Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery
870 14 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

Is that anything bad that it's that's status when the drone is turned on but on the ground not flying? plus its limited propulsion output when I flyed that time to
Screenshot_20180703-202558.jpg
2018-7-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It appears to me the battery is not fully charged.  You must always launch with a fully charged battery.  I would bet if your battery was fully charged, you wouldn't see that warning.  Good luck
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, as above mentioned, it is recommended to fully charge the batteries before using it. That is the current battery status and to clarify, this is not an error. I recommend you discharge the battery to around 40% to 65% of total power when it is idle for more than ten days. You can also enable auto-discharging function on your app and the battery will automatically discharge by itself.
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, always top up your flight packs. Particularly if they have been sitting idle for a few weeks.

It’s a mandatory preflight procedure.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Sweden

Okay thanks everyone will do that in the future!
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Depending where your Auto Discharge is set, in the app, per battery, you need to top them up, to be sure they are fully charged before taking off.

A battery that has begun to discharge can not be relied upon, through the voltage reading in the app. You need to make sure they are fully charged, on the charger.

Happy to help you continue to have a safe day in the field. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Sweden

Okay thanks for the details redhotpoker!
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cartelz Posted at 2018-7-4 06:21
Okay thanks for the details redhotpoker!

Here’s to hoping my helpful Advice is true. Hahaha

There have been numerous reports of bad flights when taking off with pre discharged flight packs.

It’s only from others experience, that this advice is given.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It might as well be just an odd information, see this thread of a similar message on the P4P's.
2018-7-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The DJI GO app allows us to set the auto discharge time of our Phantom packs to avoid storing at full charge and causing short life.

Factory default is 10 days before auto storage discharge starts (as long as you do NOT touch battery button .. if you do - timer restarts !). 10 days is too long ... and anyway - the battery has already lost some charge straight after taking from charger..... ALL batterys suffer Self Discharge but modern LiPo's / LiFe etc. are Low Self Discharge.  Better to set for 2 - 3 days ...

BUT before flying - even if charged day before ... Top it up ... best way is to switch on battery - then plug in charger. This bypasses the board that stops you charging when battery is over about 93% ... daft programming in my view ! but luckily we can over-ride that.

I strongly advise never to take off with a less than full charged battery ...

Nigel
2018-7-5
Use props
Dynx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176654 ft
United States

I have two original batteries and one always has  "self-discharge in storage" status as showed on screenshot above. Do you have any ideas why this happens?
2018-7-5
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Turkey

It‘s possible you charged the battery full and you waited too long for the flight and you had a roll back to the discharhing cyclus.
Please vharge battery direct before you let the bird fly for sure,and this message comes notagain.
2018-7-10
Use props
Phipps33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43258 ft

solentlife Posted at 2018-7-5 03:39
The DJI GO app allows us to set the auto discharge time of our Phantom packs to avoid storing at full charge and causing short life.

Factory default is 10 days before auto storage discharge starts (as long as you do NOT touch battery button .. if you do - timer restarts !). 10 days is too long ... and anyway - the battery has already lost some charge straight after taking from charger..... ALL batterys suffer Self Discharge but modern LiPo's / LiFe etc. are Low Self Discharge.  Better to set for 2 - 3 days ...

Nigel,

I'm a newbie so please excuse the question, but how/where in the DJI GO do you adjust the self discharge setting for the battery?

Thanks,

Gary
2018-7-12
Use props
Dynx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176654 ft

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-10 01:38
It‘s possible you charged the battery full and you waited too long for the flight and you had a roll back to the discharhing cyclus.
Please vharge battery direct before you let the bird fly for sure,and this message comes notagain.

This does not help. I have two original batteries, one is fine, but another has permanent status "self-discharge in storage" :-(
2018-7-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Phipps33 Posted at 2018-7-12 17:53
Nigel,

I'm a newbie so please excuse the question, but how/where in the DJI GO do you adjust the self discharge setting for the battery?

No worries ... we all start out ...

OK .. you need to have all powered up and connected.

GO screen ... you can either tap the BATTERY icon in the top right menu bar or tap the 3 dots / 3bars in right top corner, then tap the BATTERY icon down the left side of the box that popped up ...........

Ok - Battery icon tapped ...

The screen now gives you cell voltages in boxes across top and below various settings .. Low battery warning ... Critical battery warning etc.  and at the bottom of the listing ... ADVANCED SETTINGS ... tap that and you get more options .. Show voltage on screen ... and below that the Time to Discharge box ...
Type in there the days you want BEFORE discharge starts ... can be 1 to 10 ... I suggest 2 or 3 days is good compromise.

You need to do this for each battery you have so GO transfers that setting to the battery FW program .. by pulling and inserting each battery ... powering up etc. Once powered  the setting will be made.

Nigel
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules