DJI Battery Station Problem
6007 22 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

I left eight batteries in the station as storage. Each were at 50% charge. About 6 weeks later went to charge them. All were completely discharged down to failure. What did I do wrong? All were on the latest firmware.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry to hear that, just to verify, all eight batteries cannot be charged at all?
2018-7-5
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-5 02:58
We are so sorry to hear that, just to verify, all eight batteries cannot be charged at all?

Correct. All 8 are dead and will not charge. I just opened a case with DJI support. Can you help as well?
Edit: I was wrong, 7 are dead and 1 came back alive. The message on the battery station varies from “Permanent Failure” to “Communication Error”
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jerry Posted at 2018-7-5 07:00
Correct. All 8 are dead and will not charge. I just opened a case with DJI support. Can you help as well?
Edit: I was wrong, 7 are dead and 1 came back alive. The message on the battery station varies from “Permanent Failure” to “Communication Error”

Hi Jerry, thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer below and offer more details for better assistance?
1. Did you power on the battery station or connect AC cable during the 6 weeks? Is the screen light or not?
Do you still remember what's the last position of the switch? You may refer to the first screenshot and confirm.
2. During the idle period, are the batteries light?
3. Could you read the battery version on the battery station? If yes, please kindly refer the second screenshot and offer the battery version.
Also, it will be better to offer the battery station version and the barcode of the batteries, we'll forward to our engineers for further review.

Battery Station.png
Battery Version.png
2018-7-6
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-6 00:21
Hi Jerry, thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer below and offer more details for better assistance?
1. Did you power on the battery station or connect AC cable during the 6 weeks? Is the screen light or not?
Do you still remember what's the last position of the switch? You may refer to the first screenshot and confirm.

Battery station was closed with no A/c plug during idle period.
The battery station screen lights up fine
The switch position was in discharge position the entire idle period
The battery station with eight batteries in the charging slots remained untouched and closed during the 6 weeks
See photos in next reply of the 8 batteries
All 8 batteries are at the same firmware level

2018-7-6
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

2018-7-6
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

Jerry Posted at 2018-7-6 19:29
Battery station was closed with no A/c plug during idle period.
The battery station screen lights up fine
The switch position was in discharge position the entire idle period

2018-7-6
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, and we'll come back as long as there is an update. Thanks for your patience.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jerry, thanks for your patience. I just got an update from our engineers that there is still one point need to verify: Do you still have a working battery? If yes, please put a working battery in and switch to discharging mode(toggle Status Switch to right and Option Switch to left), then do not press other buttons and observe 10 minutes to see whether the station screen is light or not. It will be better to take some pictures from different perspectives when you doing this, thank you!
2018-7-10
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-10 22:46
Hi Jerry, thanks for your patience. I just got an update from our engineers that there is still one point need to verify: Do you still have a working battery? If yes, please put a working battery in and switch to discharging mode(toggle Status Switch to right and Option Switch to left), then do not press other buttons and observe 10 minutes to see whether the station screen is light or not. It will be better to take some pictures from different perspectives when you doing this, thank you!

Test 1 picture 1: no a/c plugged in. Switches in requested position. Placed good battery that is at 50% charge into slot. Didn’t touch any button. No screen light before, during or after 10 mins. Picture 2 is after 10 mins.

Test 2 picture  3 A/c plugged in. Switches in requested position. Did not touch any buttons. No screen light before, during or after 10 mins.

Test 3: press battery station power on button. Pic 4 Switches in requested position. Didn’t touch other buttons.
Screen light on through 10 mins. Pic5
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jerry Posted at 2018-7-11 20:13
Test 1 picture 1: no a/c plugged in. Switches in requested position. Placed good battery that is at 50% charge into slot. Didn’t touch any button. No screen light before, during or after 10 mins. Picture 2 is after 10 mins.

Test 2 picture  3 A/c plugged in. Switches in requested position. Did not touch any buttons. No screen light before, during or after 10 mins.

Well received. Double checked with our engineers, it is still recommended to send the batteries for fully diagnosis. I've forwarded this to the designated team for further follow-up, they will contact you and guide the further steps during the working time. We'll keep an eye on the status as well.
2018-7-12
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-12 21:17
Well received. Double checked with our engineers, it is still recommended to send the batteries for fully diagnosis. I've forwarded this to the designated team for further follow-up, they will contact you and guide the further steps during the working time. We'll keep an eye on the status as well.

Thank you. I have the dead 8 batteries and will send them when I’m contacted with the return instructions. Do you need the case number I opened several days ago or do you already have it?
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jerry Posted at 2018-7-12 22:42
Thank you. I have the dead 8 batteries and will send them when I’m contacted with the return instructions. Do you need the case number I opened several days ago or do you already have it?

Jerry, there will be a new case number for return and the shipping label will be sent to you soon, please check later. We'll keep follow up this case until we figure it out, no worries.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jerry Posted at 2018-7-12 22:42

Hi Jerry, sorry for disturbing you. There are still some points need to be confirmed, I'll send you in PM, please kindly respond when you see it, thanks so much!
2018-8-9
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411657 ft
United States

Is there any update on this problem? I have exactly the same type of problem. After storage in the battery station for about a month now 7 of my 12 batteries have communication errors and show 0% charge. They will not take a charge. And cannot do anything with them. All were on the latest firmware as well as the battery station.
2019-1-13
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

Is there any update on this problem? I have exactly the same type of problem. After storage in the battery station for about a month now 7 of my 12 batteries have communication errors and show 0% charge. They will not take a charge. And cannot do anything with them. All were on the latest firmware as well as the battery station.
2019-1-14
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

Is there anyone out there monitoring these postings?  Is there any update on this problem? I have exactly the same type of problem. After storage in the battery station for about a month now 7 of my 12 batteries have communication errors and show 0% charge. They will not take a charge. And cannot do anything with them. All were on the latest firmware as well as the battery station.
2019-3-17
Use props
InterMurph
lvl.2
  • >>>

Is there an update on this issue?  

I had the exact same problem; I also lost 7 of 8 batteries by leaving them in the charging station for a few months.

That's $1,113 worth of batteries that were destroyed by storing them in the charging station.

Please contact me on how I can get them replaced.

Thanks.
2019-9-14
Use props
Mark774
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone gotten anything resolved on this problem?  No one has bothered contacting me back on any of it.
2020-1-13
Use props
Motion House
lvl.1

United States

Man Im coming from the Freefly world with batteries. This isn't good either.
2020-12-9
Use props
Simon7354
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1721414 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Susan,  I too have had the same problem with loosing 8 TB50’s while sat in the charging station.  PM sent
2021-5-18
Use props
jenzeee0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now it got me, too: 8 dead batteries after storing them for about 2 months in the battery station. - Slider was set to "discharge" which might be the problem. I hope DJI will take responsibility for the loss of the batteries. Will keep you posted.
2022-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules