To me that means your AC does not disconnect with your RC but your phone is disconnecting with the remote.  Do what I said and also put your phone in airplane mode.  I occasionally get phone to rc disconnects but putting in airplane mode I never do.  Seems these iphones interfere with the remote.  Try both suggestions and let me know.

Thank you I will try doing what you recommend hopefully this will fix the problem
2018-7-3
Use props
Nayo512
New
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-3 12:20
Nayo you can try the following steps:

1. Try to re-link the remote to the aircraft again if “CONNECTING” is shown on the remote controller’s LCD screen.

Both the RC and the Mavic PRO are up to date, I just downloaded the firmware again using the DJI Assistant 2, I will let you know if that does the trick, also i will try what was suggested by the other people who commented here
2018-7-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 12:30

Good Suggestion Spark, like that he will know whats giving this Disconnection Issue.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, do you suggest I use the Side or the Bottom Connection for the OTG please ?

Thanks Buddy !
2018-7-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-3 15:12
Good Suggestion Spark, like that he will know whats giving this Disconnection Issue.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum, do you suggest I use the Side or the Bottom Connection for the OTG please ?

Really either works.  The side port most will use typically with their smart phone devices that fit directly in the holder but the bottom port is typically for those that use a tablet or large device that will not fit in the holder without a mount of some kind.  But as far as functionality goes they are really the same thing so more of a personal preference and also can aid in troubleshooting if one detects the side cable or port is bad as the bottom port also allows you to use your own oem device provided cable.
2018-7-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-3 16:48
Really either works.  The side port most will use typically with their smart phone devices that fit directly in the holder but the bottom port is typically for those that use a tablet or large device that will not fit in the holder without a mount of some kind.  But as far as functionality goes they are really the same thing so more of a personal preference and also can aid in troubleshooting if one detects the side cable or port is bad as the bottom port also allows you to use your own oem device provided cable.

Thank you Sparks for the Good Explanation. It makes real sense.

I will keep that in mind. I use the IPhone 7+ so I will be using the Side Port.

2018-7-4
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=163263&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/EsG1rHNFseQ
2018-8-26
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

I have been having similar Aircraft Disconnect issue w/Mavic Pro this past week. I am using DJI Crystal Sky + DJI mount that has built-in cable that connects to thebig USB port atthe botom of the controller. I had been using this setup for the bast 6-7 months w/no issue until lately.

For me to replace the cable, I need to buy a complete adapter w/builtin cable.

If it is a cable issue, why is the problem intermittent. In my case, when I get the "Aircraft Disconnected" message, I can reconnect by turning off/on the remote controller. This will establish connection withthe GO4 app. This tells me that the issue is not the cable.

Also, I have noticed two modes of disconnections. If I unplug the USB cable from the remote, the GO4 app reports "Disconnected". In the other mode, the GO4 app reports "Aircraft Disconnected"

So, my guess is if you get just "Disconnected" message, then it is possibly cable related. If you get "Aircraft Disconnected", then there is another issue (possible software/firmware related)
2018-8-26
Use props
parseval43
lvl.1
Germany

SRQ-FL Posted at 2018-8-26 16:57
I have been having similar Aircraft Disconnect issue w/Mavic Pro this past week. I am using DJI Crystal Sky + DJI mount that has built-in cable that connects to thebig USB port atthe botom of the controller. I had been using this setup for the bast 6-7 months w/no issue until lately.

For me to replace the cable, I need to buy a complete adapter w/builtin cable.

You are right and I think is the same. The cable is not disconnected since the warning given by the app is different. It must be some interference with watches or even the phone.

Have you solved your problem?
2019-2-10
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Please have a look at this video. It solved all my problems with the Air. I chased my tail looking for the problem about 8 months ago. I stumbled on this video and have never had a disconnect since.  Get rid of those crap cables that DJI supplies with the quad. They simply do not work. Please do what Tim says and your problem will go away!!
2019-2-10
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-10 15:25
Please have a look at this video. It solved all my problems with the Air. I chased my tail looking for the problem about 8 months ago. I stumbled on this video and have never had a disconnect since.  Get rid of those crap cables that DJI supplies with the quad. They simply do not work. Please do what Tim says and your problem will go away!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t1Lf_dxeHE

Here's the cable I use to connect the remote control to my Samsung tablet. It has a right-angle connector at the tablet end that prevents the cable from sticking out and getting in the way. I've been using this setup for the past six months and it's worked flawlessly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Larry
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules