Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 0400 firmware update has landed
12345Next >
14335 193 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Just updating as I type via DJI Go 4 (v4.2.22).

Might get a chance to test tonight/tomorrow, no notes available as yet.

DJI Go 4 update path, updates aircraft & RC both to V01.04.0400.

Update initially failed because I placed RC & Display device right beside aircraft on table, this interupted the wifi I believe.
Rebooted all devices and started again (holding RC in hand this time), all successful after 'about' 15 minutes (my guestimate, I should've timed it).

Edit:- Goggles (original) upgrade also available to make them compatible with P4P V2 I believe (I aint got one).

Edit 2:- Contrary to the release notes (and those back to V01.04.0400) the firmware on the Mavic Pro can be downgraded (if needed). However it cannot be downgraded to any firmware that existed before V01.04.0400.
2018-7-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I dont see it, let us know how it Flies
2018-7-4
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Release notes are here:

2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-7-4 07:56

Will do, most likely early tomorrow morning.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Once  the  firmware  has  been  updated,  it  cannot  be  downgraded  to  a  former  version.

2018-7-4
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for the update.
Will wait to see how you do before updating. Hoping everything goes well.
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Ardvark, I just landed my Mavic Pro got message to say incorrect FW please update, thought it was a bug , will update later.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 08:23
Once  the  firmware  has  been  updated,  it  cannot  be  downgraded  to  a  former  version.

Have you checked that it can't be downgraded ?

Edit:- I've not tested yet, but DJI Assistant 2 offers downgrade path:-

And rollback for RC offers back to 01.03.1000 if required.

0400 downgrade.png
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thanks for sight of the notes, they're still not visible to me yet (both MP & MPP downloads checked).
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 08:31

The text was copied right from DJI's release notes for Mavic Pro .0400 release.
See actual release notes or look at screen shot in post #3 above.

2018-7-4
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

I wonder what they mean by "increased data's security". Encrypted on-board flight logs which can be decrypted only by DJI just like with Mavic Air?
2018-7-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 08:23

Didn't DJI remove the ability to revert to older firmware versions some time ago? I believe it was to prevent people from going back to earlier firmware that could be hacked to remove geofencing and other built-in constraints. Don't think this is anything new, except for admitting there's no reversion path.
2018-7-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 08:31

Huh, weird, last year I tried to do a rollback and none were available -- maybe the servers were just down or something. Do those links work?
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-7-4 10:35
Didn't DJI remove the ability to revert to older firmware versions some time ago? I believe it was to prevent people from going back to earlier firmware that could be hacked to remove geofencing and other built-in constraints. Don't think this is anything new, except for admitting there's no reversion path.

I have reverted (or rolled back) at least three times my Mavic Pro P; using DJI's Assistant-2 running on OS-X.  

Maybe I simply lucky, like those who have never ever had a single issue with .0300 on Mavic Pro and .0400 on Mavic Air.  
2018-7-4
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As that firmware version seems to require Andoid GO4 4.2.20, Mavic PRO / Crystal Sky users should not upgrade. That GO4 app is still at 4.2.16 (as this is posted: July 4, 2018)
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-7-4 10:38
Huh, weird, last year I relied to do a rollback and none were available -- maybe the servers were just down or something. Do those links work?

I've not tested them as yet, if all works well I might try one, and if all doesn't go well then I'll find out soon enough.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I do hope the Release Notes are WRONG about not being able to rollback or revert to a previous release.  
Because it would be great to see Mavic Pro flying on .0400 like it flew when brand new, with whatever improvements .0400 actually has.  The release notes are far to vague.

I am going to wait till a couple of trusted people here report back that - they did upgrade to .0400 and were able to successfully rollback to .0200 without flight problems.   Being I do not see anything in .0400 release notes that is a reason to risk updating to .0400, and getting stuck on .0400 like what has happened to those with Mavic Air drones.
2018-7-4
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft

Was hoping we might get asteroid quickshot for the pro :-( , ah well..
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Sim-Y Posted at 2018-7-4 10:56
Was hoping we might get asteroid quickshot for the pro :-( , ah well..

That's one I was going to check :-)
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-7-4 10:35

The release notes first mentioned the 'no roll back' with the release of V01.04.0100, and in each subsequent release.

Date : 2017.11.23 Firmware : v01.04.0100

Notes:
 Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
2018-7-4
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Update went fine. Short test flights on 2 different Mavic Pros went fine. Didn't have too much time so did not check for new options, and video stream might be a little smoother on my Mini 4...
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HyLenz Posted at 2018-7-4 11:41
Update went fine. Short test flights on 2 different Mavic Pros went fine. Didn't have too much time so did not check for new options, and video stream might be a little smoother on my Mini 4...

Good job......
2018-7-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do they no longer pin firmware updates?  That’s kind of a pain in the...
2018-7-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 10:55
I do hope the Release Notes are WRONG about not being able to rollback or revert to a previous release.  
Because it would be great to see Mavic Pro flying on .0400 like it flew when brand new, with whatever improvements .0400 actually has.  The release notes are far to vague.

After all the hystery caused by people like you who have no clue about Mavic Air, nothing serious at all has happened to us Mavic Air pilots after update to the .400 firmware. Not a single crash reported here can be attributed to it. A false error message on motor current yes (but not clear yet if firmware or DJI GO 4), which was confirmed as false alert by DJI since long. Unintentional yaw more and more is reported as a much broader issue occasionally affecting all DJI drones without good explanation yet, but then by nature cannot be connected to a single firmware update for a single model as you are happily propagating in the threads relating to a drone that you do not own. These are the true facts.
2018-7-4
Use props
N422BH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1187812 ft

Updated this morning, flew 2 batteries.. mavic pro, iPad Pro ,everything updated to latest...  no problems here. Went few miles away no feed loss or transmission loss
2018-7-4
Use props
spacecasejace
New

United States

The update has glitched everything for me, mavic pro/android app.  App is unresponsive or the feed distorts.  Couple take offs have worked but I'm troubleshooting the app.  Seriously sad I upgraded today.  Was about to go to Huntington Beach CA to go film the festivities.

Will update here when resolved.
2018-7-4
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Updated my Mavic this evening, took some pics of the sunet - no issues.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-7-4 07:56

Flew one battery tonight, and all worked well. Stable in hover (little or no wind) with VPS on & off. Did a line of sight flight for a couple of hundred metres and it appeared to hold a straight line. C1 button operated camera up/down after POI. No additional quickshot modes just Dronie, Rocket & Helix. RTH tested and working.

So first test flight worked well for me, no streams of annoying repeating messages.

p.s I have calibrated nothing since updating to 01.04.0400 earlier today.
2018-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I'm going to wait to see what's being reported back before updating.
We have 25mph gust today anyway. so no flying
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Woe Posted at 2018-7-4 13:31
I'm going to wait to see what's being reported back before updating.
We have 25mph gust today anyway. so no flying

So far four good, and one not so good due to suspect App', not bad odds so far :-)
2018-7-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just flew three batteries, no issues to report.
2018-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 13:35
So far four good, and one not so good due to suspect App', not bad odds so far :-)

Did you try different flight modes or only fly?
Did you try RTH?  In other words what type of flight test was this?
Android Or IOS.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have updated today when I was out at the river with the kids but no flying.  Drone was warm from updating and well was just to warm outside anyway.  I will be doing some extensive testing today trying to test everything out and will create a thread and report my finding but hope all is good.  Will be especially testing for video lag when recording POI as hoping but doubtful that was fixed with this.  

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-4 13:39
Just flew three batteries, no issues to report.

I updated only time for one battery, everything is fine, Mavic Pro has turned out to be a great reliable aircraft, and no issues so far with this update, 0400 iOS 4.2.22 .
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Oh and I will be sure to be using all 6 of my batteries testing everything I can possibly think of.  So if anyone has anything specific they would like tested let me know.  
Off the bat here is what I will be testing.
Speed in normal/OA turned off and Sports mode
Video recording in 4k/2.7k/1080P.
All Intelligent flight modes.  Ensuring all buttons work before/during/after
Ensuring no lag in any mode especially POI during recording.
Testing active track changing EV all the way from -2 to +2 ensuring it continues to track object.
Ensuring of course no drifting/no moving any other direction while hovering
Timing how long it takes to lock on to 12 satellites(compared to previously)
Testing how accurate RTH is with and without an object to lock onto ie landing pad.
Testing all of the different Pano's(180/360/vertical)

Anything else you can think of let me know and will try and add it in.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 13:44
I updated only time for one battery, everything is fine, Mavic Pro has turned out to be a great reliable aircraft, and no issues so far with this update, 0400 iOS 4.2.22 .

Glad to hear I will be testing later this evening.  
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-4 12:13
After all the hystery caused by people like you who have no clue about Mavic Air, nothing serious at all has happened to us Mavic Air pilots after update to the .400 firmware. Not a single crash reported here can be attributed to it. A false error message on motor current yes (but not clear yet if firmware or DJI GO 4), which was confirmed as false alert by DJI since long. Unintentional yaw more and more is reported as a much broader issue occasionally affecting all DJI drones without good explanation yet, but then by nature cannot be connected to a single firmware update for a single model as you are happily propagating in the threads relating to a drone that you do not own. These are the true facts.

Oh my gosh me and a few other caused ''hystery''!   Whatever that is.

Why do you continue to try to dismiss diverse problems reported by owners of Mavic Air after upgrading their drones to FW .0400?  

Do you think all problems are trivial?   
Do you think claiming there are no Mavic Air crashes dismisses reported problems?  
Do you think time people have wasted as a result of problems is a meaningless?
Do you think DJI issuing FW that can't be rolled back is way to treat customers?
Do you think DJI remaining silent and not acknowledging various problems was/is right thing to do?
Do you think DJI not having solutions after two months to problems caused .0400 should be ignored?

Why does having "no clue about Mavic Air" problems come to mind?

2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 13:51
Glad to hear I will be testing later this evening.

Best of luck and please report back.
2018-7-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:01
Oh my gosh me and a few other caused ''hystery''!   Whatever that is.

Why do you continue to try to dismiss diverse problems reported by owners of Mavic Air after upgrading their drones to FW .0400?  

Again no valid substance in your post as usual. Nothing, but really nothing should prevent any Mavic Air owner from happily flying their aircraft after installing firmware .400, nothing at all! But you try to make reasons up again and again without own knowledge and experience, sorry for you who has not the joy of flying one of them...
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-4 13:51
Oh and I will be sure to be using all 6 of my batteries testing everything I can possibly think of.  So if anyone has anything specific they would like tested let me know.  
Off the bat here is what I will be testing.
Speed in normal/OA turned off and Sports mode

Please watch for any Live view Blurring / Smearing / Pixelation.

I know it is a lot to ask, but if you have the time...
After your testing is done, can you see if Mavic Pro's firmware can be rolled back to .0100 or .0200, and still fly?  

Reason I ask is:  We know with .0400 FW upgrade to Mavic Air, most people did not have any problems.  But a few un-lucky people did.  Which is what concerns me about upgrading to .0400 on my Mavic Pro.  I could be one of un-lucky people to run into a problem, and then not be able to revert to .0100 or .0200.
2018-7-4
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules