Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maintenance / Cleaning tips?
517 7 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Hello,
So after few flights i can already see dust covering some key points on my MA, even tho i only hand launch it, and i would really like to hear some tips how should i clean it.

Is there a way to dissasemble the gimbal so i can clean it? Its already covered by the dust in some areas where its really difficult to do a proper cleaning, especially those rubbers that hold it.

How i can clean a fan inside? Can i open the aircraft without voiding the warranty?

And what about motors? Some oil?

Thanks in advance, sad theres nothing about maintenance anywhere .
2018-7-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

To be honest none of what you are asking/suggesting. You can use soft compressed air if you really believe to need to clean areas that you cannot access otherwise. But do not disassemble or open anything as long as you want to have warranty.
2018-7-4
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

The rubbers at the gimble seem really sensitive. Mine are covered with dusk aswell but I'd never try to clean them because it's really risky to mess something up.
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use a rag.     
2018-7-4
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No dont take it appart, number one it will be hard to re-assemble + you will void your warranty + you will never get it back together correctly
2018-7-5
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

So my Aircraft is already set for a slow death from dirt and i cant do anything about it? Thats sad.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PiVoR Posted at 2018-7-5 01:47
So my Aircraft is already set for a slow death from dirt and i cant do anything about it?  Thats sad.

Use a landing pad.
2018-7-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

PiVoR Posted at 2018-7-5 01:47
So my Aircraft is already set for a slow death from dirt and i cant do anything about it?  Thats sad.

Compressed air is the best way for the tight areas, camera cloth for lens, dampened cloth with isopropyl alcohol is best for removing exterior dirt and bugs.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules