Who is having issues with the Quick Release Props???
12Next >
5254 42 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys I am reading on the forum and I am seeing that some people are experiencing their quick release propellors are flying off during flight...Who here is using the old props with the locks and who is using the newest QR props? Do you trust them? Have you had any problems? I am still using the QR props and I flew in pretty high winds today with no issues (Knock on wood for the future!) Please post as much as you can here so we can reassure ourselves and have better flights
2015-5-18
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Still using the original system Mount - but only because I've got heaps of spares. QR system is in the cupboard and will be fitted when I run out of the originals
2015-5-18
Use props
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

Using the quick release since day one. 37 packs through the machine so far, not one lost prop. I do make extra sure they are locked on each time I prep for flight though.
2015-5-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems with the QR props... working great for me.
2015-5-18
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

QR here no issues, I did clean off the less than adequate thread lock and used 242 instead.
2015-5-18
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

I use the self tightening props and prop locks. It was what came with the unit when I bought it in April and I am happy with them. The way I see it, it forces me to slow down in my pre-flight and make sure I've checked all my boxes. Plus, I just saw the QR mount as another item in the wear and tear chain, not that the prop locks aren't, but a bag of those costs $6(US). I'm cool with that.

My two cents.....
2015-5-18
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

jedijawa Posted at 2015-5-19 11:03
Using the quick release since day one. 37 packs through the machine so far, not one lost prop. I do  ...

37 Props?!?! How often do you change them out?

I guess that's a fair question overall - How often do yo guys change out your props, aside from the obvious signs of wear, i.e., nicks, chips, cracks, etc....
2015-5-18
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

you would think that dji would have a fail safe like this

2015-5-18
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely no issues with the QR Props.  I never had any issues with the original props with the prop locks either.
2015-5-18
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I'm using the old props and locks I don't have time to upgrade and seems to me might be a good idea to stay with the old school set up .
2015-5-18
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-19 12:15

I guess that's a fair question overall - How often ...

That's a good question. How many flights should one push the props??
2015-5-18
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-5-19 15:15

I assume he meant 37 battery charges.
2015-5-18
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

Honestly I will not use or advise the quick release props. looking at them I have no confidence in the new design. I have more believe in the self tighten props since the mount is much more solid than the plastic mounting plates with two tiny screws on the motor. A member already report cracks on it.
The self tighten props are mounted on the axis of the motor itself and avoid al that plastic converting stuff. So no thank you DJI..
2015-5-19
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Been using the QR props since they became available.  No problems, no cracks in the plates.  I've been very happy with them
2015-5-19
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

I'm still on firt set of props, and using the QR props. I've not even tried the original self tightening ones yet (dead of Winter when received my I1). I think they're great, and while I do check them for cracks etc., I typically keep my props installed unless I'm traveling far to fly. I do verify they're on correctly before every flight, and have run original QR set for 29 flights/battery packs. I'll likely sell the 3-sets of original self tightening props, and 15-packs of locks (got carried away buying extras before new ones came out), when I get time to list them...
2015-5-19
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

jason@caveracin Posted at 2015-5-19 20:25
I'm still on firt set of props, and using the QR props. I've not even tried the original self tighte ...

So you go directly against DJI's recommendations then in keeping the springs under tension by keeping the props on most of the time?

2015-5-19
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

Over four hours on my Bird with the QR props, bird was delivered with them fitted, no issues with them whatsoever.  
2015-5-19
Use props
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

fullyestablishe Posted at 2015-5-19 15:51
I assume he meant 37 battery charges.

Yes, I did mean that I have run 37 (now 41) full batteries through the machine with no prop failures to report. I have looked at the part of the prop that engages with the prop lock on the motor hub a lot, looking for signs of wear, and have not seen any to date.
2015-5-19
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Still have original props on with locks and will leave them on until they have a mishap.  I never take them off, just put the I1 in the trunk and away I go.
2015-5-19
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Only 3 flights on the QR props and all is well.
2015-5-19
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

No problems with any of the props, have tried both, and am using the quick release just because they are faster to setup. I think the screw on were  quieter after I precision balanced and weight matched them. Still have not figured out a way to precision rebalance the quick release props
2015-5-19
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

I'm using the same set of self tightening props w/locks that came with my I1. Seems like a good system and I like the redundancy of the prop locks. On that note... I'm wondering if the QR sets can be changed back to the old style. Thinking about getting a back-up bird and I'd like to use self tightening props if there's still a screw there. Can it be done?
2015-5-19
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-5-20 09:51
I'm using the same set of self tightening props w/locks that came with my I1. Seems like a good syst ...

The QR props and the spring loaded system can be taken apart with two screws...
2015-5-19
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

Excellent, thanks mountmotor!
2015-5-19
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

The QR props are stronger at the root , stiffer than the originals , when mounting the QR adapters do not  over tighten those screws ! Run both in till they seat then a little more 16th to an 8th inch maybe firmly tightened not reefed down. I believe the instructions say 200 uses and means how many times you take them on and off which compresses the spring plate causing it to loose its tension after time...
I've had no problems with QR props or the adapters at all.
2015-5-20
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I have been using the Carbon  Fiber props from Foxteck while using the DJI prop-locks  for months now ...Still haven't picked up my three spares from my dealer yet...
2015-5-20
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Quick Release Props . . . . I don't advise you use them.  Second flight after receiving them and one prop flies off, Inspire hits pavement and is shattered.  Walked up to the unit, 3 props still on, one off.  Looked at the one that was off and the inside of the prop where connects had broken allowing it to loosen and fly off.  Was on a job and I'm sure that looked impressive.  I'm sure DJI won't fix my problem but I'm going back to the self tightening props with locks.  Will send pictures of my incident along with flight data (was hovering at the time) later.
2015-8-15
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The QR props are fantastic!  I highly recommend them.  I've never had an issue and see no wear and tear yet, after 30 or so batteries.  Based on just being part of the community since before the launch, I have seen many more problem posts related to the original screw on props than the new QR props.
2015-8-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

No problems with them in 80 flights
2015-8-15
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

100 flights on the QR props, just changed them out because of a little play.  Mounts were fine.  
2015-8-16
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Many flights on QR problems. Never a problem. I remove them between sessions (they may stay on for a day or two if I'm flying over a couple of days) but when the aircraft isn't being used regularly it goes into storage (which means props removed). I always run my fingers along the edges before I mount the and check them for cracks on a regular basis.
2015-8-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJK Posted at 2015-5-20 09:27
No problems with any of the props, have tried both, and am using the quick release just because they ...

I am using these and they work great

2015-8-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I am using the quick release props and had no problems to date.  I find them real easy and quick to install.

Still have a packet of unused self-tightening props also and prop locks.
2015-8-18
Use props
qubica
New

United States

I just had a catastrophic failure of the QR props. Was doing a commercial shoot at a winery, and had flown the drown for over 5 minutes. The Inspire was at about 100 feet over gravel when one of the props disengaged from the drone. The drone went into a death spiral and crashed straight down - destroying the camera and the entire drone.
2016-2-6
Use props
scott.sjps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7573698 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had one come off. I put them on, checked them, did a quick up and down and everything was fine. I went up for a short second flight and 30 seconds in one twirled off. I could not see any problem with the prop or the locking mechanism on the motor. It is pretty unnerving and at least it happened in a very safe area. I see DJI is advertising a new and improved set of props that improve the locking mechanism. Hmmm...
2016-3-24
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.2

Australia

qubica Posted at 2016-2-7 03:27
I just had a catastrophic failure of the QR props. Was doing a commercial shoot at a winery, and had ...

DJI will be responsible for full replacement ??? This issue really concerns me, maybe DJI should recall all Inspires with QRP to be upgraded to the newer system mentioned ???
2016-3-24
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I have the 1345T props and have complete confidence in them. I have 100+ flights on them and they are still tight as they were on the first run.
I bought new lock kits since I have spare props, but if a lock breaks or wears out, I now have the parts on hand. The kits are only $8 a pair.
2016-3-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-18 23:15

I guess that's a fair question overall - How often ...

I change my props and the 1345T locking mechanism 3 times a year ( after about 100 flight packs) .  This is the one are that could have a stress Crack and cause damage to the Aircraft with No chance of recovery.  The Props are inexpensive and to me this is cheap insurance.   Be sure to balance props as well.

-donnie
2016-3-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-5-19 02:15

My opinion is change the Locks (1345T) and Props after about 3 months or 100 flights.  It is an inexpensive maintenance insurance if you ask me.  If the Prop Locks fail, you have very little chance of recovery.

donnie
2016-3-25
Use props
wingingit
lvl.1

United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-5-19 11:35
So you go directly against DJI's recommendations then in keeping the springs under tension by keep ...

I'm not sure why DJI advises against keeping the springs under tension?  Think of it this way.  You have a farm truck that sits around all the time.  It's suspension (springs) stay compressed but stay like new.  Now take the same truck and use it all the time.  It's suspension (springs) are going to wear out sooner from the uncompressing and compressing.

2016-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules