DJI Go Mapbox blank box
3156 3 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ferllyr
New
United States

I am using DJI Go 3.1.42 on an Android tablet with my P3 Standard.  The Mapbox comes up as a black box.  I can zoom it out to see a map of the whole united states but zooming in provides no detail at all.  
I have seen some discussion threads on other boards about loading 3.0.0 APK but do not want to do that unless it is the correct thing to do.

Please help

Roland
Bristol RI

2018-7-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Roland,

It looks like you have all the right software.  How long are you letting it load the maps?  This is a new map set (new map program) so it does take a while in the beginning.

May I suggest that you put your device close to your WiFi transmitter and let it load the maps.  Does your device have GPS?  That way the maps will load for your area.  If your locations is not enabled, it might help if you enabled it so the maps will load faster.

In my own case, I often have to take my Remote Controller and device over close to my WiFi transmitter (near my open front door) while my P3 Pro is sitting on the launch pad in the backyard.  Then once it is loaded, I can take-off.

This problem is mostly about loading the maps from the Internet.  So, anything you can do to make that work better is going to help.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-4
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

It's djis bad software when your inside the map you need to connect to a network then the map will load they don't tell you that on Android but they do tell you on apple
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cartelz Posted at 2018-7-4 03:19
It's djis bad software when your inside the map you need to connect to a network then the map will load they don't tell you that on Android but they do tell you on apple

It’s too bad that the iOS and Android versions weren’t exactly the same. Not just similar...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules