Go-home function?
1133 3 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erikhrast
New

Slovenia

[size=10.3999996185303px]Hello ...

I hava a question regards Go-Home function.
As I understand this function is activated when battery reach first low level. If it's enabled in Assistant software of course
Now.. when I fly my Phantom and the battery is drained to low level, red light starts to blink... that's OK.

But I don't understand why Go-Home function on my drone is sometimes activated at this point and why somethimes isn't???

Is this depend of some other criteria too?

Thank you for reply...

Erik

erikhrast Posts: 6Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 pm

2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

Go-home function only be activated when the  number of satellites is over six.
2014-11-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Also, was there a change in the software update which decided on "go home" dependent on battery /distance?  I see that the % of charge setting left prior to go home option doesn't seem to be there anymore. This would mean "go home " would be variable by how high/far away the drone was. (although it already did that, it seems the % choice has been dropped.)
2014-11-5
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

There seems to be two assessments of current battery level.  One we see (on the battery, on the rear arm LEDs, and iOSD), and the other is something internally the Phantom uses to determine second tier low battery.  I've seen auto descend occur at as much as 60% battery level on an older battery.  (If you see such behavior, consider retiring that battery soon)

The point is, there are inconstancies such as you mention.  
2014-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules