4457 65 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing that once DJI has replaced a majority of the faulty core boards that were affected by .0400, they'll release an update.  Until then it will only compound the issue.  I encourage everyone to send theirs in for service.  I know that's not easy for some, but my experience has been a good one, and it's the only way mine was going to work properly again.
2018-7-10
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-10 05:24
I'm guessing that once DJI has replaced a majority of the faulty core boards that were affected by .0400, they'll release an update.  Until then it will only compound the issue.  I encourage everyone to send theirs in for service.  I know that's not easy for some, but my experience has been a good one, and it's the only way mine was going to work properly again.

The simplest way to solve problems is to come back with the firmware rollback policy.
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

TZero Posted at 2018-7-10 06:03
The simplest way to solve problems is to come back with the firmware rollback policy.

Or, to finally release an update that fixes the problems, like they did on the MP!
2018-7-10
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-10 08:48
Or, to finally release an update that fixes the problems, like they did on the MP!

If they have faulty boards on some aircraft, maybe they can't?  
2018-7-10
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-10 11:02
If they have faulty boards on some aircraft, maybe they can't?

It's possible, but I don't see faulty boards preventing a FW rollout; nothing like that has ever stopped other electronics manufacturers from putting out FW updates.
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If they have faulty boards on some aircraft, maybe they can't?

Assuming there are faulty boards (not saying there is).
That should not keep DJI from issuing firmware / software that would be equivalent to rollback.  Owners having problems could try the firmware / software.  Then choose whether to send in their drones or suffer future problems.
Further, DJI should be issuing recalls if there were faulty boards.  Or providing a Pass / Fail test that detects or displays issues caused by possible faulty boards.
2018-7-10
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-10 12:53
Assuming there are faulty boards (not saying there is).
That should not keep DJI from issuing firmware / software that would be equivalent to rollback.  Owners having problems could try the firmware / software.  Then choose whether to send in their drones or suffer future problems.
Further, DJI should be issuing recalls if there were faulty boards.  Or providing a Pass / Fail test that detects or displays issues caused by possible faulty boards.

"DJI should be issuing recalls if there were faulty boards"

Agree, but you think they're likely to do that?  I don't.
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-12 07:37
"DJI should be issuing recalls if there were faulty boards"

Agree, but you think they're likely to do that?  I don't.

No Comment.  
2018-7-12
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey, I like DJI and their products.  Not sure I'd ever even consider buying a different brand, and I have no complaint about their support (yet).  But I also understand they're not a US company and probably have a different business philosophy than a US-based company might.  The chances of a global recall for an unknown number of (perhaps) faulty boards is probably slim, although I'd like to think that if it were necessary, they'd do the right thing.

Funny story, our college's tech support office got a call one day from a faculty member who had returned to his homeland in China for a visit.  He was complaining about his internet access because he couldn't get to a YouTube channel.  The support guy, knowing where he was, asked him, "where are you at"?  when he replied he was in China, the support guy said "There ya' go." and hung up.
2018-7-12
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

They must be busy on the new upcoming products. There were really frequent updates for the first few months, and now there is actually a major issue, nothing for months.
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-7-16 05:24
They must be busy on the new upcoming products. There were really frequent updates for the first few months, and now there is actually a major issue, nothing for months.

Granny, pushed it to back warming only burner.
2018-7-16
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Another week starting.
And when I created this poll, I put it up for 20 days thinking it would be too much.
One week left to close.

Congratulations DJI !!!!
You are doing a sensational job of creating a negative marketing

2018-7-16
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-16 15:38
Another week starting.
And when I created this poll, I put it up for 20 days thinking it would be too much.
One week left to close.

Time since last update...
2018-7-17
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-17 09:08

Amazing !!!!!!
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Yup, those DJI engineers and forum admins are hard at work trying to get all these serious issues resolved! /s
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Slow Death
2018-7-17
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft

If they have faulty boards on some aircraft, maybe they can't?

If there is a series with faulty boards, I would expect a page with DJI where I can verify whether my Air may have a faulty board. And if yes, how to arrange for a swap. Proofing faulty hardware after a crash would become "challenging". In my case as a starting drone pilot, a pilot error is a real possibility. And a problem is usually accompanied by another problem...
2018-7-20
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And the clock keeps ticking....
https://tinyurl.com/y9hgqyqk
2018-8-2
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-8-2 12:38
And the clock keeps ticking....

I do not know if I laugh or cry

90 days
2018-8-2
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

There is probably some big crisis going on at DJI. They set dates for a major announcement in NYC that we now know was for the Mavic 2. Then, with a few weeks to go they cancelled it. The cancellation so soon before the event is odd and likely some of the invitees lost money on hotel or plane deposits. Then, rather than set a new date they postponed indefinitely.

Next, there are all kinds of leaks about the Mavic 2 and still no new date from DJI. Looks like they were all ready to launch including Argos catalogs being printed up, then they pull the plug. So, there is probably some big issue going on there and all the engineers are busy with that.

Anyhow, when the Mavic 2 is released, I will very likely buy one. But not until it has been out for about 6 months or more - not wanting to be a beta tester on another new drone
2018-8-2
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-2 14:07
There is probably some big crisis going on at DJI. They set dates for a major announcement in NYC that we now know was for the Mavic 2. Then, with a few weeks to go they cancelled it. The cancellation so soon before the event is odd and likely some of the invitees lost money on hotel or plane deposits. Then, rather than set a new date they postponed indefinitely.

Next, there are all kinds of leaks about the Mavic 2 and still no new date from DJI. Looks like they were all ready to launch including Argos catalogs being printed up, then they pull the plug. So, there is probably some big issue going on there and all the engineers are busy with that.

I agree w/ you
2018-8-3
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-8-2 13:43
I do not know if I laugh or cry

90 days

At least they released a Go4 iOS update.  It's even been awhile since they did that.
2018-8-3
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump

2018-8-16
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

When I put the option (new firmw after the launch of the new iOS) in the voting, a lot of people found it exaggerated.
It seems that the least voted option will be the winner

2018-9-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-9-16 16:30
When I put the option (new firmw after the launch of the new iOS) in the voting, a lot of people found it exaggerated.
It seems that the least voted option will be the winner

Thought you ought to know.  Your Poll results have been skewed.

HM-HK_Poll-Skewing.jpg

Seems a forum member voted in your poll twice.  See Red Rectangles.

2018-9-16
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-16 21:41
Thought you ought to know.  Your Poll results have been skewed.

[view_image]

2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules