Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
problem following 4 x motor replacement
741 7 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasonkav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511627 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guy's

I recently replaced all four motors following replacing longer screws below the motors and damaging the windings, so frustrating to find videos explaining the screws provided by DJI for the prop guards are longer.
any way replaced motors, tried it out, only 2 x motors turning as they should, 2 x still stuttering with reduced power, once powered up the 2 x 'weaker' motors picked up speed, so tried it with props on outdoors and basically flipped to the side, both left side motors outperforming and out-powering the right side.
returned to the repair and swapped over the weaker motor with good one to prove motors all run well and they did, the new motors placed on the right hand side stuttered.
I am now looking to replace both right sided esc boards.

would appreciate some feedback before I spend more hard earned cash!

Jasonkav
2018-7-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I agree with your assessment.  Get you some good ESC boards and that should resolve the problem with the two stuttering motors you have left.  I would buy the four from the link below and that will leave you two for when you crash later and need two more.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... :g:NZoAAOSwxupbJBC-

If you offer him $25, he'll take it.  

2018-7-4
Use props
jasonkav
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-4 12:39
I agree with your assessment.  Get you some good ESC boards and that should resolve the problem with the two stuttering motors you have left.  I would buy the four from the link below and that will leave you two for when you crash later and need two more.  

thanks Mark, much appreciated.
2018-7-4
Use props
jasonkav
lvl.1
France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-4 12:39

Hi Mark
are both v1 and v2 compatible?
I am looking to source closer too home in UK if at all possible.
2018-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That's a good question.  All my P2 series motors are 2212 so I don't worry, but it depends on which motors you have.  IIRC, if you have the 2212 motors, all the ESCs will work.  If you have ESC v2.1, all the motors will work.  But if you have the 2312 motors and you're looking to replace a bad ESC with a good used ESC, it gets complicated.  If you buy a new ESC from somewhere, it will be a 2.1 so you have no worries, but the used ESCs that aren't marked are a concern with the 2312 motors.  So in that case you should research it or just make sure you buy v2.1 ESCs.  IIRC, the V2 ESCs will work with 2312 but the original V1 ESCs won't.  But neither of those ESCs are marked.  I think you have to find out via the serial number and DJI can tell you what version it is.  
2018-7-6
Use props
jasonkav
lvl.1
France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-6 02:28
That's a good question.  All my P2 series motors are 2212 so I don't worry, but it depends on which motors you have.  IIRC, if you have the 2212 motors, all the ESCs will work.  If you have ESC v2.1, all the motors will work.  But if you have the 2312 motors and you're looking to replace a bad ESC with a good used ESC, it gets complicated.  If you buy a new ESC from somewhere, it will be a 2.1 so you have no worries, but the used ESCs that aren't marked are a concern with the 2312 motors.  So in that case you should research it or just make sure you buy v2.1 ESCs.  IIRC, the V2 ESCs will work with 2312 but the original V1 ESCs won't.  But neither of those ESCs are marked.  I think you have to find out via the serial number and DJI can tell you what version it is.

i replaced motors with 2312 version, I have an eye on a pair of v2.1
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that you are having right now. I would recommend sending the done in for further assessment and to check the motors properly. I will post the online repair request link for reference. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support
2018-7-6
Use props
jasonkav
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-6 08:33
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that you are having right now. I would recommend sending the done in for further assessment and to check the motors properly. I will post the online repair request link for reference. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support

Hi Stephen

I changed the 2 x ESC boards and it now works fine.

thank you

Jason
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules