Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1 day old Mavic Air fell into the ocean, DJI offered 15% discount
1805 11 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 172562 ft
Mexico

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by improper flight environment. As such, they cannot provide warranty service.
I was not able to recover the drone, they offer me a 15% off discount for Mavic Air without the charger and remote controller.

After this sad incident, I still want my Mavic Air, I would love to receive a bigger discount to be able to purchase it again, is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks.

2018-7-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that, what was the "improper flight environment" if you don't mind my asking?
2018-7-4
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Mexico

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-7-4 15:06
Sorry to hear that, what was the "improper flight environment" if you don't mind my asking?

1. The GPS signal was weak, and the aircraft worked in ATTI mode in the flight;
2. Flight time t=00:26, h=2 m, the aircraft crashed under A mode.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by improper flight environment. As such, we cannot provide warranty service. In Attitude mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and avoid obstacle automatically. Please fly with caution.
2018-7-4
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Very sorry to hear this.  Hope you are able to get another one.
2018-7-4
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I would contact DJI again and be persistent but nice and respectful until they give you a 25% to 50 % discount. Have you owned other DJI products ? if you have let them know that your a faithful customer etc.
2018-7-4
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Mexico

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-4 15:32
I would contact DJI again and be persistent but nice and respectful until they give you a 25% to 50 % discount. Have you owned other DJI products ? if you have let them know that your a faithful customer etc.

This is my second DJI Drone, I already requested a nice discount, hope they can deliver.
2018-7-4
Use props
Mavdude
Second Officer
Australia

Given that the "GPS signal was weak" , in such a wide open space, this indicates to me that there may have been a malfunction in the drone.

2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

J.G Posted at 2018-7-4 15:08
1. The GPS signal was weak, and the aircraft worked in ATTI mode in the flight;
2. Flight time t=00:26, h=2 m, the aircraft crashed under A mode.

Sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided, your request has been escalated to the appropriate department to see if more discount can be offered, we will have someone to contact you soon in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-4
Use props
TVRamiro
Flight distance : 32940 ft
United Kingdom

Any reason why the GPS signal was lost? If it was over water there should be no obstructions on the signal. Did you take off before locking the GPS or were you flying too close to the water?

The 15% discount seems to be pretty standard as the "sympathy discount" as they call it.  Do you agree with the crash being pilot  error?  In my case I had a GPS issue as well on a perfectly open area and it was an issue with the aircraft which they covered under warranty.
2018-7-5
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-4 18:25
Sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided, your request has been escalated to the appropriate department to see if more discount can be offered, we will have someone to contact you soon in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.

Great, I truly hope that you can offer me a bigger discount, this is not my first DJI Drone, I’ll wait for your response.

Thank you!
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

J.G Posted at 2018-7-5 05:40
Great, I truly hope that you can offer me a bigger discount, this is not my first DJI Drone, I’ll wait for your response.

Thank you!

Our manager will contact you soon after verification, thanks for your patience.
2018-7-5
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-5 19:24
Our manager will contact you soon after verification, thanks for your patience.

Awesome, I'll wait for their response.

Thanks!
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules