12Next >
4460 65 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Single SelectVote, Total 117 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

42.74% (50)
5.98% (7)
24.79% (29)
8.55% (10)
17.95% (21)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-7-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Need another poll after this one:

After new firmware is finally released, will it:
1) resolve none of reported problems
2) resolve one of reported problems
3) resolve several of reported problems
4) resolve most of reported problems
5) resolve all of reported problems
6) introduce new problems, and fix one or more of reported problems
7) introduce new problems, and fix none of reported problems

2018-7-3
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-3 18:01

sure.....
2018-7-3
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

During 2017, DJI used to publish new firmware every month or so. Now , it seems that they have considerably slowed down how often they publish new firmware.

I am wondering what is the normal trend. In past products (i.e. DJI Phantom series or Inspire), how often did they  use to publish new firmware?

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I believe 1/ you should have directed this to Mavic Air and 2/ should have given the option . Will firmware come when it’s ready.

Mavic Pro 0300 has been one of the best Mavic Pro FW Udates, yes we have seen some small problems with app updates. You must remember that they’re are 10 times the amount of Mavic Pro owners than Mavic Air , and around on this forum, they’re are 10 times the amount of people with problems with Mavic air.
So it’s easy to see and work out that problems with Mavic Pro are incidental to that of Mavic Air.

While it would be regular for FW to come closely after new release, I believe this is likely maybe a couple of weeks after new release. New FW never comes without problems and doesn’t always sort out old problems, but I believe it’s the intention of engineers to make all their aircraft better in the long run, just as they have with Mavic Pro , phantom and other aircraft.

So hopefully sooner rather than later.
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jpap Posted at 2018-7-4 00:48
During 2017, DJI used to publish new firmware every month or so. Now , it seems that they have considerably slowed down how often they publish new firmware.

I am wondering what is the normal trend. In past products (i.e. DJI Phantom series or Inspire), how often did they  use to publish new firmware?

Phantom, got 2 last year, inspire got two. The aircraft with the most updates since its release is by far Mavic Pro , but they are less frequent now.
2018-7-4
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 01:01
I believe 1/ you should have directed this to Mavic Air and 2/ should have given the option . Will firmware come when it’s ready.

Mavic Pro 0300 has been one of the best Mavic Pro FW Udates, yes we have seen some small problems with app updates. You must remember that they’re are 10 times the amount of Mavic Pro owners than Mavic Air , and around on this forum, they’re are 10 times the amount of people with problems with Mavic air.

I directed this poll based on the speculations here in the forum. (but is a joke)
Yes, for me the 0300 so far was the one that most met my expectations.
2018-7-4
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

0300 was great, I wish they had not changed anything or at least allowed us to roll back. Like others have mentioned on here, they should have created a new update that was exactly the same as 0300, maybe with different numbering and then allowed us to go back to it.

I like to think that the delay in releasing a new update to fix 0400 is because they are being extra cautious with their testing and verification to ensure first that the issues are indeed fixed, and second that no new issues are introduced. Or, they are all busy on the Mavic Pro II

An interesting idea might be for them to have a beta program, where they launch new firmware a few weeks early and allow some people on these forums to try it out (maybe with free DJI Care for signing up). That way you get people in lots of different locations around the world testing for you.
2018-7-4
Use props
do fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 884019 ft
South Korea

Oops, 0400 firmware is released. I'm updating my MPP with assistant 2.
then, where is the release note..?
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-7-4 06:19
0300 was great, I wish they had not changed anything or at least allowed us to roll back. Like others have mentioned on here, they should have created a new update that was exactly the same as 0300, maybe with different numbering and then allowed us to go back to it.

I like to think that the delay in releasing a new update to fix 0400 is because they are being extra cautious with their testing and verification to ensure first that the issues are indeed fixed, and second that no new issues are introduced. Or, they are all busy on the Mavic Pro II

They do have beta programs, not to sure if there is one for Mavic Air yet.
2018-7-4
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

do fly Posted at 2018-7-4 07:10

One sugestion....

Don´t upgrade to 0400 before read this forum
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

do fly Posted at 2018-7-4 07:10

If you update Mavic Pro to .0400, you can NOT roll back to previous version.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mavic Pro Firmware .0300 has been anything but great for too many.  There is no mention of fixes for reported problems with .0300 in .0400 release.

Increased the aircraft data’s security. (What does that mean?  No more access to FlightLogs?)
Optimized the propulsion system performance. (What does that mean?  30-second longer flight time?)  

2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-4 08:14
One sugestion....

Don´t upgrade to 0400 before read this forum

I would add - do not trust word of a couple of posters here about: "All is well, upgrade to .0400".
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Think we might find that Mavic Pro FW was available for roll back for the last 3 months , but those who purportedly had the most problems, self confessed tech experts , only decided to roll back from 0300 , this week, it must have been an epiphany. Doh wasted 3 months calibration problems pixelated problems Yaw problems !!!! We should take advice from these guys !!!
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 09:10
Think we might find that Mavic Pro FW was available for roll back for the last 3 months , but those who purportedly had the most problems, self confessed tech experts , only decided to roll back from 0300 , this week, it must have been an epiphany. Doh wasted 3 months calibration problems pixelated problems Yaw problems !!!! We should take advice from these guys !!!

Actually, I rolled back from .0300 FW on my Mavic Pro P sometime back.  Might help if you actual read posts with comprehension - while you were sober.

It was only after problems (problems others have reported) with DJI's Assistant-2, that I re-upgrade to .0300 FW to eliminate that as a reason for Assistant-2 not working.  

One of many steps I took to get Assistant-2 working.  Including a waste of time Chat session with DJI's official support / help.

After confirming that re-update to .0300 FW brought back Live view Blurring / Smearing / Pixelation problems, I re-rolledback to .0200 FW.  And previous weekend, I rolled Mavic Pro FW back to .0100 as a test.  More flying will need to be done, but Mavic Pro P. appeared more stable while hovering.  Almost like it was when new, when Mavic Pro P was running previous FW.

2018-7-4
Use props
Airlord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38048 ft
Germany

2018-7-4
Use props
Justaguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47047 ft
Canada

Not flying till new update is released.

Maybe I should just sell it and wait for the mavic pro 2
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Justaguy Posted at 2018-7-4 12:27
Not flying till new update is released.

They do firmware updates on new aircraft as well. What proble are you having ?
2018-7-4
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Justaguy Posted at 2018-7-4 12:27

New product....News problems

2018-7-5
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

TZero Posted at 2018-7-5 02:07
New product....News problems

i always wonder why DJI is so good at hardware yet so crap at software
2018-7-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Kevinab Posted at 2018-7-5 11:33
i always wonder why DJI is so good at hardware yet so crap at software

me too

2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The new FW on the MA better come soon...
2018-7-6
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

A new firmware for the Pro and Spark has been released today. Maybe there comes one for MA soon.
2018-7-6
Use props
Fabrice_FR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

i ll wait a bit before upgrading my spark.... maybe few of them will be crashed after this new release.

Let s see
2018-7-6
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Need another poll after this one:

That's a good one
2018-7-6
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 01:36
The new FW on the MA better come soon...

I hope

2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, it seems that is all CUSTOMERS have at the moment!
2018-7-7
Use props
Nikram19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51273 ft

DJI PLEASE FIX YAW DRIFT!!!
2018-7-7
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know when it will be released.

In twice as long as half the time.

Your welcome
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikram19 Posted at 2018-7-7 17:49
DJI PLEASE FIX YAW DRIFT!!!

I see you have a Mavic Pro, new FW last week should have helped with this.

It was a fairly big FW in which dji optimized propulsion system, and while to some that might sound vague. Better explained below.

The Drones propulsion system provides the necessary power to propel the aircraft for forward flight or hover.
There are many other elements to it as well, if you think about going to get your car serviced now and all diagnostics are checked and calibrated to optimum settings, well that was the FW update.

And if we look at the Mavic Air Yaw problem, a similar FW update should fix that problem, for those having it.

All I can tell you is my Mavic Pro has checked out and is flying really well.
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-8 01:48
I see you have a Mavic Pro, new FW last week should have helped with this.

It was a fairly big FW in which dji optimized propulsion system, and while to some that might sound vague. Better explained below.

One thing I find strange about this forum. When you try to help a poster with factual information, some idiot who doesn’t know why decides to DOWNVOTE you, and believe me I know who it is.
I would much prefer if he has a reason for downvoting my comment, he explain why . But the reason he doesn’t do this is simply because he’s an idiot and can’t find any response that would not make him look like an idiot. Don’t DOWNVOTE when someone makes a helpful comment unless you think it’s wrong, and if so have the B*LL’S to put your case forward.
It’s not so long since you insisted another forum member correct his mistake. You know who you are.

“...There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have the burden of proving it.”
2018-7-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-7-8 00:46
I know when it will be released.

Hahahahahaha - we live in hope!
2018-7-8
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

One more week starts ......
2018-7-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

TZero Posted at 2018-7-9 13:39
One more week starts ......

If there was a serious issue with .400 affecting flight security, we would have seen an update since long. But since there aren't serious issues, there is not such a hurry and we better give them the time to make and release a good one when it is ready.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-8 05:22
One thing I find strange about this forum. When you try to help a poster with factual information, some idiot who doesn’t know why decides to DOWNVOTE you, and believe me I know who it is.
I would much prefer if he has a reason for downvoting my comment, he explain why . But the reason he doesn’t do this is simply because he’s an idiot and can’t find any response that would not make him look like an idiot. Don’t DOWNVOTE when someone makes a helpful comment unless you think it’s wrong, and if so have the B*LL’S to put your case forward.
It’s not so long since you insisted another forum member correct his mistake. You know who you are.

Oh, so now those owners who you've insulted by inferring there is no FW issues, and are rightfully down voting you, you're now calling them idiots too?

There is just no end to how stupid or insulting you can be!

BTW, in case you're too stupid to know this (and you probably are), 1 person can only downvote 1 post 1 time, so if your posts are getting multiple downvotes, then guess what? MULTIPLE PEOPLE ARE DOWNVOTING YOU, not just one!
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:43
Oh, so now those owners who you've insulted by inferring there is no FW issues, and are rightfully down voting you, you're now calling them idiots too?

There is just no end to how stupid or insulting you can be!

You still fail to show your logs, it tells me you have at all times been totally dishonest in this forum, you spend all your time creating hysteria,

You advised other users not to fly out of line of sight, because of danger they might cause to people and property because of problems you and they might be having.
And to show the hypocrisy of your statement, you admit to flying over 1000 metres and try to fool members that you had VLOS , that’s a fabrication, just like all your posts, you spend all your time around here insulting anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

Now it’s time for you to grow a pair put your logs up, you are continually asking others to do same, so let’s see your logs if not .

The hypocrisy of one who would ask others to put up proof , while he can’t or won’t , or doesn’t have any, is to say the very least disingenuous and disrespectful to all members here.
2018-7-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 15:10
You still fail to show your logs, it tells me you have at all times been totally dishonest in this forum, you spend all your time creating hysteria,

You advised other users not to fly out of line of sight, because of danger they might cause to people and property because of problems you and they might be having.

Pick one of your threads, and we continue your Trash Trolling there.
Like before, bet it is one comment, and you run for hills.  Cause we all know you only Trash Troll other people's threads.

Which is solid evidence you work for P.R. firm to Trash Troll anyone who dares post something negative about DJI's products.  
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-9 17:07
Pick one of your threads, and we continue your Trash Trolling there.
Like before, bet it is one comment, and you run for hills.  Cause we all know you only Trash Troll other people's threads.

Well I think if you check it was first tweedledum who started trashing threads, and you always are not far behind him, it seems like he pulls you around by the ring in your nose, this had nothing to do with you, but you still end up in the middle of it, your just a lacky for tweedledum.
2018-7-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 17:17
Well I think if you check it was first tweedledum who started trashing threads, and you always are not far behind him, it seems like he pulls you around by the ring in your nose, this had nothing to do with you, but you still end up in the middle of it, your just a lacky for tweedledum.

Proof ^^ above ^^ that Hallmark007 is thread Trashing Troll!
2018-7-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules