Carbon Fiber Props - Junk!
921 9 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyboy P3S
lvl.1

United States

The carbon fiber props I ordered off of eBay came in this afternoon, so I thought I'd try them out. The first thing I noticed was that the drone (in GPS mode) wouldn't hold altitude properly - it kept drifting and losing altitude. I landed and double-checked that the props were in the proper position - they were. I also checked the balance beforehand and they seemed OK.

Can't say I'm very impressed at all with these things. Anyone else had any bad experiences with carbon props?
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. DJI does not recommend carbon fiber propellers because these propellers causes signal interference. We do not recommend 3rd party device on your Drone for compatibility and reliability purposes.
2018-7-3
Use props
Flyboy P3S
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-3 16:24
Hi. Thank you for the information. DJI does not recommend carbon fiber propellers because these propellers causes signal interference. We do not recommend 3rd party device on your Drone for compatibility and reliability purposes.

I can see why. I've removed them and will be sending them back to the seller.

2018-7-3
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

https://www.masterairscrew.com/p ... riant=1241399754775

I'm thinking about ordering these to see if they are more quiet or produce more thrust.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/dji-phantom-propellers
2018-9-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like more junk.
2018-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I did not want them anyway...

Just thought they looked cool.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-3
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-3 16:49
I did not want them anyway...

i own 2 pairs which made drone faster and quieter,never had any problems until i decided to buy another set since they do improve speed and noise at least for me it did but then the new ones arrived and just like the problems you encountered  i also encountered so i think it may be just the seller has faulty unbalanced props.
2018-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rubyduby Posted at 2018-10-4 14:44
i own 2 pairs which made drone faster and quieter,never had any problems until i decided to buy another set since they do improve speed and noise at least for me it did but then the new ones arrived and just like the problems you encountered  i also encountered so i think it may be just the seller has faulty unbalanced props.

Made your drone faster?   Really?
Since speed is controller by the flight controller, it's hard to see how.
Care to post flight data to back up this claim?
2018-10-4
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-4 15:15
Made your drone faster?   Really?
Since speed is controller by the flight controller, it's hard to see how.
Care to post flight data to back up this claim?

I think unless tested in lab conditions it would be very hard to prove any performance improvements.
Any detectable increase in speed would be negligible, these are flying cameras not racing drones how fast do you need it to go?
2018-10-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

rubyduby Posted at 2018-10-4 14:44
i own 2 pairs which made drone faster and quieter,never had any problems until i decided to buy another set since they do improve speed and noise at least for me it did but then the new ones arrived and just like the problems you encountered  i also encountered so i think it may be just the seller has faulty unbalanced props.

There had never been a scientific test to prove these carbon fiber, “Reinforced” props, will increase drone speed or efficiency.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules