2758 43 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DennisM Posted at 2018-7-5 16:50
Maybe it was closer to my height...... 6' 1" off the ground.  Then it might add up.

I stand by my being able to see the flight log and not being able to down load it........  It's probably me.

What time of day was it?
2018-7-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

paul2660 Posted at 2018-7-5 15:54
Before you chastise him too much, be aware that currently many folks can't get the flight data off the P4 Vr 2.0 or the Plus version, which IMO would be even harder.

The "Assistant 2 for Phantom" which is the New version of Assistant only for the Vr 2.0 on my P4 Vr 2.0 will connect, but it will not let me go to the flight logs.  That was as of 1 week ago.  

Wondering why you consistently refer to this as "for the Vr 2.0 on my P4 Vr 2.0"?
To avoid confusions also in the future it would be best to use P4P and not P4 and also the official V2.0 and not Vr 2.0.
Also using it right it make it easier to search out threads in case of issues or doubt about usage and settings for other users.
2018-7-6
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-5 15:58
Before you chastise him too much, be aware that currently many folks can't get the flight data off the P4 Vr 2.0 or the Plus version, which IMO would be even harder.

But that's irrelevant to using the flight data recorded by the app as was suggested several times to the OP.

Assistant 2 if you are using a iOS device IMO is still a much faster method to get any data off the drone.  As I understand it the .DAT on the drone has more info than the .DAT on the iOS device.  To get to that data you have to use iTunes, and IMO that process has always been a mess, i.e. getting data off a iOS device, either phone or tablet.  I understand the process, but it's just not that clear cut.  

Assistant 2, when it works, you just browse the drone and pull the file.

Paul C
2018-7-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

paul2660 Posted at 2018-7-6 16:24
Assistant 2 if you are using a iOS device IMO is still a much faster method to get any data off the drone.  As I understand it the .DAT on the drone has more info than the .DAT on the iOS device.  To get to that data you have to use iTunes, and IMO that process has always been a mess, i.e. getting data off a iOS device, either phone or tablet.  I understand the process, but it's just not that clear cut.  

Assistant 2, when it works, you just browse the drone and pull the file.

Phantomhelp makes a very user-friendly display of the data which is worth the effort.
Getting the  .txt file off an Android tablet takes 10 seconds, Apple users seem to manage without too much trouble.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules